GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 6, 2020 22:58:14  #91

Re: (@Time, Spec, Tere) Let's murder a deity haha

Oblivion's hourglass eyes slightly widened at the sight of the storm of ice plummeting to him. There were too many, too large to block them all with void portals.

Still, he activated as many as he could to shield himself from the ice. For the remainder of the storm, he weaved and dodged and spun away from Echo as icicle rained around him, however, he wasn't able to dodge them all, plenty cut and nicked him on the arms and legs, he seemingly gritted in pain. One stuck right through his lower leg, a smaller one in his shoulder, and one .through his side. But it didn't stop him.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

June 6, 2020 23:51:13  #92

Echo watched silently, but slowly she started to crumple back to the ground in pain. She now laid on her side again, staring off at the snow. Her vision blurred, but Echo felt nothing but a terribly cold hollowness and a biting pain in her gut. She wanted to continue to fight, to get up, but her body refused to move. She stared at the snow as soft flakes danced around her vision, as for a moment Echo blocked out everything else but the glittering white. A soft ache started to fill in Echo's chest, but Echo ignored the new emotions. Fear and sadness...

Echo wasn't that smart, but she knew that she wasn't going to live after this. But... Echo ignored the feelings she was feeling from that knowledge. She wanted to feel nothing, to grasp onto the shallow nothing, even as it was bitter and cold.

Echo waited. She wouldn't be able to fight back after this... her body had now stopped even though her mind remained. All there was to do was wait for Oblivion to just end it. Echo knew this. The goddess forced herself to stay awake, although her body was tired and crying for sleep. She stared and stared, watching Oblivion and snowflakes as she laid on the ground...

She felt another presence far away, but it was too far for Echo to want to acknowledge.

So, Echo waited for Oblivion to kill her, nothing but an empty, harshly cold void settling as her emotion.

(Here is yet another overly dramatic POV lol)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

June 7, 2020 00:29:07  #93

((Bruh this kinda sad ngl))

Oblivion coughed a bit, sniffled and rubbed his nose with his good arm, and then limped over to Echo, "Anything you wanna say?" He asked, "Maybe say goodbye." He flexed his fingers, shadows slowly creeping on his hands.

Time

June 7, 2020 06:41:06  #94

Echo only stared up at Oblivion with those cold blue eyes.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 7, 2020 15:50:52  #95

Oblivion simply stared back and plunged his blade into Echo's heart. 

Time

June 7, 2020 15:54:31  #96

((F in the chat for GGaD!Echo.))

Specter
Never mind the rising light
There's no sign of day or dawning
In my heart it's still the night
And we'll stay up the morning!

June 7, 2020 18:23:24  #97

(F)

Echo was still, not even a flinch. She just let it happen, accepted it, and waited. Yes, it was painful, but Echo was used to being in pain. Echo closed her eyes, almost looking peaceful, but if you studied her face quite carefully, you would notice a slight melancholy expression had surfaced. Maybe it was worry, worry and saddness from all of this, maybe worry and saddness towards Germaine. Guilt...Guilt for being selfish in all this, for not following to what Germaine had told her to do, and for wanting to kill Oblivion. In the end, Echo only made everything worst... she was good at that. Make everything worst then either feel sorry for herself or for everybody else around her. This time, Echo failed, but Echo accepted this fate, accepted death, and although in pain, she didn't scream when Oblivion gave the final wound. Echo let herself relax, and then she went to sleep.

Echo looked peaceful, snowflakes scattered in her dark hair and on her face. Soon enough, the remaining emotions drained from her expression and died along with her. At last, Echo stopped breathing, and she was gone.

Rose petals, beautiful red petals started to swirl around in the air around everybody. There was the sound of softening footsteps that receded to a stop. More petals took flight along with full grown, wonderful roses, the smell of the flowers wafting around.

Alma was crying upon the realization that he was too late, not quite fast enough to stop Oblivion. Tears fell from his eyes as he threw his leather jacket to the side, cold air making a chill go down his spine. He didn't hate Oblivion, he didn't have hate at all. He wasn't made to be able to feel hate, but he wasn't going to let anything else happen.

"...Step away from her. Leave," Alma sighed, taking out his pocket knife, putting the tip against his own arm, near his shoulder. The metal was freezing cold as well, another chill went through his body from the touch of it. Alma wasn't used to this cold weather, and his black tank top wasn't much warm, but his defensive and offensive abilities didn't give him much a choice if he had to use them.

"I'm not here to fight, and I would rather not do so. You've kill enough today, Oblivion."

The wind was a gossip, sometimes helpful, which is why Alma was here. It decided to speak up about the two deities fighting, and Alma already knew that it wouldn't be good... but... he wasn't expecting to see Echo's lifeless body on the ground and Germaine to be passed out over yonder. Alma already quickly decided to take Germaine and Echo somewhere else so he could wake up Germaine and do something about Echo... He wasn't sure what he could do other than hold a funeral for the teen deity, but he needed to bring both of them away from Oblivion. Of course, Alma was a bit unprepared for this, but he was also in a rush so it couldn't be helped. Alma felt slightly sick, grief taking it's place, but he didn't have time to mourn. He needed to help and stop another death from happening, and Alma was going to do so.

Alma's eye had tinted into a stunning bright pink, and he looked to be prepared for whatever Oblivion would do. He looked serious, stern even, but there was no mistaking the great saddness in his visible eye. There was also no mistaking that there was more to Alma than his pretty looks, and that pocket knife was certainly aimed to make a self-infliction in his arm, suspiciously. Whatever Oblivion was about to do, it was certain that Alma had already made a choice to counter and balance Oblivion's action out.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 7, 2020 18:51:14  #98

Oblivion watched as Echo died, and when it was finally over, he unsheathed his blade, and let it slowly dissipate into the wind.

To be honest, he was really expecting something more from killing a deity, someone of his own kind... well, if one considered corrupted deities and their counterparts to be the same. But he didn't feel too much, just an itch, same with killing all others. That it might've not been enough, that he wished there was more. Just something, anything really.

He stood in place until he heard Alma's voice, he then rose his head and slowly turned to face the other.

"Aren't you and Echo close allies or something?" He asked, "It's must be a shame, really." He said, "You must have much restraint to not attack me from the behind, or where I still stand." He grabbed the icicle in his shoulder, and with a wince, yanked it out. Though no blood spurted out,  "I would think you would be here for a duel."

Time

June 7, 2020 19:41:28  #99

"We were like family," Alma corrected. "I don't appriciate a family member being killed, but... I cannot hate you. I refuse to hate anybody and grant them the satisfactory of being hated. I don't wish a fight, but I want you to leave. You have done enough today, I believe. At least have some dignity to let me bury a family member and take a survivor. There are better things for you to do." Alma looked up and down at Oblivion, taking notes of his injuries.

"It would be shameful for you to fight wounded."

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 7, 2020 22:56:06  #100

"Better things for me to do?" He placed his hand to his chin, "How would you know that?"

Time

June 7, 2020 23:05:34  #101

"There is always something better to do than killing," Alma said, keeping his eyes on the deity closely, watching for any hint of an attack. "That's how I know."

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 7, 2020 23:52:10  #102

"Really? Really?" He asked, "But what? But what??" he clenched and unclenched his fist on his good arm. Shadow particles starting to slowly come to him.

Time

June 8, 2020 01:11:09  #103

Alma breathed slowly, then said, "What you should do is rest and rethink this whole killing thing over. All you do is waste the time of your life away by taking away everyone else's lives. That's... sad, to do so." Alma was slowly walking towards Germaine's direction, his pink eyes still on Oblivion and his knife still pressed on his arm.

"It's saddening to know that you wasted precious time in your life just to end another... such beauty of life wasted and rotted now... for both of you."

Alma was now going to ramble, make it seem like he was going to lead the conversation somewhere when in reality the sentences would be reworded and repeated until there would be confusion or a new topic appeared.

"Eventually we will all rot away like leaves in the fall, but what purpose and reward is there to bring the season faster? Why not enjoy the delight of the leaves and greenery instead of wasting your life with unrealistic plastic all around?"

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 8, 2020 12:46:17  #104

"...Are you telling me that my pursuit? My way? Is useless? Is pointless?" his voice tremored.

He yanked out the ice in his side and tossed it to the snow, which landed in front of Alma.

"That sounds like something I should kill you for. Don't you think?" He smiled as his shadow blade reappeared, "You'll be with your family."

Time

June 8, 2020 13:53:10  #105

Alma ignored the last part of the comment. Yes, he had multiple family members dead, but it wasn't his time to go. Not yet.

"I'm saying that you're going to regret your wasteful actions someday," Alma spoke slowly, trying to pick words. He wasn't doing very good, and Alma was most definatly sure of it. He slowly made a deep cut in his arm, flicking some of his blood to the ground. He switched hands and did the same thing to the other arm, but even slower.

"You're going to end up at the start, but you'll be alone and worst than you started off. I don't know exactly why you do this..."

Yeah, the wind decided to not give him much of information on Oblivion, so Alma had to play a guessing game.

"...But it's going to hurt you someday."

His eyes flicked over to Echo for a second, already knowing why she had attempted to fight Oblivion. This time, though, her actions turned on her, didn't it?

Alma breathed in slowly, controlling his breathing as he flicked more of his blood on the ground. He was near Germaine now, but he had stopped. He was close enough to flick some droplets in front of her, which he did, and then he started to move away, still taking slow steps.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 8, 2020 14:56:22  #106

Alma's effort would certainly be appreciated. However, it seems that he doesn't need to do much today.
Right as he began to move away, Germaine just disappeared. Vanished. Gone.

Huh.
Well, just don't worry about it, I guess.

Specter

June 8, 2020 16:01:38  #107

((What happened with Germaine?))

"Are you really going to fight me?" He asked, "You realize you're going to die? Don't you?" He stared at the blood drops, and back up to Alma. Oblivion decided to activate the umbraspears on his back again.

Time

June 8, 2020 16:16:49  #108

((She's fine, dw. Just leave her be.))

Specter

June 8, 2020 16:50:02  #109

((Where did she go doe?))

Time

June 8, 2020 16:50:19  #110

"I don't want to fight," Alma said, spreading some more blood. "Just leave so I can take her corpse, or at least back up and leave us be."

Alma put his pocket knife away after making a few more cuts. He noted that Germaine vanished, and he felt a bit relieved. Controlling multiple vines at once to carry them takes a lot of focus, and Alma had a feeling that Oblivion wasn't going to make any of this easy. Rose Man guessed that Germaine teleported, but he also wasn't fully sure of any of her abilities. He hoped she would be alright.

Alma slowly made his way to Echo, speaking as he did. He took his eyes off of Oblivion to stare at the deity, a painful emotion in his chest as he saw the wounds and sleeping expression. Tears fell again, but Alma was able to keep his voice steady and calm.

"I just hope you will think about all this and your goals. Possibly, you will find a better option for your goals, whatever they are."

He continued towards Echo, a low hum in his throat as thick, thornless vines coiled from the ground to help carry the deity. He didn't seem to be in a position to attack or even fight Oblivion. He didn't want to fight at all.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 8, 2020 21:41:12  #111

Oblivion wanted to stab and tear at Alma, but something made him stay in place so he just stared.

((Dw, he's still gonna attack))

Time

June 8, 2020 22:20:09  #112

(Yay lol)

Alma controlled the vines to safely lift Echo up, secure and gentle. He continued to hum to himself, or possibly to Echo as well as he did this. He glanced back at Oblivion, then back at Echo. He paused his humming for a moment to speak as he moved with the deity, keeping in mind that the vines could only grow for a little over a mile, which he would have to eventually switch Echo over to new vines.

"Go take care of yourself and wash your wounds, unless you're looking to get infected. Rest a while."

Alma shrugged, then added a soft comment just loud enough for Oblivion to hear clearly.

"A rose cannot flourish in bad conditions, just like us. We need proper care to grow; we must grow to continue."

He went back to humming and walking away from Oblivion, mentally trying to figure out what to do next. Possibly find Germaine, see if she is alright... But he also needed to do something about Echo...

Surely, there must be a way to bring her back... There must be a way to bring Echo back...

Or was Alma just trying to believe in something not fully possible? Lives just.... lives can't just be manipulated like that... right? Alma didn't want to get his own hopes up.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 8, 2020 23:48:02  #113

Alma's last comment to him as he was walking away seemed to snap him out of staring, and when Alma was walking away (and possibly her back to him), he decided to thrust a umbraspear for Alma's back.

Time

June 9, 2020 00:04:55  #114

Thick vines with large thorns shot out from the self-inflicted wounds in Alma's arms, rose petals suddenly bursting into the air as the vines blocked the spear and caught it. The vines dropped the spear's tip into the ground. It seemed the umbraspear only barely made a scratch in the vines. Alma continued to walk, but his humming became louder in a slight upset way. More thorny vines popped up from the ground behind Alma and raised like aggressive snakes, curving and rocking back and forth. The vines didn't move to attack, though, but rather were more like a barrier.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 9, 2020 11:04:48  #115

Oblivion advanced a few steps and sent another umbraspear to tare through the vines.

Time

June 9, 2020 14:30:07  #116

It went through one vine, a weaker one, but was stopped from going further than that from another vine. When the spear did go through, it was noticable that Alma flinched, which also made the vines start to lunge foward, but stop abruptly, like they were forced to stop.

Alma spoke up, turning his head slightly to look at Oblivion with his visble eye,  "I can't control these vines completely, and they react to both my pain and emotions more than my actual control. The farther I get, the more control I loose, and they will try to hurt you if you keep trying to hurt me. I think I should warn you. You're already injured enough."

His voice wasn't mocking; it wasn't a "I'm better and stronger than you" tone. It was more of a caring tone, as if Alma was truly warning Oblivion about how the vines could react. It was a tone that truly wanted Oblivion to stop and rest. This man was weird. Even after Oblivion killed someone he was close to, Alma didn't seem to hold any real hostility towards Oblivion, going as far as to warn Oblivion.

Alma turned his head again, going back to his humming and walking.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 9, 2020 20:16:06  #117

"Oh, you want me to leave? Leave you? Only to come back and kill you later?" Oblivion asks.

He sends his last umbraspear for Alma as the other two returned. He made sure this one was more powered and able to break through more vines.

Time

June 9, 2020 20:35:29  #118

The spear broke through some of the vines, and Alma slightly gasped. But, before the spear could hit him, he took a sudden and quick step aside, moving Echo along with him. More vines regrew in place of the broken ones, looking stronger than before. They did the thing of lunging foward but stopping again, swaying and curving like snakes, now seeming ready to strike at Oblivion. Alma looked tired and slightly worried when he noticed.

"No, I want you to go leave and rest. No killing involved. You have too much blood on your hands already."

Alma looked away and continued his walking, silently praying for some kind of miracle.

Behind Oblivion, there was vines silently creeping foward to wrap around Oblivion's legs and arms.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 9, 2020 23:25:16  #119

"What's wrong with adding another to the count?" He asked, "There's already so many."

He fired the two umbraspears that returned to him like a cannon, and as hard as the other two. Keeping a constant onslaught on Alma's vines as the other umbraspear returned.

Time

June 15, 2020 15:20:33  #120

The vines would curl and break but new ones kept growing in place, stronger and faster. One of the spears made it past and left a small cut on Alma's arm while breaking a vine attached to him, but Alma continued foward, humming to himself.

The vines behind Oblivion suddenly sprung forward to wrap around his ankles and wrists, snow bursting up into the air from the movements.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

Board footera