HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 2, 2023 02:18:50  #1171

Re: Time's Boardhost Homethread - Time's Boardhost Homethread

I'm blue if I was green I would die

Reminder for time to write about thoughts on grading things from a 1-10 scale

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

April 2, 2023 02:56:38  #1172

Wow reading that from an outsider perspective me think, "That is such a weird think to write about its super extremely random, what is he going to even write about"

Anyways also remember to write about random artists I find online

Time

April 4, 2023 01:21:59  #1173

Dude I need to change myself. I need that improvement.  Working on setting good habits is very hard. As well as breaking bad ones.

Time

April 5, 2023 01:22:13  #1174

Look at that, and now I'm being derailed again with other ideas I wish to talk about.

Hey... how about i use my idea thread for once! Ideas for characters in the idea thread, and other random stuff in the homethread!

Time

April 9, 2023 16:57:12  #1175

Time wrote:

breaking bad ones.

OMG BREAKING BAD

Time

April 9, 2023 18:03:49  #1176

I'm thinking once again.

How can I be honest and true to myself, while appearing polite and kind to others where I am expressing my opinion? That's what I'm wondering, since nowadays, if you have one belief that doesn't align with the other person's ideals and aren't contributing to their echo chamber, you are enemy number one and you should be purged in their eyes.

Frankly, I don't think there's an escape when handling those kinda people. If the trigger to hostility s "Not aligning with beliefs" it's such an easy thing to cross. It's a little bit sad that people live their lives in such a tribal way, and at such an early age too. People should have some time to think where they really lie when they are young before having to make that sort of decision of where they land in beliefs. It feels like at times people are forced to pick a side. Granted, I haven't really fallen into that, At least I don't think so, but I am very sure that there are people out there that were forced to pick a faction.

Time

April 9, 2023 18:19:15  #1177

I was also thinking about another thing too: Professionalism.

I always feel more respect with those who carry themselves with a level of professionalism. Even in normal life. So like in a debate, for example since it's the easiest example, I'm always having a slight respect at least to a side that can carry themselves with professionalism. Naturally, if a side gets overly emotional, I always have the thoughts or critique of "that they could have handled themselves better."

Maybe for the idea of unprofessionalism, what I'm really talking about is anger. Maybe. I am not going to lie, anger is one ugly emotion, and showing it during an argument translates to me that you've lost, or you're can't handle the situation. Therefore you shouldn't be there. It's unprofessional, you can't see the other side, you can't actually provide reasonable arguments, and you need to take a break.

But I don't think it's anger, I think maybe it's just the idea of appearing unprofessional as a whole is something I dislike. Maybe it's because of the reasons above, or maybe it's just because I am a more reserved person myself, and just identify those who can restrain their emotions in situations.

I'm also thinking that you can be passionate and professional too though. I'm still thinking how exactly, but there's definitely a balance. I think my first thought was MLK, because he was quite passionate yet still didn't let negative emotions like anger take him over. But as I mentioned, I'm still thinking about this part. Honestly, I'm still thinking about this whole idea.

Time

April 9, 2023 18:24:37  #1178

Now I'm also thinking, why do I feel compelled to post this stuff here? Is it to write out my thoughts? That definitely has a factor, but why not the just write this stuff in a google doc? Maybe it's convenient here. That also may have a role. It could also be maybe I'm interested in expressing myself, yet still in an environment where I can write this stuff out but not get immediate if any responses from a group of people I know...

But if that's apart of the reasoning, I could definitely express these ideas to someone I know in real life, but I know usually those lead into long conversations. So maybe I put it on here to have a shorter "convo" at the expense of less ideas being transferred. I don't like the idea of the tradeoff now that I say it, but I think it may be a reasoning. 

Time

April 9, 2023 18:31:21  #1179

Time wrote:

IIt's a little bit sad that people live their lives in such a tribal way, and at such an early age too.

hmm... on this note, I think I mean to live in such a tribal way, I mean mostly belief wise. If you have differing beliefs, you are an enemy.

Because naturally I want to have a group to belong to as well. Maybe a group with similar or compatible personalities and interests, but our beliefs do not need to be the same, if that makes sense.

Like uhhhhh as an example uhhhh at a ttrpg table, I'd like that everyone has the same idea of what they want out of the game (that being a good story, high immersiveness, and a more serious tone, for me), but we can disagree on other stuff outside of the game, if that metaphor makes sense.

Time

April 10, 2023 01:35:42  #1180

Time wrote:

Because naturally I want to have a group to belong to as well. Maybe a group with similar or compatible personalities and interests, but our beliefs do not need to be the same, if that makes sense.

Is this intended to implicate that you currently don't feel as if there is a group you belong to? Sorry if that's not the case, but you talking in hypotheticals kinda gave me that feeling.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

April 10, 2023 02:35:18  #1181

Huh, I didn't even think of it that way. That one was just smth I typed out straight from my mind. But I've always been more of a loner naturally in social situations. So I suppose its a subtle thing that I don't always think about.

So I guess it's an unintentional implication, yes. While being loner socially does have its perks now and again, I'd really love to try a change of setting. And honestly, it's sometimes just seeing it happen all around you too. It does definitely at times make one feel alienated and left out of key life moments. Plus I also hear it's healthier to have friends.

Time

April 10, 2023 02:44:08  #1182

I always do have that "ideal group" in mind, but I know it will never come to fruition unless I find the people to build it. Or maybe if it just happens by chance.

I sometimes wonder if my expectations for friends are too high, or I put too much thought into this friends business, or maybe it's the perspective of "oh these friends are nice. But they are not worth the investment of revealing more of myself to them. The risk/reward is not good enough."

Maybe it's just because my kinda personality isn't really compatible for most common friend groups, and it's rare to find one where it does. Maybe its just because im so mature, that sustating a friendship normal for my age group would be unnatural (thats the one id like to think lol) Or once again, maybe I'm just overthinking this stuff, and my idea of a friend is too great.

Dam Galaxian. You have me thinking. You know, now that I think of it, I have a series of thoughts like the once a while. Ones about groups.

Last edited by Time (April 10, 2023 02:46:24)

Time

April 11, 2023 23:49:10  #1183

I ain't going to lie dude

My coloring ability is ABSOLUTE DOO DOO

I need to work on it later.

Time

April 13, 2023 18:46:47  #1184

Thoughts

1. idea
2. reality idea house

Time

April 14, 2023 23:25:48  #1185

Wholey goodness I was about to make another post about ttrpgs thank goodness I stopped myself I don't want to give the idea I'm some big loser nerd or something (I am)

Time

April 15, 2023 22:54:09  #1186

At times I wish I could turn my negativity bias off and on

The elimination of bias is tough

Last edited by Time (April 15, 2023 22:54:27)

Time

April 17, 2023 01:07:26  #1187

Do you guys play gatcha games in public

I am talking to the gatcha players

Time

April 17, 2023 02:50:32  #1188

What is this "public" you speak of

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

April 17, 2023 11:48:41  #1189

Public

Like a Public place like school

Time

April 17, 2023 12:22:59  #1190

or the park

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

April 19, 2023 01:56:02  #1191

My schedule for art improvement says that I should do lineart studies of artists I like

Bro what artists 💀💀💀

There are artists that I do like, yes. But not like, like like, you know? Not enough that I look up to then

Guess I gotta go on an artist search

Time

April 19, 2023 01:56:35  #1192

Actually wait I have a few nvm ig we kinda good

Time

April 19, 2023 19:38:40  #1193

REALLY slow today

Time

April 20, 2023 12:59:26  #1194

I've been in a mental slump for a while now.

I suspect that the starting reason is focusing on "wants for my character as a person" and producing results that I see as less than satisfactory.

I'm noticing it's also snowballing from other more external things. Relatively minor in the whole realm of things, but snowballing. Negetive things that usually linger dormantly more often resurfacing to the front of my brain.

I have a few ideas to help get rid of it. The first and foremost bring that I produce good results!

Time

April 21, 2023 12:31:16  #1195

I like the feeling of exhausted muscles the day after a workout

I see it as that I am exhausting my body, and improving

Time

April 22, 2023 10:54:35  #1196

Where yall at? You guys alive?

Anyways, I just had a moment where I was dreaming and then an alarm woke me up but I heard it in the dream first like in a literal TV show

Time

April 22, 2023 15:23:46  #1197

Time wrote:

Barely

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

April 22, 2023 16:33:57  #1198

Time wrote:

Oh don't worry Time! I'm still alive, kinda. My activity should return to normal soon.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 23, 2023 01:27:01  #1199

Oh cool lol good to hear you guys are still kicking

Time

April 24, 2023 23:56:26  #1200

A bit late in terms of internet age but:

I bet the oldheads did not expect thug shaker central bruh. I am nearly 100% positive that anyone who reported on this story for a news channel or whatever doesn't know what a thug shaker is (If you don't know what it is yourself don't look it up). They be shocked and stuff, but I feel like lotsa young people were kinda not really surprised to hear it.

With the internet age going around now and stuff, I'm starting to think more that young people should be given a little bit more offices to speak for decisions. Like tech savvy people who know what's going on with the net.

Though ofc this is coming from someone who isn't 100% educated on politics and always keeps up with it. I mean, I do have a college class on politics, but still I don't really think I'm super educated.

honestly if the gc got leaked.

Time

Board footera