HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 26, 2023 17:38:39  #8671

Re: The Idea Fortress πŸ­πŸ‘»πŸ­ Specter's Homethread,

Hmmm this event's challenge quest was a tricky one, but I pulled through haha. Had to raise my points for an extra attack boost.Β Β 
Went with Waver-Euryale-Castoria in the front line and Mash, Gilgamesh, and Andersen on the back row. It was fun, 25 turns on my second try! I didn't quite figure out the gimmicks (bro they seem so random to me, plus there's so many of them) but they just made it all the more fun.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 27, 2023 21:18:21  #8672

I've been thinking all day about what to post, but no luck haha. I'm a little dry with ideas. But I'm progressing with form making.Β 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 27, 2023 21:19:29  #8673

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

I don't think I'll be able to get any of the Crystallized Lores available.

i managed to get one. The higher level nodes give really good point drops so I finished one of the point sets. Will I have time to do the other two? I do not know.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 1, 2023 12:12:35  #8674

Thinking that I probably didn't enjoy LB1 because I was too spoiled on its content
Whereas for LB2 and the rest I'm spoiler-free
Except LB6 I do have spoilers for that one

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 1, 2023 12:13:19  #8675

Remind me to talk later about the Parade of Providence event in Genshin because I am enjoying it way too much and I laughed so hard at Hat Guy and I love Kaveh

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 1, 2023 20:56:40  #8676

Sometimes I wonder if AO3 authors get notifications when you leave kudos on their works.
Because I feel so self-conscious when I find a good author and proceed to leave kudos on all of their works I read in succession, and I don't know, I get kinda embarrassed lol.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 2, 2023 02:20:02  #8677

Oh shoot I forgot to remind you to talk about Parade of Providence. It's kinda late already. Maybe tmrw or next time.

AO3? Ain't that one of those websites with a lot of fanfic?

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

May 2, 2023 18:44:17  #8678

Oooh right, I totally forgot. I'll get right to it after dinner.

Yeah lol I go on AO3 periodically. Usually it helps me calm down when my mind is hyperfocused on one of my fandoms and stuff.Β 
I've gotta say, I've read legit books on there. Like 50+ chapters, or just reaaaally long chapters. I really enjoy reading things with plot when I already know the characters. I'm kinda picky with the fanfiction type I read tho :'D usually it can't deviate too much into headcanon territory, or else I'll just drop the read. But it depends, really. One of the stories I'm currently following updates monthly and another one two times a month, but they're worth the wait. As for what fandoms I read for... :')
And I'm hecking grateful I now know how to use the filter feature when looking for stuff to read.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 2, 2023 21:22:21  #8679

AO3 writers are wild, they'll be studying and moving and working and even then they'll submit a 20k word chapter while apologizing for posting one day later than their usual schedule
I don't know how they do it, they must be superhuman or something, I could never

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 2, 2023 21:42:32  #8680

Okay so! Parade of Providence!Β 
I'm halfway through the event story because I've made a point to play Genshin only on weekends plus one day a week. But, I'm really enjoying the event so far. This is spoilers but I don't think anyone other than Echo is currently up to date with the story so I don't think it's much important.

I haven't finished the story, so I'm puzzling over what the title means. IΒ thinkΒ it might be about Kaveh's luck taking a turn for the better, ashe's said to have horrible luck and he did show that horrible luck at the beginning, but then he got lucky once and that's where I stopped playing. I feel it's interesting the way Kaveh's bad luck is showed, since he's just one unlucky guy but his incredible good will and desire to help others factor in SO MUCH, in contrast to another character named Bennet who was cursed with bad luck at birth. Anyways, poor Kaveh (he's also broke and in debt but no pun intenteded, I'm not Cyno). But I can relate to him in several aspects. I just really like him and I can't wait for Thursday to try to get him as many times as I can.Β 
That's the Kaveh bit since honestly? He's the highlight of this event for me. But I'm extremely happy we get to see all of the Sumeru cast have roles in the event.
Okay, as for story, the Akademiya in Sumeru hosts something like a competition between Darshans, which are sort of like the branches of study it has (Amurta for biology, Haravatat for semiotics, Spantamad for elementalism, Vahumana for aetiology, Kshahrewar for technology, and Rtawahist for illuminationism) and the Darshans choose one representative to compete for them in this event. So we get six characters each representing their Darshan in this competition which is supposed to have three parts.
It's so cool to see the characters use their skills to complete the challenges. Like, the first challenge was that the organizators released cages of butterflies in Sumeru City and the participants had to find 3 special butterflies among them all. Tighnari is from Amurta (biology) and so he uses that knowledge to lay bait to the butterflies and find them, while Kaveh and Faruzan with their knowledge of technology release decoys to attract the butterflies. And things like that. I honestly think that the application of actual character study skills (they're all either graduates or high-level students. After all, the Akademiya is like a super fancy university haha) in the competition is something amazing. Plus the fact that the winner would get funding for their research papers and would gain recognition for lectures and stuff lol.
My thoughts are running a bit dry on the topic atm so I'll pick it up later again, probably when I finish the event or if I feel inspired before that. But I gotta say, so far I've loved the character interactions, and there's been some funny stuff. Hat Guy making an appearance was unexpected and I don't know if I should laugh or if I should cry to find out that he writes academic essays when he's bored XD

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 2, 2023 21:54:38  #8681

Nobody asked but Alhatiham is from Haravatat and he learned like 20 languages before graduating iirc
I always joke with my friend that she should have Alhaitham as a role model for when she graduates.Β 
Kaveh is from Kshahrewar cause he's an architect, but I think I've touched that topic before.

Anyways Alhaitham isn't a participant in the competition but he's a commentator and it's honestly so xD to see his dry and to-the-point manner of speech cause it contrasts so much with how a commentator should actually be lol

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 4, 2023 02:05:40  #8682

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

AO3 writers are wild, they'll be studying and moving and working and even then they'll submit a 20k word chapter while apologizing for posting one day later than their usual schedule
I don't know how they do it, they must be superhuman or something, I could never

1. Why not just try to get some stories published at this point, you know? 50+ chapters, whole novels out there and stuff.
2. I wonder how they get that work in as well. I'd like to learn of such techniques. It would be good to have in an arsenal... my current theory/guess is two things: Either obsession/passion, or a lot of free time. Or a combo of the two. Or maybe outside help too...

Last edited by Time (May 4, 2023 02:06:13)

Time

May 4, 2023 10:50:24  #8683

I think some of them do in fact publish their novels. At least I know of one author who publishes e-books. But I don't know if there's rules about publishing fanfiction outside of the internet? I mean, they're using existing characters that belong to something else.
Yeah I still can't figure that out xD they must beΒ reallyΒ dedicated to their works

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 4, 2023 22:19:28  #8684

Got c1 Kaveh and one Baizhu! I'm really glad but now comes the grind to take them to max level xD I'll happily do it though, plus these two give me opportunities to think up new teams and strategies. oooh, can't wait.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 4, 2023 22:22:14  #8685

On F/GO I've taken the decisiΓ³n to try to save up as much as possible for LB6's release because I know we'll be getting good units then
Mostly I really have my eye on Castoria and/or Oberon, but I think they get rate-up on the second half of the LB release so I hope I have enough time to save up and I also hope that another powerful Servant doesn't show up on rate-up before then because my self control is so fickle I swear

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 4, 2023 22:59:12  #8686

Also I found a new piano track I enjoy
https://youtu.be/ycSk_Rz8PqU
Maybe I can play it or something similar one day. I just love how it's lively yet composed at the same time. Have been playing it on repeat these last days :D

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 5, 2023 21:12:51  #8687

I do enjoy it as well. I've been working on trying to do opitonal playlists for wip characters, I think thist would would fit well with one, so thanks for showing!

Time

May 6, 2023 19:02:50  #8688

YOOO YOU ACTUALLY LISTENED TO IT!!!
Most of the time when I share videos I don't get comments about them so I don't know if people actually watch them or nah xD but fair tbh since my preferences are different from y'all's.
I'm glad you liked it! It's a piece that's been in a my mind ever since I found it on a playlist somewhere. I've grown to love the dark academia aesthetic in music so there's that.Β 
Doing playlists is something I admire people for since it's so hard for me to orgainze stuff, let alone music lol

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 6, 2023 19:08:59  #8689

Mmm stuffed potatoes

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 7, 2023 12:40:46  #8690

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

YOOO YOU ACTUALLY LISTENED TO IT!!!
Most of the time when I share videos I don't get comments about them so I don't know if people actually watch them or nah xD but fair tbh since my preferences are different from y'all's.
I'm glad you liked it! It's a piece that's been in a my mind ever since I found it on a playlist somewhere. I've grown to love the dark academia aesthetic in music so there's that.Β 
Doing playlists is something I admire people for since it's so hard for me to orgainze stuff, let alone music lol

Normally I just listen but don't know what to say because I don't have crazy opinions for music or a prefrence or stuff like that.
I barely even do playlists. I think I'm only doing it for the specific character I was referencing because they're music based. Otherwise, I don't think I could really find any music that fits characters often, unless I accidently stumble upon something.

Time

May 10, 2023 19:31:10  #8691

Ah I see, that's okay too!
Oooh a music-based character? That sounds interesting. And I relate to the last thing you said too, I have such a hard time finding theme songs for my characters xD

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 10, 2023 19:34:12  #8692

I finished the Parade of Providence event in Genshin so I might talk a bit about that later. Plus I have one o the best cutscenes to share.

In F/GO I'm progressing in the Grail Front event but in today's quest Caenis pwned my whole team in a few turns so that's a big R.I.P. I'll try another estrategy next time I try it again once more.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 10, 2023 19:39:10  #8693

In the meanting in my life I kinda. abandoned two or three proyjects because I think I burned myself out on them. Maybe I should be a little more self-indulgent for a bit and just draw whatever my mind wants me to draw. As a way of recovering from the sudden loss of interest I had in a lot of things.
That aside, I think I mentioned before that I'm selling cookies at my uni classes. So far it's going really well. It'd go even better if more people were aware I'm seeling cookies, but with the ones that are buying I'm getting good profits compared to the production cost. It's a fun little "project" in which I'm trying to apply what I've learned about business so far.
Next week we're having exams, I think you call them midterms? I'm feeling more prepared for them this time around than the last ones so we'll see how it goes. I think I have a better handle on the accounting books anyways, i know there's specifically one I'm REALLY good at so let's see how my group members fare.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 10, 2023 23:34:01  #8694

Scratch that last bit, accounting is giving me a literal headache atm
No good if the book I struggle with just happens to be the most important one bc all the information is sourced from there. And I need that info to do my part and jasdghldfkh I can't figure out which number I should use to register the things asfkjgbsdnjgdsfgjdf
Look, I love the organization in accounting, but I don't like doing that one book. I don't even know why it's so hard if in theory it should be simple.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 11, 2023 22:07:37  #8695

once again sobbing bc accounting

I have good team members but why did they all have to be busy this week )))): they say they'll help but they they can't *sad sigh* and I'm losing my mind over aΒ  difference of 29k soles bc I have no idea where it's missing

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 11, 2023 22:08:52  #8696

That aside I've done good progress. I'm just dead tired.Β 
So, on a happier topic, I'm glad I can teach my bro how to play guitar. He has an amazing ear for music so he picks it up quickly, but geez I have to be more patient. Maybe being tired makes me more impatient and angry, but then again I've never been the best at teaching.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 11, 2023 22:09:17  #8697

Also I'm still in love with dark academia playlists

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 11, 2023 22:18:32  #8698

Reading the thread with Francis and Kaori makes me so soft <3

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 11, 2023 23:03:08  #8699

Wait, the active or archived one?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

May 12, 2023 10:05:14  #8700

Why not both?

I meant the active one but I'm gonna go reread the archived one. I love those dudes so much uwu

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

Board footera