HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 21, 2023 22:15:44  #1561

Re: Spec's Thread of Character and Idea Rambles

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

BUT before that if you want something to ask about any of my characters or if you'd like to hear me talk about them just lemme know! I love my OCs and I'm feeling kind of rambly lately so I want to write stuff if you have questions or anything. Or just want to hear random thoughts from me lol

I've been wondering about something. Is it allowed to put reference images along with the forms in the signup thread? I have a feeling it's been done before but I'm too lazy to check rn so yeah that

Reference images? Like drawings? I have done it before and I think other people have too

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

January 26, 2023 20:58:49  #1562

Oooh good to know, I knew someone had done it but I couldn't remember who haha

Anyways just to say I got Abbie's design solidified (I think). I'll share some drawings when I have time, plus a few doodles I've done of my characters too. I may not be the best at designs but I do love my characters :D
Also the Genshin AU has been on my mind ever since I discovered the "lore" behind vision elements. I'll put thought into that, since it's more than just an aesthetic thing.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 7, 2023 18:31:51  #1563

Found some interesting stuff about Dilanne in my notes in the shape of an unpublished writing of her backstory. It was supposed to be written as a fairy tale but I obviously failed in that aspect lol. I'll try to summarize her story when my mind clears up a bit.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 8, 2023 10:34:10  #1564

Ohoho the Domain of Flowers thing is looking to be soooo good, I'm so looking forward to spectating it

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 8, 2023 11:06:04  #1565

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

Found some interesting stuff about Dilanne in my notes in the shape of an unpublished writing of her backstory. It was supposed to be written as a fairy tale but I obviously failed in that aspect lol. I'll try to summarize her story when my mind clears up a bit.

Ngl rereading it the writing isn't that bad but it certainly doesn't fit the vision I had for it originally. Maybe one day I will rewrite it to make into an actual fairy tale format. Th eproblem with that format is that fairytales tend to have very little detail and instead they focus a lot on the series of events, which doesn't sit very well with the story I wanted to share through writing.

Dilanne's story is strongly based off the legend of the Lorelei. So if you know it you can probably imagine kind of what it was like? But in this case it has a little different spin to it. Let me summarize.

Her original birth name was Cordelia and she lived in a seaside village. For reasons unknown, she was given a blessing at birth, which was to have power in her voice. Every time she sang good things and good luck would follow her around, so everyone loved her. As she grew she came to be called the most beautiful girl in the village and her voice's power was so strong by now that people would literally drop anything they were doing just to listen to her singing. Several guys wanted to marry Cordelia but she had love for only one (named Esteban according to my notes) who was a merchant, he always spoke to Cordelia about lands on the other side of the sea that had riches she could only dream of, and said that one day they would both walk there together and start a new life. Although many people were jealous it was all good because Cordelia's happiness meant she had better songs and her village prospered a lot that year.
Not soon after, Esteban had to leave for one final trip across the ocean, and he promised marriage upon his return. Cordelia eagerly waited for several months but nobody returned, and her hope started to die down, and other suitors showed up saying that she'd be better off marrying someone else instead of someone who was probably dead. Obviously, she was loyal to Esteban, and wouldn't do that, but as the months turned into years her loneliness grew to the point in which she didn't want to see anyone anymore. One day a messenger showed up saying that the grup that had set out to trade (the same grouop with Esteban) had met incredible misfortune which ended in everyone perishing and the cargo being lost. Cordelia was struck with grief at that moment and her song turned into something awful, now bringing bad luck and disease and withering life all around. So, while people had previously seen her as a blessing, now they saw her as a curse, and thought they'd be better off without her. They wanted to kill her for the benefit of the village. Then one day that they set out to capture and kill her, Cordelia ran away to the cliffs and jumped off to her death while her village looked on. And then, everyone was happy I guess. 
Technically the story should end there, but the ocean carried off Cordelia's soul to a god who lived in the area, and this god revived her into a siren so they could have her as a servant. The god kept the past life's memories away from Cordelia (who now had no name) and just instead used that opportunity to tell her anything they wanted. And there's the part in which Dilanne's current story starts, and there are more details but they don't belong to this story.

As a fun fact? Esteban wasn't actually dead. He miraculously survived the disaster on his ship and returned to the village a few years later, for he had had trouble with finding a way to return. And when he returned he found out that Cordelia was dead, and nobody knows what happened next. Esteban's fate is unknown but I'm pretty sure he's currently dead because the story takes place "a long time ago" and he was a human.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 8, 2023 11:09:30  #1566

That was the story I wanted to share. What do you guys think?
I like the idea that there are two parts to Dilanne's story. Like I said there are more details regarding her, her memories, and the mysterious god who took her in her service, but they're not part of Cordelia's story. And in any case the details would probably be revealed in the roleplay (if I used Dilanne more). But at some point Dilanne became a pirate and she lives in fear of that specific mysterious god. She became a pirate to go somewhere far away and do things she actually enjoys, so thank you to Blu's Crew for that.

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (February 8, 2023 11:10:11)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 8, 2023 11:19:24  #1567

Also I actually have a wip of a drawing of Cordelia holding Esteban's hand. It might be cool to do a redraw of that now that I've improved lol.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 9, 2023 01:22:16  #1568

First to get my utterly irrelevant comments out of the way, for some reason it's funny to me how you described how Cordelia's singing changed. Idk, I just imagine she started belting out a song when others would have cried and it's hysterical in a kinda traumatic way
I also keep trying to read Esteban's name as the verb estaban and it's lowkey giving me a stroke :')

Anyways, you asked for thoughts on her story, yeah? I think it's interesting. I can see how you wanted it to be more like a fairy tale in how you described the events. Also for some reason certain parts of her story really remind me of Caenis, who would probably spear me for the notion.

Lastly, back to me being horribly unserious again, imagine Dilanne gets mad at anyone and just starts humming in their direction, and a hole opens up underneath them and they fall into the sea. Big power move honestly.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

February 10, 2023 22:10:51  #1569

Tbh you can imagine that as you wish. The way you mention has a dark tone (to mean) in a sort of fairy tale way and I like it lol. 
"Esteban estaba..."

I'm glad the intended style came through! It's strongly based off a couple stories I've read when I was younger, in particular the tale of the Lorelei as I mentioned in my post. That story, in case anyone doesn't know, has similarities to Cordelia's story except that the girl accidentally kills her lover when he was returning home through a river because she called out to him out of happiness and that distracted him so badly that he stopped steering his ship and crashed to death. Then the Lorelei throws herself into the river rocks and is eventually reborn as a "being" who makes sailors in that river crash because of her voice that is supposedly singing sorrow songs. So yes, there was a lot of inspiration taken from that. Except I mostly gave it a spin at the end because the thing about Cordelia killing her lover on accident didn't make much sense when I wanted her to be more related to the sea than to a river, plus the other thing with a that unknown god that I had to put in. Anyways just fun facts. I found that tale to be very tragic when younger me read it.
Haha is the Caenis thing because of the sea god mention? I really tried to go more "fantasy story"-like instead of mythology-like because of... things. Yeah. 

Bruhhhhh lol if she's mad at someone she just teleports them to the ocean via magic song

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 11, 2023 00:55:01  #1570

Turns out Raez is nice for a reason lol
Do you have more long-term plans for Dilanne in-roleplay? I do ask because Blu's crew is very inactive at the moment (oof).

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 12, 2023 22:58:43  #1571

Hehe~

I have at least 1 idea but I need to be sure about it. I had a plan for her way back when I solidified her story (I reread through this thread and even though my posts are vague I can tell when I decided on a lot of stuff I had forgotten) but yes I forgot, so I'm reworking that to make sure it's doable.
That said, it isn't really a plot thing, maybe more of a character plot? But it wouldn't work like that. Irhg t now I have no idea of how to make my ideas connect into something roleplayable, but maybe something will come up in my mind. As of now I just know she's free for threads and interactions.

Ik through the internet it probably doesn't look like I'm doing much lol but I'm reworking a lot of my characters so I can be sure of where th

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 12, 2023 22:59:46  #1572

And does anyone remember what's Bixbite's current status? I know Dalia's and Specters' and with both of them I h ave to work it out but I don't remember anything about Bixbite, who is specifically someone I want to work on so I can use her because she was my first charavter and I'be improved a lot and i watill want to use her in rroleplay

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 13, 2023 01:22:08  #1573

Funny that you mention since I had an idea way back regarding Bixbite that I gave up on
So anyways, I'm pretty sure she got taken back in by Shatter. The last time anyone really saw her was when she temporarily regained control of her body.and was sighted by some others, but I don't really remember too many specifics. Hope that that's accurate and that it helps :')

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 13, 2023 20:00:49  #1574

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

Ik through the internet it probably doesn't look like I'm doing much lol but I'm reworking a lot of my characters so I can be sure of where th

What the heck why did this cut off here
I'll finish the thought later next time I post because this is sort of like an update ig

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 13, 2023 20:01:43  #1575

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Funny that you mention since I had an idea way back regarding Bixbite that I gave up on
So anyways, I'm pretty sure she got taken back in by Shatter. The last time anyone really saw her was when she temporarily regained control of her body.and was sighted by some others, but I don't really remember too many specifics. Hope that that's accurate and that it helps :')

-Galaxian-

I can work with that! I'll figure something out, but thanks for telling me. Vague details are okay.

I'm curious though, what idea did you have?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 13, 2023 20:02:42  #1576

I wish I could use Emmot more bc I really like the concepts I used to create him but there's such a big discrepancy between the way I think of him/his personality and the Emmot I submitted way back when so. I'm not sure how to fix that. 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 14, 2023 01:57:37  #1577

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

I can work with that! I'll figure something out, but thanks for telling me. Vague details are okay.

I'm curious though, what idea did you have?

It's probably best to re-read the thread, though. Wherever it is. It's on the wiki somewhere lol. 
It was just one of those thread ideas that I (justifiably) decided to discard :D which isn't specific at all now that I re-read this lol.
Basically just an idea of Galaxian following up on one of his promises I guess. Yeah. :'D

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 14, 2023 08:20:53  #1578

RIGHT there was a thread! I didn't remember that very well, but I'll check it out next time I postdive. Maybe later today, even, bc lately I'm looking for cues and reminders of my roleplaying things to fix things up. 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 14, 2023 15:22:36  #1579

Scrolling through pinterest I found this and it reminded me too much of Bixbite

The only difference is the eye colors

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 15, 2023 02:58:19  #1580

I can definitely see it as well. It reminds me of her by a lot

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

February 23, 2023 22:51:24  #1581

I'm still thinking 9f what I wanna do with Bixbite. He r og characterizarion was all ovee the place, probs bc the oeiginal Ggad signup thread didnt require a writtwn personaliry in the form and so I just did whatever
I was also not that well versed in rps
Abywayd I wanna use her againm

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 23, 2023 22:52:01  #1582

9mg that post wroiting suclks
I gate this phone lol

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 24, 2023 15:25:38  #1583

The post in my latest thread in which Heaven sends magic signal notificatinos makes me think of her just emmitting pulses of magic in morse code style lol

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 24, 2023 17:55:13  #1584

Does anyone remember the thread with Amande in Goldenrise? The eerie town with "people in it yet without a single soul in the area". 
I made it around late 2021 and I don't really remember why I stopped posting on it, though it's likely I was overwhelemed by some life stuff that happened around that time. 
Anyways I was thinking of perhaps continuing that thread, but there are two main things I worry about. The first is that it's been over a year since anyone last roleplayed in it, and that maybe if I revive it the roleplayers involved won't be able to reintegrate into the thread. The second is that I don't remember 100% of everything I had planned, but rn as I'm writing this post I'm recalling and coming up with things, so maybe it isn't that much of a liability. There's pieces I lack but I feel like they could be filled in with the actions of the other characters in the thread.
On another hand I could just make a new public thread and follow with the original plan I had but I feel like that would be to waste all the setting description and suspense I tried to put in. (And I had fun narrating for Kiaane lol I like narrating settings and it was interesting)

To anyone involved in that thread who may be reading this, were you okay with how that thread was narrated (if you remember it)? I'm not very confident with my thread creation ideas, since I don't want to make it feel like the thread revolves all around my character but instead integrate action for everyone who tries. And that's something that feels so hard for me.
But anyways, would you be interested in restarting that thread once I get my thoughts together? If I get at least a response here I'll personally ask the other participants to see if it can get going again.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 24, 2023 18:31:05  #1585

The post above is mainly @Time @Echo @Galaxian, who were direct participantes in the thread. @Axel posted once and @Eliza said she was trying to pick which character to use, so this may interest you two as well.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 24, 2023 22:00:48  #1586

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

Does anyone remember the thread with Amande in Goldenrise? The eerie town with "people in it yet without a single soul in the area". 
I made it around late 2021 and I don't really remember why I stopped posting on it, though it's likely I was overwhelemed by some life stuff that happened around that time. 
Anyways I was thinking of perhaps continuing that thread, but there are two main things I worry about. The first is that it's been over a year since anyone last roleplayed in it, and that maybe if I revive it the roleplayers involved won't be able to reintegrate into the thread. The second is that I don't remember 100% of everything I had planned, but rn as I'm writing this post I'm recalling and coming up with things, so maybe it isn't that much of a liability. There's pieces I lack but I feel like they could be filled in with the actions of the other characters in the thread.
On another hand I could just make a new public thread and follow with the original plan I had but I feel like that would be to waste all the setting description and suspense I tried to put in. (And I had fun narrating for Kiaane lol I like narrating settings and it was interesting)

To anyone involved in that thread who may be reading this, were you okay with how that thread was narrated (if you remember it)? I'm not very confident with my thread creation ideas, since I don't want to make it feel like the thread revolves all around my character but instead integrate action for everyone who tries. And that's something that feels so hard for me.
But anyways, would you be interested in restarting that thread once I get my thoughts together? If I get at least a response here I'll personally ask the other participants to see if it can get going again.

I don't remember it very well, but I remember really liking it. I don't remember what characters I used (I think maybe Alma and Alois?) But I would totally rejoin if given the chance owo

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

February 25, 2023 01:57:24  #1587

I reread it (since it was short), and it matched with my impressions. Kiaane being Kiaane. I remember the thread made me extremely anxious since they weren't focusing on people at all, which gave me the impression that they weren't acting in a conducive way in relation to the thread.
I'd be okay with continuing the thread in theory, but only with a starting notice that Kiaane probably won't be too much help. Plus logically, I'm not too sure how them being there along with one of Time's mages can affect things, if at all. (Though on their end, I'm pretty sure they're just not really going to notice in the first place. Lol.)
Let me know if I should withdraw from the thread and/or unarchive it!

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 25, 2023 20:51:47  #1588

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

I honestly don't remember it as well, but I am down to do whatever! For the most part, I usually am when it comes to developing GGaD activities.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

February 26, 2023 20:33:06  #1589

Alright guys! I'll let you know when I'm ready to continue the thread, then. I think it'd be helpful for myself if I write some personal guidelines for how I want it to go instead of relying on my memory lol 💀 bc I have a track record of forgetting my ideas.
I really was pleased with everyone's participation (or lack of it. I didn't really mind lol) so I hope that when I continue the narration it'll be fun for all involved. 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 13, 2023 12:29:20  #1590

Did the MBTI test for fun on Germaine and Dion and the results for each were ENFJ and INTJ and hmmm

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

Board footera