HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 15, 2022 12:49:09  #871

Re: Time's Boardhost Homethread - Time's Boardhost Homethread

It's seems that during weekdays the place is slow. Which is understandable

Is it just me or has this week been going fast for you guys too?

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

September 15, 2022 13:11:28  #872

no its been dragging by like a chain shackled to the foot of a man burdened by the ever-looming presence of his guilt

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

September 15, 2022 13:46:47  #873

Very cool Eliza, thank you for sharing.

What has been going on with you Eliza?

Time

September 15, 2022 14:47:04  #874

school

I hate it

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

September 15, 2022 18:38:26  #875

Do you wish to detail your feelings?

Time

September 15, 2022 19:14:21  #876

not here

September 15, 2022 20:47:37  #877

Alright then

Time

September 17, 2022 20:01:09  #878

Hm big slow week in general even during weekends then.

Well makes sense, school and all.

Maybe I'll release my characters later on

Time

September 17, 2022 23:21:42  #879

Ok I need to spurt out some thoughts, it's probably not going to be very long but still.

I just finished Cyberpunk Edgerunners. I think it's really good. It does have hyper violent action, naughty scenes, and other graphic stuff. If you're not down for that, then obviously its not a recommend.

But anyways, that's expected for the world of Cyberpunk. All materialistic and depressing. Speaking of depressing, there is plenty of that in the anime. It's very depressing. But once again, it's what is expected out of this universe. It has a... idk if you could even call it bittersweet, it's like, a very neutral ending, imo. Like there's equal amount of happiness and sorrow, maybe even more sorrow.

My only gripe was that it was just so short! I feel like the story they wanted to tell just couldn't fit their timeframe of 10 episodes. Is that a compliment? My only complaint is that there wasn't more!

Also I've always loved the setting and essentially how much life sucks.

I've also always wanted to play the Cyberpunk TTRPG, the game everything is based off of but I feel it will be kinda hard to find players. Plus I'd have to learn the rules/read the rule book, and that might take a while. BUT if I play this ttrpg, I think this one has such a defined tone I'd get people who are on the same "attitude" when they play ttrpgs as I do. Dark, serious, maybe a little funnies, but mostly serious.

Last edited by Time (September 17, 2022 23:23:04)

Time

September 18, 2022 00:51:15  #880

Time wrote:

Speaking of depressing, there is plenty of that in the anime. It's very depressing. But once again, it's what is expected out of this universe.

Adding onto this, I'm glad that most of my predictions were correct based off of what I knew about the universe because I think if I didn't see stuff coming I'd be doubly depressed.

Also soundtrack is very cool I maybe listen if I'm doing any sci fi drawings? Oh, and I loved the characters and character designs as well!

Ughhh why did it have to be so short! That's like the only gripe with it lol! Maybe I go watch it in dub... I hear the dub was actually pretty good.

Last edited by Time (September 18, 2022 01:04:56)

Time

September 19, 2022 10:18:10  #881

Ok time talks about more anime

CSM new trailer tho? The animation? The opening music? 12 ENDING SONGS? Sheeshhhh now that was good stuff.

The op music was not what I expected at all from the show. I expected something wild and metal, but I think the current one still fits. It's fast and wild, just like the source! Since the author of the manga personally picked it, I place my faith in him. Looking forward to the show!

Time

September 19, 2022 20:45:41  #882

test

Last edited by Time (September 19, 2022 21:00:31)

Time

September 19, 2022 21:01:08  #883

test

test
bruh

Time

September 19, 2022 23:34:17  #884

Time wrote:

CSM new trailer tho? The opening music?

I need kickback now

I don't even listen to music but I just need the whole thing

Last edited by Time (September 19, 2022 23:34:29)

Time

September 20, 2022 16:38:26  #885

Why are there so many guests??

Time

September 20, 2022 16:47:10  #886

idk man

September 21, 2022 22:40:08  #887

I wonder if I'm a natural prodigy at something and I don't know.

Or if I ever went to do something I'd never really think to do, I'd be lucky enough in the right place and right time that I'd be picked up and become highly successful.

Last edited by Time (September 21, 2022 22:42:03)

Time

September 23, 2022 11:08:39  #888

Time wrote:

But anyways, that's expected for the world of Cyberpunk. All materialistic and depressing. Speaking of depressing, there is plenty of that in the anime. It's very depressing. But once again, it's what is expected out of this universe. It has a... idk if you could even call it bittersweet, it's like, a very neutral ending, imo. Like there's equal amount of happiness and sorrow, maybe even more sorrow.

Ok I've been thinking on the cyberpunk ending, and I feel what I'm about to say are spoilers so if you're thinking of watching yeah

After thinking on it, I believe that the Edgerunners ending is like, one of the worse outcomes possible for the group. Not a single, "true" dream is fufilled, and characters are left alone and broken. Yes, alive, but broken. But I think framing the ending as a very sad and negative one best fits the world of cyberpunk as a whole. That there are no good endings in this world, that there is no happy endings in Night City. That the only way to "win" against Night City is to leave it behind before it's too late.

Last edited by Time (September 23, 2022 11:09:30)

Time

September 24, 2022 13:13:55  #889

Should I start daily posts again?

I think I should

Time

September 24, 2022 20:59:22  #890

There are so many things that I pick up and I want to remember. Specific phrases specific ideas. But I forget.

I wish I could have like, a mind that can selectively memorize things instantly or something.

I was wondering if I would want to have then an instant forgetting mechanic too, but I don't think so. It's bad to forget.

Time

September 25, 2022 07:42:51  #891

This is why I carry around a sketchbook, so if I get inspiration for something I can jot it down

September 25, 2022 09:04:07  #892

I do the same but with a notebook, so if I get a good idea for writing I can jot down details

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

September 25, 2022 09:48:34  #893

you can do that with a sketchbook too

sketchbooks are just lineless so they're easier to draw on ttoo

September 25, 2022 12:52:16  #894

Oh yeah, I keep multiple google docs for story/character/cool ideas. I've started to organize them out because I just can't keep them all in one list anymore.

But I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about like, life advice I hear and stuff.

Yeah I could write all those down too, but for some reason, it just doesn't feel natural to write down those ideas, for me at least. You know?

Last edited by Time (September 25, 2022 12:53:10)

Time

September 25, 2022 14:25:58  #895

I'm now thinking about stories because you had me think of them. I'm also going to add on a few other random thoughts in this post too.

There are many stories, so when it comes to investing myself in stories, I expect a plentiful return. That usually happens, because when I invest in them, I am aware of and really really like the premise or storytelling or art or whatever features I can learn without spoilers.

It makes me wonder then too, will my own story writing improve if I read more and more stories? Watch more movies? Likely. I'll just collect the things I like to craft my own. In truth, I've never done any serious story writing. Everything is still in my head as concepts.

---------

So, speaking of stories I've invested in and got good returns was Chainsaw Man. I know I've been talking about it for the past few weeks, mostly because I'm looking forward to the anime, but I worry about it at times.

I feel it's kinda like really big hit or miss story. I wonder why. I get it that most of the time, the first few chapters/volumes drive people away because they don't like it's pace or characters or whatever, but still I wonder why.

So when the anime comes out, I hope people give it a second chance for things to develop later on. I'm aware that the levels of hype are so unreal, so I hope people tone down the excpetcations, since it softens the blow for disappointment, but also helps the experience appear greater if it does surpass it.

Time

September 27, 2022 00:28:54  #896

Boom daily post

I really am thinking a lot on stories still. I do have a story in my in mind, but I feel I should try my hand at telling (or at least mapping/planning out) another one beforehand, to learn the reigns and grips first.

Time

September 27, 2022 10:43:39  #897

I sometimes don't want to talk about me and you stuff in conversation. Sometimes I want to debate about random unless topics

Time

September 27, 2022 19:09:21  #898

*useless topics

Like if water is wet, if cereal is soup, or if a hot dog is a sandwich, etc.

All the answers to those three are no, by the way

Time

September 27, 2022 20:16:58  #899

Cereal IS soup though. Cold soup.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

September 27, 2022 21:47:04  #900

A challenger? Come on then.

By soup requires the ingredients of meat or vegetables to produce a "broth". Cereal clearly does not have that.

Last edited by Time (September 27, 2022 21:47:40)

Time

Board footera