HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 12, 2023 19:04:53  #31

Re: [[DoF]] - 2: A Lonely Town, By The Cliffs and The Fields

"Amazing, thank you for your assistance thus far." For the sake of convenience, we could totally just say that they at least begin to get what Lycaon needed; which seemed to mostly be jerky and some medical supplies in case of an issue in the field. Oddly no water, despite him looking... fleshy, from can be gleamed from what little isn't covered by armour. Most things that're fleshy tend to need water I think.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAaaaaand i've reverted. Yay! there was too much sand in my lungs, anyways.
I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.
refer to me in the same manner the french refer to flesh.

okay that's all i'm going to cast divine skeleton bone blast now

July 13, 2023 00:44:13  #32

The whitecloak nods, and starts to walk, leading the group, "There should be some potions lying about. However, I apologize. There is a chance that they might not be to your quality."

Arcan simply just follows again.

---

Hmmm certainly odd for that. But there's loads of odd people here. Nevertheless, the whitecloak expresses concern, "Uhm. I noticed that you aren't really carrying any water on you. We do have a few water pouches, if you want any."

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

July 13, 2023 11:19:21  #33

Time wrote:

((ain't no way Naiyan steaming and calling NPCs... W deity W chat W stream))

"Hey, don't call us NPCs!" The masked one huffed, "We're people too!" now that you think about it, that mask does seem quite sci fi.

"What's an NPC?" The other tilted his head in question.

"Non-player character"

"Oh." He looked confused, but eventually shrugged it off, "Uhm... my favorite deity? Well... that's going to be hard. I hear lotsa stories, but I never really seen many..." After thinking, the excitable one exclaims, "Oh! I know who! I like Ark. The guy seems to be a really fun dude and really adventurous. His way of magic definitely seems much better than Time's gosh. That dude is such a bore. I've only heard of him being stoic and analytical. Can't he live a little?"

((I'll do task assignments really soon))

(the excited Whitecloak better watch his back Chronos is going to come for him)

"Ooh, I met Ark!" Naiyan says, pulling her legs up into a cross-legged position, leaving her hovering a few feet above the ground now. "And Time. And his twin sister. She's cool. You heard about her?" she asks, holding a finger to her lips and tilting her head to the side. "Chronos?"

Last edited by Basket Cat (July 13, 2023 11:19:50)

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

July 13, 2023 13:40:49  #34

"Oh, no I'll be fine. I have my ways, and I trust the water around here far more than any beast wandering this arena." Lycaon fixes the provisions into place as he speaks, and briefly  tugs on the handle of one of his swords to make sure they don't interfere with the motion to draw it. Something feels off about it, but the Whitecloak doesn't get to know what's wrong with the test.

I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.

July 13, 2023 17:20:32  #35

((He's just excited))

"Oh, yeah. I heard about her. You can't really hear about Time and not hear about his twin." He nods, "She sounds fun too. I've never seen her, but her depictions look cute. She uhh..." He snaps his fingers a few time while he's thinking, "What is that thing you say when you're talking about those cartoons?? The term to describe like, the top girl?" the excitable one looks to Naiyan, "Sorry, I'm not from the cyber sect or whatever. I just learned about sects not that long ago"

"Are you talking about anime?" The masked one crossed their arms, you can't see their face, but you can tell they're both exasperated and confused, "...Best girl?"

"Yes!" The excitable one points in realization towards the masked Whitecloak, then draws his hand to point towards the digital deity, "Best girl! She's like, the best girl of The Pantheon!"

The masked one signed and shook their head, "I don't understand why you went through all that effort just to make that point."

The other's enthusiasm deflates a bit, "Sorry, I'm just trying to use terms from other sects."

"Hmph. Well, don't use that one. It makes you look nerdy."

----

The young Whitecloak narrows her eyes, "Hmmm... if you say so." she hesitates, then asks again, "Are you sure? Some extra water never hurts." she even grabs a nearby waterskin and is kinda just awkwardly holds it.

Time

July 13, 2023 18:12:43  #36

((I just renamed the thread to match the first thread))

Time

July 13, 2023 20:48:16  #37

"Oh I'm sure the quality you have is fine, Marsh here has a sprained ankle, that's all." Patil responds good naturedly, walking side by side with the Whitecloak.

Marsh who had been quietly following behind starts to protest when their name is brought up, "Me? It's fine, I'm good, really, I don't even need to use my feet, see, I have wings and-" They shut up when Patil shoots them a look.

"On a second note, I've heard the Whitecloaks also sell weaponry, is that true?" Patil asks.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
----------------------------------------
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

July 13, 2023 21:06:53  #38

Crimson, Fang and Flare all walk into the town in silent wonder.  Crimson two compaingians were practically carrying him on their shoulders.  Crimson wasn't looking well and his skin was rather pale.  Blood stained the tree of them and they needed to shower.  Each of them looked at the buildings and the people around and the odd white-cloaked people.  None truly paid much attention to the deities around.  

Crimson's Limiter was in rough shape too.  Falling apart exposing glowing parts and wires and metal rods.  He's seen better days clearly.  Flare lead the trio to a bench to lay Crimson on and rest along side him.  None said a word to one another.  

"I'll go find help, if we can even get any here...it's no Arithnia." Fang said quietly to the other two.  Before standing back up and walking to one of the nearby Whitecloaks.  She tugged on their cloak to get their attention.  

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I do change this siggy often too. 

July 14, 2023 00:26:12  #39

"If you insist, I suppose it is always best to be cautious." Lycaon holds out a hand for the waterskin, and sticks it on the other side of the rest of his supplies. He tightens it into place, and checks over all the supplies. "I believe that is all I required, unless you think I missed something else."

Last edited by AshTheAvaricious (July 14, 2023 00:26:49)

July 14, 2023 10:27:31  #40

Time wrote:

((He's just excited))

"Oh, yeah. I heard about her. You can't really hear about Time and not hear about his twin." He nods, "She sounds fun too. I've never seen her, but her depictions look cute. She uhh..." He snaps his fingers a few time while he's thinking, "What is that thing you say when you're talking about those cartoons?? The term to describe like, the top girl?" the excitable one looks to Naiyan, "Sorry, I'm not from the cyber sect or whatever. I just learned about sects not that long ago"

"Are you talking about anime?" The masked one crossed their arms, you can't see their face, but you can tell they're both exasperated and confused, "...Best girl?"

"Yes!" The excitable one points in realization towards the masked Whitecloak, then draws his hand to point towards the digital deity, "Best girl! She's like, the best girl of The Pantheon!"

The masked one signed and shook their head, "I don't understand why you went through all that effort just to make that point."

The other's enthusiasm deflates a bit, "Sorry, I'm just trying to use terms from other sects."

"Hmph. Well, don't use that one. It makes you look nerdy."

(I'm laughing so hard at this right now I can't breathe help)

Naiyan tried her best to contain her laughter, evident by her puffed out cheeks and slight glitching. "Best girl, huh?" she said, barely managing to hide the laugh from her voice. "I'd bet you go over the moon to meet her, wouldn't ya?"
The small screen popped up next to her again. All the text was just "BEST GIRL" being repeated over and over, seemingly at the speed of light.

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

July 14, 2023 22:29:10  #41

Marsh wrote:

"Oh I'm sure the quality you have is fine, Marsh here has a sprained ankle, that's all." Patil responds good naturedly, walking side by side with the Whitecloak.

Marsh who had been quietly following behind starts to protest when their name is brought up, "Me? It's fine, I'm good, really, I don't even need to use my feet, see, I have wings and-" They shut up when Patil shoots them a look.

"On a second note, I've heard the Whitecloaks also sell weaponry, is that true?" Patil asks.

"Ah. Sure then. What we have can definitely help the healing process with a sprained ankle." He nods, "Just a sprained ankle... you're either quite skilled, or quite lucky." He gives a glance to Marsh. It was a different look from his normal, polite one, but it was hard to pinpoint what type of emotion it was.

"But yes, we do have weapons." He looks back forwards, continuing on, "Of course, there are some things not for sale, but we can probably get you some quality weapons. Or repair your current ones."

----

AshTheAvaricious wrote:

"If you insist, I suppose it is always best to be cautious." Lycaon holds out a hand for the waterskin, and sticks it on the other side of the rest of his supplies. He tightens it into place, and checks over all the supplies. "I believe that is all I required, unless you think I missed something else."

"Mhm." She nods, "Well, there's nothing else. Or at least I don't think so. Unless you want anything else?"

Time

July 14, 2023 22:43:27  #42

wolffighting3768 wrote:

Crimson, Fang and Flare all walk into the town in silent wonder.  Crimson two compaingians were practically carrying him on their shoulders.  Crimson wasn't looking well and his skin was rather pale.  Blood stained the tree of them and they needed to shower.  Each of them looked at the buildings and the people around and the odd white-cloaked people.  None truly paid much attention to the deities around.  

Crimson's Limiter was in rough shape too.  Falling apart exposing glowing parts and wires and metal rods.  He's seen better days clearly.  Flare lead the trio to a bench to lay Crimson on and rest along side him.  None said a word to one another.  

"I'll go find help, if we can even get any here...it's no Arithnia." Fang said quietly to the other two.  Before standing back up and walking to one of the nearby Whitecloaks.  She tugged on their cloak to get their attention.  

Of course, contestants definitely take notice of these arrivals, being more bloodied. It wasn't uncommon, but nevertheless they're something they take notice. First impressions are very important, after all.

"Hm? Oh!" The Whitecloak gasps in surprise at the sight. Quickly, after a call of notice to a few other Whitecoats, another pair comes running out, carrying a stretcher.

The one that called the others over looked deeply concerned, "Please, place him on the stretcher." He says as the others set him down, "We'll try to nurse him back to health. No charge required. We're Whitecloaks, we see to the participants in the town." The introduction to the organization was rushed, but he was focusing between the trio, eyes darting from them, to what seemed to be the center of town.

The another whitecoat, a shorter woman, frowned at the sight, but was begrudgingly waiting for Crimson to be set down.

The last one, looked to be much more professional than the other two, despite the uniform of the Whitecloaks, this once carried a calming aura about herself. She approached, checking latex gloves she snapped onto her hands, eyes studying the wounded man, "Call me Vulture. I'm a cyber sect doctor. What happened?"

----

Basket Cat wrote:

Naiyan tried her best to contain her laughter, evident by her puffed out cheeks and slight glitching. "Best girl, huh?" she said, barely managing to hide the laugh from her voice. "I'd bet you go over the moon to meet her, wouldn't ya?"
The small screen popped up next to her again. All the text was just "BEST GIRL" being repeated over and over, seemingly at the speed of light.

"... Honestly, I'd be ecstatic to meet any deity! That's also why I'm apart of the Whitecloaks."

((I'm cool with having do all sorts of PoVs for individual characters, I'm trying to make them seem all individuals, but the part that sucks is I'm not naming any of them 💀))

Last edited by Time (July 14, 2023 22:44:31)

Time

July 15, 2023 00:34:30  #43

((refer to them with silly names that aren't canon. i want to call the supplies lady gertrud the goon))

"Well, I don't believe I'd be in this contest if I didn't want something. But that's not here, so I'd gratefully take a hairband instead. I lost mine somewhere in the surrounding woodlands, and it is quite troublesome fighting with loose hair." I think I've thus far completely neglected to mention that Lycaon's hair is long, falling almost to his waist despite its curling, and a blue-silver colour. Almost like a river. Obviously it's not tied up at the moment, since he lost his hairband.

July 15, 2023 09:19:39  #44

Time wrote:

Marsh wrote:

"That's... really noble actually. I'd imagine it hard for new deities to gain footing without a proper following." Patil says. After an appropriate length of pause, enough to change the subject, he says, "I remember noticing a big tent near the center of town when we arrived, is that where the provisions are kept?"

"I'm grateful you understand our purpose." he smiles with another nod, "But yes, that is where we keep most of our provisions. Do you wish for me to lead you there?"

Basket Cat wrote:

Naiyan bowed dramatically as the Whitecloak recognized her. "Ooh, very interesting." She pulled up a small digital screen beside her. Lines of text appeared rapidly, scrolling upwards as new words took their place. "I dunno chat, even the NPCs seem super detailed. I wonder how long the developers spent on this." She closed the window and looked back to the Whitecloak, hovering off the ground an inch or so. "Soooo, you like deities and hearing about 'em, huh? Who's your favorite?" she asked with a mischievous grin.

((ain't no way Naiyan steaming and calling NPCs... W deity W chat W stream))

"Hey, don't call us NPCs!" The masked one huffed, "We're people too!" now that you think about it, that mask does seem quite sci fi.

"What's an NPC?" The other tilted his head in question.

"Non-player character"

"Oh." He looked confused, but eventually shrugged it off, "Uhm... my favorite deity? Well... that's going to be hard. I hear lotsa stories, but I never really seen many..." After thinking, the excitable one exclaims, "Oh! I know who! I like Ark. The guy seems to be a really fun dude and really adventurous. His way of magic definitely seems much better than Time's gosh. That dude is such a bore. I've only heard of him being stoic and analytical. Can't he live a little?"

((I'll do task assignments really soon))

(based NPC))

​Ozark sits in the nearest place to sit near the weaponsmith. “Not optimal, but I can wait. Do you need payment?”

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

July 15, 2023 12:03:32  #45

Time wrote:

Of course, contestants definitely take notice of these arrivals, being more bloodied. It wasn't uncommon, but nevertheless they're something they take notice. First impressions are very important, after all.

"Hm? Oh!" The Whitecloak gasps in surprise at the sight. Quickly, after a call of notice to a few other Whitecoats, another pair comes running out, carrying a stretcher.

The one that called the others over looked deeply concerned, "Please, place him on the stretcher." He says as the others set him down, "We'll try to nurse him back to health. No charge required. We're Whitecloaks, we see to the participants in the town." The introduction to the organization was rushed, but he was focusing between the trio, eyes darting from them, to what seemed to be the center of town.

The another whitecoat, a shorter woman, frowned at the sight, but was begrudgingly waiting for Crimson to be set down.

The last one, looked to be much more professional than the other two, despite the uniform of the Whitecloaks, this once carried a calming aura about herself. She approached, checking latex gloves she snapped onto her hands, eyes studying the wounded man, "Call me Vulture. I'm a cyber sect doctor. What happened?" 

----

(I hope I'm doing the quoting thing right...I rarely use it.)

Fang and Flare carried Crimson onto the stretcher and set him down.  The two then walked over to Vulture.  Flare spoke first.  

"I do not know how much use a cyber sect doctor will do for Crimson.  The Limiter is in bad shape and isn't processing his blood properly.  It's slowly poisoning him with Scale Rust.  On top of this, he has run out of phials to replace in his Limiter, which keeps the filtered out Scale Rust from his bloodstream.  Since none of us are from Forengard, we do not have the necessary technology or materials to replace the parts.  Such a thing only can be done by the Black box.  I know it's a rather ironic name, but it's a machine which creates the Limiter and replaces the Forge Disk, an attachment that acts like a port to his heart." Flare explained, shifting around in worry.  Fang said nothing and only stood and listened.  Flare did his best to try to keep the atmosphere and conversation bearable.

Fang looked back at Crimson and sighed.  It was clear that she felt a mental pain seeing Crimson in this state once more.  She looked up at Vulture and then Flare, then back at Crimson again.  "Can you help him?  Please tell me he will be ok.  I don't care if he looses his arm, I just want my friend and Kyng alive.  There has to be some sort of primitive dialysis machine that could help if you're apart of the cyber sect." 

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

July 16, 2023 01:31:00  #46

AshTheAvaricious wrote:

((refer to them with silly names that aren't canon. i want to call the supplies lady gertrud the goon))

"Well, I don't believe I'd be in this contest if I didn't want something. But that's not here, so I'd gratefully take a hairband instead. I lost mine somewhere in the surrounding woodlands, and it is quite troublesome fighting with loose hair." I think I've thus far completely neglected to mention that Lycaon's hair is long, falling almost to his waist despite its curling, and a blue-silver colour. Almost like a river. Obviously it's not tied up at the moment, since he lost his hairband.

"Oh! Well, that's something more specific but... I'm sure I can find a hair tie or something! Please wait" The girl who a random mysterious entity has dubbed  Lady Gertrud the Goon despite her name not being that at all, runs off in search.

I'll give Lycacon a moment to do something, if he wants to. But I'll continue the narration in like, 18 hours from now or something.

ThreePunchAxel wrote:

​Ozark sits in the nearest place to sit near the weaponsmith. “Not optimal, but I can wait. Do you need payment?”

The man of the two looks up from their work and the chain, crossing his arms, "Hey. It's the best you're gonna get anywhere in the domain." He sighs,  "Plus, we're doing this sort of stuff free of charge. We're trying to give contestants here a more... realistic chance to winning"

Time

July 16, 2023 01:46:03  #47

wolffighting3768 wrote:

Fang and Flare carried Crimson onto the stretcher and set him down.  The two then walked over to Vulture.  Flare spoke first.  

"I do not know how much use a cyber sect doctor will do for Crimson.  The Limiter is in bad shape and isn't processing his blood properly.  It's slowly poisoning him with Scale Rust.  On top of this, he has run out of phials to replace in his Limiter, which keeps the filtered out Scale Rust from his bloodstream.  Since none of us are from Forengard, we do not have the necessary technology or materials to replace the parts.  Such a thing only can be done by the Black box.  I know it's a rather ironic name, but it's a machine which creates the Limiter and replaces the Forge Disk, an attachment that acts like a port to his heart." Flare explained, shifting around in worry.  Fang said nothing and only stood and listened.  Flare did his best to try to keep the atmosphere and conversation bearable.

Fang looked back at Crimson and sighed.  It was clear that she felt a mental pain seeing Crimson in this state once more.  She looked up at Vulture and then Flare, then back at Crimson again.  "Can you help him?  Please tell me he will be ok.  I don't care if he looses his arm, I just want my friend and Kyng alive.  There has to be some sort of primitive dialysis machine that could help if you're apart of the cyber sect." 

Vulture narrowed her eyes, her medical mask coving most of her emotions. There's a small whirling sound as soon what seems to be a sort of multi-jointed mechanical arm peaks out from under her pristine white cloak, curling around her slightly to face crimson. Near the end of the arm appeared to be a bulky contraption, and at the very end, appeared to be some sort of pincer. Holograms buzzed for a bit, scanning over his body, "Mhm, so some sort of innate disease concerning corruption of the blood? Hm." She notes, not taking her eye off Crimson.

The concerned man and the short woman grabbed the ends of the stretcher, and hoisted it up, "I hope we can." The man said to Fang. He gives a weak smile, accompanied by the other woman carrying the stretcher to roll her eyes. Soon they start to walk away, with Vulture by their side, still studying.

They seem to be going, with or without Fang or Flare.

Time

July 16, 2023 13:14:51  #48

Time wrote:

Vulture narrowed her eyes, her medical mask coving most of her emotions. There's a small whirling sound as soon what seems to be a sort of multi-jointed mechanical arm peaks out from under her pristine white cloak, curling around her slightly to face crimson. Near the end of the arm appeared to be a bulky contraption, and at the very end, appeared to be some sort of pincer. Holograms buzzed for a bit, scanning over his body, "Mhm, so some sort of innate disease concerning corruption of the blood? Hm." She notes, not taking her eye off Crimson.

The concerned man and the short woman grabbed the ends of the stretcher, and hoisted it up, "I hope we can." The man said to Fang. He gives a weak smile, accompanied by the other woman carrying the stretcher to roll her eyes. Soon they start to walk away, with Vulture by their side, still studying.

They seem to be going, with or without Fang or Flare.

"Go.  I will take care of things here." Flare told Fang, who silently nodded and raced over to Crimson's side.  

Flare rubbed his eyes and sighed heavily.  "That is correct.  He can live without his Limiter, but only for a short period of time before his body starts to store it and release mass quantities into his bloodstream.  Even Aster, our world's sort of creator doesn't know the full effects of what Scale Rust does to the body, so it's anyone's game at this point."

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

July 16, 2023 14:55:59  #49

Time wrote:

"Oh! Well, that's something more specific but... I'm sure I can find a hair tie or something! Please wait" The girl who a random mysterious entity has dubbed  Lady Gertrud the Goon despite her name not being that at all, runs off in search.

I'll give Lycacon a moment to do something, if he wants to. But I'll continue the narration in like, 18 hours from now or something.

As Lady Gertrud the Goon runs off, Lycaon drops his smile slightly, and rubs where his eyes probably are under the cloth wrapping. The shadows draped around the edges of his armour and body shift slightly, as though relaxing away from a false form. The sight only lasts a moment, before the shadows slip back into place and Lycaon fills his grin again. The leather of his gloves seems slightly more worn at the fingers. He's gonna find something to either sit on or lean against, while he waits for her to return.

July 16, 2023 18:25:45  #50

Time wrote:

"... Honestly, I'd be ecstatic to meet any deity! That's also why I'm apart of the Whitecloaks."

((I'm cool with having do all sorts of PoVs for individual characters, I'm trying to make them seem all individuals, but the part that sucks is I'm not naming any of them 💀))

"Ooh, cool. So you came here in the hopes of meeting a deity?"

The chat screen was still screaming "BEST GIRL" and showed no signs of stopping

(mood)

July 17, 2023 00:08:58  #51

wolffighting3768 wrote:

"Go.  I will take care of things here." Flare told Fang, who silently nodded and raced over to Crimson's side.  

Flare rubbed his eyes and sighed heavily.  "That is correct.  He can live without his Limiter, but only for a short period of time before his body starts to store it and release mass quantities into his bloodstream.  Even Aster, our world's sort of creator doesn't know the full effects of what Scale Rust does to the body, so it's anyone's game at this point."

Vulture did not respond.

"Ah, sorry. Vulture usually focuses a lot on thinking with this sorta stuff. I'd even say she wasn't even talking to you when she first repeated what you said, and was more talking about what her own results brought her." The man carrying the stretcher responds, glancing between Flare and the path ahead.

They continue to speedily move, residents turn their heads in curiosity or interest, but surprise is not common in the reactions given. As mentioned before. This sort of thing is something to be expected when residing in the Domain of Flowers, but it is nevertheless something eye-catching.

-----

Directed to: Generally anyone by the provisions tent (Naiyan, Lycacon)

There's a small commotion sounding, coming closer from further out of town. Anyone that is in the area sees two Whitecloaks, a kind looking man and a ill-tempered woman carrying a stretcher, Right beside this stretcher is a few following figures, one of which appears to be a Whitecloak that looks much like a doctor, with a weird mechanical contraption emerging from under their cloak like an odd tail.

----

The Whitecloaks talking to Naiyan noticed the approaching group with a stretcher.

"Shoot." The masked one said, "Is that Vulture?"

"It looks like it."

The masked Whitecloak sighs, "Stay here, I'm going to help deal with that." Soon, they're off, dashing to join the group.

The enthusiastic one keeps his eye on the scene, but is eventually able to tear his attention back to Naiyan, "Oh, um. I guess? I just was here for new experiences, and meeting deities are one of those for sure." His eyes look back again to the group, then back to Naiyan, "Whatever's going on over there is definitely a  new experience for me too. It's definitely not very pretty though..." 

----

"Gertrud" comes back, holding a hair tie, "Here, this might help..." she says, offering it to Lycacon, who's probably sitting on a supply crate by now. However, her attention trails off to seeing Vulture and a few others rush into the Provisions Building. "Uh, what's going on?" she asks, glancing back over to him.

----

Arcan, Patil, and Marsh see a small group of people rush by them, basically being able to see what the people in the provisions tent see, but they're able to get a much better view of who's on the stretcher. Someone with a mangled, destroyed looking arm (possibly of mechanical origin), and quite bloodied.

"Look at that." Arcan quietly says as they continue to walk. Loud enough for their group to hear, but not really anyone else out of that range, "I never knew of the other sects until just before the compaction started. It's still hard to wrap my head around the fact that there's practically other worlds of varying technology out there." She tensely runs a hand over her bow.

----

Ozark is most likely to see a few whispered messages and head-turns towards the center of town, but that's probably all he is able to glean.

----

Oh? What's this commotion? A new arrival? The woman looks down from her balcony, to see turning heads and a small group rushing away. Maybe it would be helpful to learn of the occasion.

((I realized I haven't PoVed her since like, the first posts lol))

((Also, oof, a big post. I figured to just bold the names of relevant characters instead of quoting you guys))

Last edited by Time (July 17, 2023 22:57:51)

Time

July 17, 2023 10:54:40  #52

((really funny that i'm pretty sure you've not once spelt lycaon's name right in this thread.))

Lycaon seems curious about the commotion, until he sees who's on the stretcher. He doesn't want to deal with boring anime monologues so the knight merely keeps out of the way. So basically he sees Crimson, scowls a little, and goes back to sitting near the tent and waiting for Lady Gertrud the Goon.

July 17, 2023 16:43:53  #53

Flare sighed and watched the two Whitecloaks carry off Crimson, with Fang by his side.  He silently wishes that Crimson wouldn't draw a crowd for once.  He wanders off in search of some store or supplies shop he can use. 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

July 17, 2023 20:21:59  #54

Time wrote:

"Ah. Sure then. What we have can definitely help the healing process with a sprained ankle." He nods, "Just a sprained ankle... you're either quite skilled, or quite lucky." He gives a glance to Marsh. It was a different look from his normal, polite one, but it was hard to pinpoint what type of emotion it was.

"But yes, we do have weapons." He looks back forwards, continuing on, "Of course, there are some things not for sale, but we can probably get you some quality weapons. Or repair your current ones."

"That'd be wonderful." Patil replies with a friendly smile.

"I suppose you're right, I guess deity luck is real after all." Marsh muses, more to themself than as a real reply to the Whitecloak's comment.

This was, of course, before they see the bloodied body being carried on a stretcher.

Marsh looks sick, like physically ill. Their face has gone pale after one glance at the stretcher and they immediately look away, floating to the other side of the group effectively putting three people between her and the bloody mess that she just saw.

Patil squints, trying to make out who it was on the stretcher. A contestant probably, with a mechanical-looking arm. The dot's aren't hard to connect, not when he's taken notice of all the contestants beforehand. "Is that...?" He cuts himself off, looking at the group for their reactions before staring straight at Arcan and asking the much more important question, "Should we, y'know." He makes the classic throat-slitting gesture then tilts his head towards Crimson as if it's not obvious enough just who he's talking about.

(( Just so we're all sure, we can't actually capital K Kill Crim right? ))

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

July 17, 2023 21:07:23  #55

((I am never opposed to the idea.  If someone wished to Kill one of my characters I would allow it.  Granted I'm sure the trio wouldn't let it happen without consequence.))

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

July 17, 2023 21:18:02  #56

Ozark, left with nothing to do, decides to follow what everyone else is doing. He walks over to Patil’s group, just in time to notice him do the gesture. “Thinking about removing some of the competition?” 

Axel
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

July 17, 2023 21:51:32  #57

​((dammm ight Zane. That means you're ok with placing one of your characters on the line?))

((This is some tomfoolery because I copied pasted the name from one of your posts, if I recall @Ash))

AshTheAvaricious wrote:

Lycaon seems curious about the commotion, until he sees who's on the stretcher. He doesn't want to deal with boring anime monologues so the knight merely keeps out of the way. So basically he sees Crimson, scowls a little, and goes back to sitting near the tent and waiting for Lady Gertrud the Goon.

"Gertrud" is standing by the time Lycaon comes back, once again awkwardly holding something. This time, it seems to be a simple hair tie. No, not like the ones today, more like one where you actually have to tie a knot or something to keep the hair together. Idk what that is called. She notices Lycaon's face, then the stretcher, and puts two and two together, "Do you know the guy?" She asks, "Sorry if it's intrusive."

----

wolffighting3768 wrote:

Flare sighed and watched the two Whitecloaks carry off Crimson, with Fang by his side.  He silently wishes that Crimson wouldn't draw a crowd for once.  He wanders off in search of some store or supplies shop he can use. 

Flare probably wanders off somewhere. For sake of interaction, he wanders somewhere around to the previsions tent. So that's Naiyan and Lycaon nearby.

----

Marsh wrote:

"Should we, y'know." He makes the classic throat-slitting gesture then tilts his head towards Crimson as if it's not obvious enough just who he's talking about.

Initially, Arcan is clearly is trying to hide her shock from the scene. She recognizes the arm, despite it looking quite destroyed.

She then recognizes the gesture Patil makes. She was thinking about it too, admittedly, but still... to offer the option? She hesitates, "...He did try to kill me once..." she quietly mutters.

But he showed you mercy once too! an intrusive voice points out in her head.

That's when Ozark popped up, asking his accusatory question.

"Oh uhm, no!" She waves her hands in denial, "We were just... wondering what happened to him! What could place someone is such a sad state!" While she does this, she does give Patil a quick glance, it doesn't communicate much, but it looks to be an offer to continue the conversation later.

Last edited by Time (July 17, 2023 22:57:23)

Time

July 18, 2023 08:16:51  #58

"What? We're all thinking it." Patil says, crossing his arms. "It'd be beneficial for all of us, no?"

Marsh looks between Patil and Arcan, clearly startled, "What- No, we can't just kill him, that's-"

"Look we don't need him dead, just decommissioned. Break a few bones, or convince him to leave."

Marsh's gaze lands on Arcan, in a hushed voice they ask, "You're actually thinking about it?"

Patil huffs as if Marsh is being unreasonably difficult. He makes the split second decision to follow the stretcher before it's carried out of view, prolonging this opportunity as he tries to make up his mind. Marsh, for the first time this entire game, actively chooses not to follow Patil.

(( Assuming here that the stretcher does need to be followed considering how fast the medical people are moving ))

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

July 18, 2023 13:27:33  #59

"He has a point. It would be beneficial to eliminate other competitors when they're injured, or if they can't be killed, at least keep them out of commission for a while. Convincing him to leave wouldn't work, I don't think. I've seen his type before. He'd make some impassioned speech and then get up even stronger." Ozark is following Patil as he talks.

Axel
I aten't dead

July 18, 2023 13:48:58  #60

Patil hums in agreement, taking a few moments to think up some sort of plan. "You're right, I don't think we can convince him, but I'm pretty sure we could convince the doctor. Or his guardian or whatever, there's no way he made it here in that state all on his own." 

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

Board footera