HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 8, 2024 12:06:34  #9601

Re: Cosmic Dim. (V. XVIII), You're Correct but You're Not Right

I have two thoughts when it comes to Minos and Aiacos (from SS)
1. Aww sheep cute (I can never see them as anything other than sheep with wool covering both their eyes)
And then I think 
2. Bartholomew would simp

I think the second one is more cursed, honestly.
I will never forgive F/GO. xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

March 8, 2024 12:10:08  #9602

This Camus looks stupidly pretty

Like the proportions are mostly right and dang the red hair and eyes fit so well xD blown away
Idk if it's fanart or from the OG manga but the style looks very OG, so it's either original or an emulation
Really really pretty. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 8, 2024 16:30:36  #9603

Sometimes I randomly remember that Valentine (SS) is probably gay for Rhadamanthys but Rhadamanthys is too busy drinking his water to notice lol

Btw the Specters are so funny because most of their characterisation is just loyalty to Hades, but ngl what benefits does the Lord of the Underworld even provide? Health insurance? 
(Motivations in SS tend to be either the conventional Saint mindset or the unconventional Saint mindset [the wrong one where you act in self-interest], so I guess ironically the Specters have their conventional Specter mindset similar to the conventional Saint mindset and that's it. It's a pity though, I really wanna see why so many of them serve Hades even though they themselves were once humans)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 8, 2024 16:38:00  #9604

I thought more about the sports I enjoy and I've found they tend to be simplistic or just extremely violent
Basketball, golf, soccer (in terms of dribbling for instance) all involve too much precision and skill lol
Meanwhile:

Badminton: Smashing a very easily broken birdie at the ground at all available times
Volleyball: Smashing oneself onto the ground to try to get the ball and get all bruised up for no reason (alternative: smash the ball but I'm not good enough for that yet)
Hacky sack: Keep a thing in the air. When desperate, just punt it
Table tennis: Bullying people through swatting the ball at different angles and off the table corner is very fun
Swimming: Idk I just like water
Bowling: Smash a ball down an aisle and knock things over
Skiing: I like snow
Skating: Falling is hilarious
American football: Pure unbridled violence and a lot of running
Baseball: Whacking a ball and running

So anyways I have a personality. /j

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 8, 2024 17:13:36  #9605

Love how Awakening went from "Is this a date?" to "HOLY HECK THEIR MASTER DIED" and then "oh they fighting now" all within the same section

Ngl I do remember Aphrodite's assassination of Daidalos being really fast but in this game format it's funny how fast he had to step out. lol (btw the dude deserved better, the Silver Saints also shanked hard fr)

why are the Saintia designs in this game so very questionable

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 9, 2024 02:24:29  #9606

Brain said we're not sleeping until we dev 30 characters (I am not exaggerating)
Okay, fine.
I am NOT fine

On the plus side I reinvented a pronoun by accident.
Thim. (they/them + he/him)
(I am not being serious I just am tired)
Yay.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 9, 2024 02:52:55  #9607

Oopsie daisie it seems I have gained the ability to angst more than 10 characters all at once by simply making up a minor detail.
This is amazing, wow, wowww.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 9, 2024 19:33:27  #9608

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Huge long response aside, do you have any favorites? Maybe any recommendations? I'll get to the recommendations within 10 years xD.

No not really lol. I'm still trying to find some sports that I really like and has a stable community in my area to play. For example, I really liked cricket in high school, but nobody played that, so that kinda just died out.

I've been trying some combat sports at college, and they've been fun. But first I think I need to work on just my general body before continuing on with that stuff. Getting more flexible, more strength, more cardio. Work that into my schedule. And when I have a good foundation like that, I can move into sports I want to do.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

March 10, 2024 02:41:56  #9609

I'm not familiar with the differences between cricket and baseball, so now I can ask, do you like baseball too? If not, is there a reason why you like cricket more?
I get the feeling of no one else playing a sport, but I'm kinda crazy and the enthusiasm bounces back at any given opportunity. I do like to keep an inventory of sports I can play by myself though, like hacky sack and uhh swimming ig. 
Laying a good foundation takes a lot of effort and time so I wish you good luck xD. Personally I'm kinda trying to do both at the same time (I'm greedy), but it does feel like a lot of health and muscle building is in diet. Hopefully your diet is flexible and good enough

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 10, 2024 02:44:11  #9610

Narrator: they proceeded to spend the entire Saturday just writing stuff
Saturday rhymes with Sanctuary! (no it doesn't)

I think 30 pages within a day is actually a record for me, considering how much math I had to do and how many characters were involved. (previously I've only written so fervently on like,,, 7 characters max? at once)
I'm either going to regret nothing or everything. (midterms week is coming up, by which I mean it starts tomorrow)

btw @Specter I hope your character has mental health insurance

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 10, 2024 10:54:45  #9611

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I'm not familiar with the differences between cricket and baseball, so now I can ask, do you like baseball too? If not, is there a reason why you like cricket more?
I get the feeling of no one else playing a sport, but I'm kinda crazy and the enthusiasm bounces back at any given opportunity. I do like to keep an inventory of sports I can play by myself though, like hacky sack and uhh swimming ig. 
Laying a good foundation takes a lot of effort and time so I wish you good luck xD. Personally I'm kinda trying to do both at the same time (I'm greedy), but it does feel like a lot of health and muscle building is in diet. Hopefully your diet is flexible and good enough

-Galaxian-

I like cricket more. As to why? Uhhh idk. Maybe because it's more niche or something lol. But probably I like how the game is set up and how it plays out more.

Oh, to add another sport I liked was archery. At some point I dropped it just because of doing other stuff. I could try and pick it up again at my campus because there's an archery club here, but idk. I also sorta was just shooting without a mentor or goal or whatever so I don't think I was improving as much as I wanted to (I mean, I totally could have improved by self study/youtube vids, but I think I was just too lazy at the time).

I used to swim as well. I was ok at it, but I don't think I was too big a fan.

Thank you, I think I will need that luck. I do think I need to focus on fundamentals before branching out. It helps with discipline. Or something idk.

As to my diet, it's pretty ok. I mean, I get a decent amount of fruit, veggies, protein, etc. I don't really calorie count tho. But I think that's usually for the only really serious people, you know? I also do agree that diet makes a huge amount for health. One of my high school teachers was really big on that sorta stuff, so that stuck with me. Hopefully your diet is pretty good as well yeah?

Last edited by Time (March 10, 2024 10:55:14)

Time

March 11, 2024 10:20:22  #9612

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I have two thoughts when it comes to Minos and Aiacos (from SS)
1. Aww sheep cute (I can never see them as anything other than sheep with wool covering both their eyes)
And then I think 
2. Bartholomew would simp

and on number 2, doesn't Bartholomew like it when it's just one eye covered? (but iirc there's a voiceline about Kotarou so I'm not 100% about this)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 11, 2024 14:57:04  #9613

@Time - I see, I'm gonna have to try it sometime then. I saw some guys throwing football half an hour ago but I needed to eat lunch lol.
The part on swimming is fair. My favorite way of swimming is actually the doggie paddle. I learned it from a doggo in a hot tub before I learned anything else. Their owners found it really funny lol. (And then I like the frog style/breaststroke kick) But mostly I just like being in water, and doing backflips, and also the buoyancy is super fun to me lol. 

Diet-wise there is a not-so-subtle complaint behind all my words on the topic, but I'm glad you have a good diet :D. I'm gonna have to focus on it when I get back home for the summer because uh it is not good, everything here is fast food and yeah, 100 thousand complaints here omitted.
Don't calorie count, it's not worth it. But then again, I'm the sort of person who can't map out my daily schedule so,,, idk, I think the calorie counting is counter-intuitive tho, it's all about the long-term diet and exercise regimen. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 11, 2024 14:59:27  #9614

@Specter - unfortunately he likes it both ways (one eye and both eyes covered). I say unfortunately because I've checked so many times that I just know it now.
On a challenge to see when the Three Judges of Hell will personally pwn me.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 11, 2024 15:13:18  #9615

My voice keeps changing every class so it's funny because I can see my professors recoil a bit from the whiplash of remembering my voice from a previous class and then hearing it drop like 3 notches

Btw it turns out that one professor is just awkward when it comes to me lol. I watch him with others and he's fine, kinda awkward but fine. And then with me he has both hands tucked into his pockets and he constantly wants to leave. He doesn't dislike me though so,,, xD (in this case he even approached me first, but then he immediately wanted to leave so lol)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 11, 2024 15:46:58  #9616

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

The part on swimming is fair. My favorite way of swimming is actually the doggie paddle. I learned it from a doggo in a hot tub before I learned anything else. Their owners found it really funny lol. (And then I like the frog style/breaststroke kick) But mostly I just like being in water, and doing backflips, and also the buoyancy is super fun to me lol. 

Diet-wise there is a not-so-subtle complaint behind all my words on the topic, but I'm glad you have a good diet :D. I'm gonna have to focus on it when I get back home for the summer because uh it is not good, everything here is fast food and yeah, 100 thousand complaints here omitted.
Don't calorie count, it's not worth it. But then again, I'm the sort of person who can't map out my daily schedule so,,, idk, I think the calorie counting is counter-intuitive tho, it's all about the long-term diet and exercise regimen. 

I think it wasn't my thing because I like breathing

Yeah, luckily for me the food hall here provides a wide range of stuff to eat. Otherwise I probably wouldn't be able to prosper as much in terms of diet.

Oh yeah no don't worry I personally wouldn't do that sorta stuff. That's too mathy for me. Plus once again, I feel that's for other people who are really really into it and stuff. As I said, I need to work on properly adding stuff into my schedule and building fundamentals before doing intensifying things anyways.

Time

March 12, 2024 21:47:51  #9617

Funny hecking way of putting it xD I guess that means I like choking on slightly feces-infested liquid? 
I personally love the way I look at strength training. (I become stronger so I can whack things harder)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 12, 2024 21:53:51  #9618

Squash so fun (I should have been doing homework or studying but no)
Unfortunately in exchange I sacrificed biking and weight-lifting but it's fine, both of those are painful anyways (plus I can do biking tomorrow)
Thursday I have another midterm and I sorely need the motivation to read stuff. Instead I am just reading Maus for the first time

Btw I find it funny how critics will never agree with each other. You'd think that means I don't like reading reviews, but I do, I find them funny. At least most of the time.
Specifically for Maus ig it's censored for the content it covers, but honestly with a lot of the crimes against humanity being described in words (even though obviously the artistic contrast/black and white give a further layer to that horror), I can't see why it is. Censorship is always a weird thing. I can see where they're coming from and know how hard it is to objectively measure when children might be ready to hear something (I personally got traumatised badly by the Cambodian genocide when others had no response whatsoever from what I could tell), but I don't see why anyone can see covering their ears up with their hands as being beneficial in the long-term. Limits are important but they shouldn't be set for so long, and always by people who think they know better. 

Unrelated to Maus, "He tries to kill her by bouncing her off the stairs" is unfortunately an extremely hysterical sentence
It's kinda similar to "She tries to kill him by warming his bath with a toaster"

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 12, 2024 22:01:39  #9619

Apparently there's a thing called "COVID arm" where basically your skin still reacts to the COVID-19 shot(s) after received them

I'm kinda just weirded out because I have two of them near the same spot and it's been like,,, idk 1-2 years. 
Like @body please just move on, whyy. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 12, 2024 22:18:19  #9620

I wanna hug a seal
I wanna hug a seal so bad

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 12, 2024 22:35:43  #9621

Idk I'm kinda like "Bro. Bro it's a comparison/analogy/metaphor. It's not gonna be perfect. Bro"
But then I do the same thing xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 13, 2024 19:57:06  #9622

Got murdered by fake wasabi
In its defence I am extremely uncultured (this is the first time I am eating overexpensive sushi...though sushi in general probably tends to be overpriced so. Thumbs up to my school ig) and I didn't know it was
Y'know this is the problem with me seeing some green glop and thinking "oh it is in the tray so it should go in my mouth right now I have no other thoughts now BLEGH"
Ig I learned something new though. Now if I hate someone I can just buy some overpriced sushi from my university and put this green gloop in someone's sandwich. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 15, 2024 00:10:51  #9623

I don't think the SS brainrot will ever go away lol

Mentioning randomly that I really love what Saintia Sho did in that one Saga vs. Aiolia fight where Saga turns a thousand-year arm-wrestling match into "now I can Galaxian Explosion you in the face and you won't be able to dodge me." It's lowkey an extremely genius move. I mean the Thousand Year War apparently just means Gold Saints can't win against each other in terms of arm strength, techniques are barely involved. 
I think for me there's just something about evil Saga and his stupid evil face combined with the stupidly genius move of him turning double arm-wrestling into the signature crossed-arms-over-head posture of Galaxian Explosion and pwning Aiolia at close range idk
also it shows he would've won the arm wrestling anyways. Apparently. I'm not surprised though, Aiolia tied with Shaka the temple sitter-downer (/j Aiolia I love you thank you for coming of your own accord please don't leave)

-Galaxian- 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 15, 2024 00:15:24  #9624

Awakening filling in the plot hole of what-the-heck-was-good-Saga doing.
The answer? Nothing, the dude apparently goes around burying treasure and then making maps for randoms to find and get materials out of. I am still flabbergasted over this. I get like 3-5 maps a day. The dude does nothing other than burying treasure chests with fragments of stuff. Honestly how did Sanctuary/the Earth even last 13 years
(joking again, please do not Galaxian Explosion my face) though evil Saga would probably agree with me on his good counterpart. ngl our methods are extremely similar, my gameplay style is the equivalent of getting up close and personal and hurling the fabric of reality at them or whatever the heck Galaxian Explosion translates to

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 15, 2024 00:17:00  #9625

Y'know reject humanity, return to monke? This phase is basically my equivalent of throwing away complex character/plot development away and returning to the premise of beating the heck out of your enemies (and getting the snot beat out of you in the process...probably) through weirdly overpowered techniques in the name of global justice and peace
You can't call my morals grey in the face of incredible justice-serving violence.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 15, 2024 00:25:47  #9626

Evil Saga: (*exists*)
Me: (*taking out a hammer*) What's wrong with you
Good Saga: (*also exists*) 
Me: (*knocks him on the head somewhat gently*) What's wrong with you

Alternatively--
Me, to Canon Camus (Sanctuary Arc): What is wrong with you (*pats all iterations of Milo on the head*) not you you're fine (*points at SoG Camus*) huh?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 16, 2024 00:23:35  #9627

2000 words omitted later, just know that uhh I am so stuck in SS brainrot that I cannot speak properly. As in, IRL too, but my writing is particularly bad [or at least bad in a way that's extremely obvious to me], and usually I'm actually more coherent after midnight, so that's clearly a problem.
I can't really respond to messages and posts coherently so yeah, I'm probably gonna go a bit inactive. Out of shame.
Alternatively, you can think of it as me avoiding some shame. Not that I have been avoiding much shame (*doesn't scroll up*) but hey, that's just the way it be with me sometimes. 

I might be back tomorrow after getting some sleep. For some reason I've found myself just tired almost constantly even though I get enough sleep most nights. (Technically I get at least 7 hours every night nowadays. I really do not know what is up with me)
You know the rule lol, announce inactivity just to immediately rescind on your own announcement. Just usual forumer stuff(?). I haven't been too active to begin with, but I've been trying to be more social IRL and stuff while not falling behind on academics. Occasionally I think of old friends and doubt myself and overthink on the friendships I have now, but I'm getting better there too, hopefully. 
Anyways, that's enough with the overuse of parentheticals for now, I'm outta here xD. Have a good rest of your day and take care of yourselves as always.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 24, 2024 00:20:52  #9628

Galaxian speedruns the challenge "can they draw at least 9 more characters accurately or will they ruin their entire academic endeavour first"

need to work on a lab report, but noo my brain says cool armour.
my bad for forgetting that SS armour is both the joy and bane of my existence

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 24, 2024 01:46:23  #9629

It turns out that learning Spanish really comes in handy because the Spanish comments roast Camus too.
All these years I've been wondering if I missed the message with him (look I get what the author was going for, but from my perspective the dude is just weird and I make fun of him), but finally, finally, people get it.

Learn Spanish to learn more about others' cultures and languages: Nah
Learn Spanish to roast this one French dude: YES 

In seriousness I really do get what they were going for, and ik a lot of the Gold Saint stuff just doesn't make too much sense, and I know that Camus was literally a kid himself when he took in Isaac and Hyoga (even younger in the anime if you wanna put the Crystal Saint in as a variable,,, ngl he looks older than Camus though lol). I also get the thematic relevance, but pleaseeee, I don't see any other disciple turning out as messed up, and some of the masters are even younger than Camus (Shun's master is 19 in both the manga and anime and training some 14 year olds who were probably around 5-6 at the time, so he was like 10-11). Ikki got a really bad draw too and even he just went through a slight emo phase with the Black Saints and all. Meanwhile you have Isaac and Hyoga literally toppling on the edge. They have Issues. I will punt them both to therapy along with Ikki.

Oh yeah the other day I got pwned by a scene in the anime real bad. Now I really need to rewatch the Hades Chapter: Sanctuary at least. Gonna run off the brainrot only for now though before the yearning to watch the series turns into "read and watch everything in existence".

Most of the start is just me going, "What is wrong with you, Shion??"
Look, if the Sanctuary had a better hecking information system to convey stuff to Athena, the entire arc could be excluded. Not to say she would read what was left to her, since apparently between the OG Sanctuary Arc and the Hades one the Sanctuary does not change at all. Yeah I recognise she had to fight 2 Holy Wars (or 1 if you disregard the Asgard Arc...though that doesn't really count since then you'd have to include the movies and uhh), but otherwise apparently she just hangs out with people or something. 
Anyways I'm just fuming because I like Mu. Ngl though, I kinda died when Shion kinda just let Deathmask and Aphrodite suck (they attacked a wall). Also when he threw that rock or something but since he has a big ol hoodie on it looks like it catapulted from his eye. I literally started choking. 
I had a little bit of a stroke trying not to laugh because my brain was translating the part where Mu was making up his mind to defy his master as repressing the trauma of numerous time-outs as a kid though.

Btw even though most of the brainrot is for SS I'm also partially remembering Rokka no Yuusha and how much I like the weird cat guy there (Hans)
"Bartholomew would simp" NOOOOO
Idk ig there's something about a weird cat-like assassin who's really good at fighting but also is quite smart. Also I really like his dynamic with Adlet (the protagonist), partnership/friendship 10/10. 
I think the story was pretty entertaining in the anime. I realise now that it was kinda anime Among Us. 

Back to SS, I've been looking at a lot of Shura images and remembering how that one weird pinkie-raising gesture he does in the Sanctuary Arc apparently triggers the gaydar of everyone Chinese. (Yes, including me. Okay but look the dude is not straight. Idk what he is but he is not straight, that single gesture determines that. /hj) 
I do think it's kinda funny that he's in two trios (first one is with Deathmask and Aphrodite, second one is with Camus and Saga) but everyone is closer with someone else. Maybe he's kinda close with Camus (at least as SoG goes, and yes I do like the detail) but the dude is kinda just alone and it fits my conceptions of his character.
Shura is interesting. He's so confusing, but there's so much potential in his character. I remember younger me being adamant that he had Issues. But then again, everyone has issues. (Milo being designated as Mentally Ill in the Villains WIki lol) (me realising maybe I have an issue too between him and Run...again [no this isn't a recent realisation I realised it when I started liking Run all those years ago]) 
I also feel like, ironically, the older I get, the more I realise that Deathmask as a character was pretty morally grey despite how obvious his defeat seemed. Excluding in Saintia Sho where he burns down a school (which ngl is very him), his thing is kinda that he would nuke innocents along with his targets if he were ordered on a mission, which...turns out to be pretty realistic. 
Oh yeah, and he tries to snipe a teenage guy's girlfriend. Idk how he thought he could get away with that. But technically speaking I could see someone arguing that she was interfering with their fight. (I'm joking, she literally just wanted the best for Shiryu and Deathmask was like "this girl hella annoying let me send her off that cliff")

Me: (*says I love the Gold Saints*)
Also me when Deathmask and Aphrodite get pwned: Whoops bye guys 

I love them to varying degrees. All of them are funny though, some funnier than others.
More Aldebaran content WHEN. (I can't get the thought of his previous name being Tiago out of my head) (I have no idea if it's canon or not)

Oh yeah I found out in SoG not only does Surtr live (which kinda makes sense...ig) so does the bastard Hercules. Like okay ig Aldebaran is sweet but also, WHY. The dude was about to sideswipe some civilians on purpose. 
(I don't know if Surtr's name is Surtr or Surt lol)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 24, 2024 01:56:02  #9630

gay

the cutest little warcrimer (I think Shura action poses are either so cool or so funny)
(He also introduced me to the cursed fact that apparently Saints wear bottom onesies [where their pants cover their feet] I hate this so much)

the cutest little bullying target <3

(I was looking for this one) sir why?

I feel like this one could become a meme format. Just draw some character being thrown in the air and somehow combine it with this. The reason I think it could be a format is because I can hear the scream.

Canon's most 10-year-old ever (I still don't have comparable biseps. Shame on me)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera