HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 24, 2024 13:17:12  #1

I got an oc. Now what do I do with him? SpaceBird's planning thread.

ok, So my oc/boardhost identity got accepted. I just need a way to introduce him to everyone

It is I SpaceBird! (aka Element)
Its been a while
Space, Bird, or Space bird! (Or, if you remeber me, Element!)

January 24, 2024 13:37:35  #2

Re: I got an oc. Now what do I do with him? SpaceBird's planning thread.

Congrats!
I’ve yet to actually introduce mines I think

Maybe we could do a rp with all our ocs as like a big chat room?
But for ocs

If everyone agree of course

they/them
you can call me Vio
too lazy to put something here
sun and moon brainrot 

January 24, 2024 20:11:12  #3

I would be up for it. Just need permission form the mods and whatnot i think.

It is I SpaceBird! (aka Element)
Its been a while
Space, Bird, or Space bird! (Or, if you remeber me, Element!)

January 24, 2024 23:56:38  #4

Wait what exactly do you need permission for, you say?

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

January 25, 2024 08:25:18  #5

Making a chat room for rp with all our characters!

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 25, 2024 12:57:59  #6

I'm not sure what an rp chatroom would be like since I don't know that a lot of characters have phones here (maybe they do idk) and I doubt they'd have each other as contacts, but maybe you're imagining it in a different way than I am.
Anyways, ofc you're free to do whatever you like, but I would suggest making a thread with a party/event or a strange happening to intro your character. Try to think of something in which other people's characters characters might be interested and want to investigate or join. It's kind of the thing I'm used to, lol. Maybe it's too classic-y. 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 25, 2024 18:33:51  #7

I personally was thinking more of a place they somehow all ended up in
Like a weird portal transported them into some in between realm since most ocs are not from the same dimension/world etc

But it’s bird’s choice for that

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

January 25, 2024 21:22:29  #8

Yeah, like Specter said, the GGaD forum is probably more used to the premise they described. Rather than being from various dimensions, it's more common for different characters to frequent different Sects (Medieval, Modern, and Cyber), and from what I recall, characters from all the different Sects usually only congregate in weird occasions. For instance, when the WoFMB closed, I remember a bunch of characters coming together in threads to say goodbyes. 
...but congregating together in the same place in the same Sect isn't all that logical either (that's what usually happens lol), so if you describe the setting, I'd say go for it. That is, as long as the roleplayers participating get the relevance (future implications) of the thread and are okay with it, I don't see a problem with it.
If I may offer a bit of advice, though, it's that bringing together a bunch of characters who usually occupy different settings and do different things might have long-term consequences. For instance, canonicity is a thing, and different RPers weigh that differently. Another example is, how much does it really make sense for so and so to be meeting so and so, and how will that reflect in the future? Some character relationships are more meaningful if they're not forcibly brought together in large numbers.
Of course, the roleplay has been a bit dead, so I think this could also be a great opportunity for some characters to branch out or just to do things. Just putting some things to consider if you would like. 
No matter what, I hope you all will have fun!

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

January 26, 2024 09:44:53  #9

You can also check the threads in the public section (ongoing or archived) for some examples of how threads are generally made if you wish. There's some that are marked as [Intro] to signal that it's an introductory thread for one or more characters from a roleplayer (but it's not obligatory).
Most of the time, characters will remember what happened in threads and might use that in future thread interactions with other characters they met, so do keep that in mind. It's a part of the canonicity concept Galaxian mentioned ^^
I think first I would suggest aiming for a specific sect in your thread, since you'll need to put up a setting anyway, and "all" is a very wide range to consider as most participants will use only one character per thread (it's not the rule but it's what often happens).

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

Board footera