HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 1, 2023 18:02:39  #61

Re: [F/DA] The coming of the first morn

"It's fine. He wouldn't be able to get a firm grip, anyways."
That sounds like a slightly more mature version of "I didn't want to hold him anyways." You know, the deflection excuse. Mostly used by little kids.
Anyways, Sunny's back to peering at Caster's head again, maybe out of concern for the other's scalp. 
"Does he live nearby?" he asks.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

June 1, 2023 19:27:25  #62

"Maybe. I don't know for sure."
Although Caster had gone completely still again the moment the sparrow landed on his head, the bird decided it had rested for enough time and hopped off with a flutter. It went up and flew into the trees.
Caster followed the bird with his sight. Not minding the way his hair was slightly disarrayed now, he lifted a hand to give a tiny wave in the direction the bird had gone.
"Bye-bye."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 1, 2023 19:43:36  #63

Sunny sees the sparrow off with, well, his eyes. Then it's back to business.
"What do you think of this place for shelter?" he asks carefully. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 5, 2023 21:41:03  #64

"There's water," he started, replying almost inmediately with a gesture towards the stream that ran nearby, "and light, but also enough shade." Caster twirled one of his hands in the air and the motioned to the trees around. "I don't know the weather here... but if there's rain, I don't think we'd get a flood."
The boy looked at his surroudings once again before glancing at the path from where he and Sunny had arrived from. "I'd only worry about someone coming from there, maybe." He pointed at where he was looking. "But it doesn't look like this place has been touched much by humans."
After speaking, Caster turned his attention to Sunny's face, waiting for a reply.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 5, 2023 21:45:36  #65

"Bystanders are unlikely, seeing as the surrounding areas are off-limits for tourists." Sunny seems to be carefully watching the other for any reaction, perhaps due to the implications of what he's saying. "This area itself is not protected, but I suppose you may have an opinion on the prudence of staying here in regards to possible effect on surrounding wildlife? Additionally, relating to the War, I do not suppose this is the wisest location in terms of strategy, but I could very well be mistaken."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 5, 2023 22:00:39  #66

Caster appears to be thoughtfully taking in Sunny's words.
"I just gave my opinion on what the area looks like to me. I would be okay here. But it's not only about me-"
He hesitated for a moment, blinking slowly as he gazed at the water again. "To really choose a place to stay at, I'd have to know more about the area."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 6, 2023 01:03:26  #67

"That is a good point," he agrees.
It sounds like he was about to say something else but then cut himself off. Instead, he gazes thoughtfully-- back towards the direction they came from. Then his gaze swivels around in a semicircle, sweeping towards the deeper portions of the wooded area they currently stand in.
"Then what do you think about staying here momentarily? In the next few days, we can explore our surroundings cautiously and move if need be."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 6, 2023 22:10:03  #68

Staying? For a bit longer? Were it for Caster, he'd just never leave the area. But he couldn't say that and be serious about it.
"That sounds okay, I really like this place." So, he nodded in agreement with a happy shrug, his expression brightening considerably at the idea. "You'll just have to be verycareful. I want to keep this area as untouched by humans as possible."
He absentminedly ran a hand on the side of his collar. "And... also, maybe not stay here too long. Or, we won't want to leave."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 6, 2023 22:27:51  #69

"Of course." That seems to signify agreement on all the points Caster brought up. "I assure you, I take this matter seriously, so I will try my best to avoid making blunders this early on. Especially relating to locational attachment."
Why does he sound like he's the Servant? Weird.
He tilts his head slightly this way and that before finally taking a few steps forward again.
"Well, then, please make yourself comfortable while I set up our residence. Would you like a chair?" Almost as if proposing an alternative at the same time, he looks over at a wooden log. It looked somewhat polished when he passed by it earlier.  

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 7, 2023 23:59:47  #70

"Okay. I will count on you for this." The boy acknowledged the statements with another nod. 
"What do you mean by 'setting our residence'?" Caster shuffled closer to Sunny, curiosity in his eyes, caution in his voice. "What are you going to do?"

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 9, 2023 16:39:07  #71

"Ah." Sunny blinks at Caster approaching himself, but recovers quickly. "By that, of course I mean..."
He takes a careful step backwards and then, with his right hand, flourishes a rather hefty bag towards the side dramatically. Specifically the side Caster's not on, of course.
"A tent!" he exclaims enthusiastically, with a complete poker face. 
Where did the bag even come from?

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 14, 2023 23:26:49  #72

"A tent," Caster echoed after Sunny, eyes wide open in full attention and fixed on the bag from the sudden movement.
It took a few seconds for him to blink back out of focus from the tent bag. But he quickly scanned the surroundings once again, with particular interest on the ground this time. A tent (or any housing, really) should be placed in an area where it won't disturb any plant or animal life, none even if possible. So, if Sunny meant to pitch that tent right in that area, that patch of dirt over there would be the best pick. 
"Where are you going to put it?"

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 14, 2023 23:46:41  #73

"On the ground," is the reply.
Oh hey, there's his original personality.
"I assume you see that area as being a better pick?" he adds, swinging the tent bag awkwardly in the direction in lieu of pointing with his free hand because why would that make sense.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 15, 2023 23:35:01  #74

Well, of course it was going to be on the ground. Caster was unamused by the reply, as he expected something more detailed. Ah, anyways.
"There are places on the ground where the plants would be damaged if you put a tent on top," he said back, looking up at Sunny's face to see his reaction.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 15, 2023 23:46:39  #75

"And that would certainly not do," he states with serious but otherwise blank expression. It seems he's mostly waiting for Caster to judge the area he indicated, though, since he doesn't add anything.
It's a good distance from the water and is about as clear as this clearing gets. Plus there isn't an ant mound near it or anything like that. It seems like a reasonable choice at the very least. Maybe Sunshine had plotted this area out in his head in advance after all.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 23, 2023 12:05:28  #76

"Nope." Caster was quick to agree with a shake of his head, which sounds weird but fits the context of what he's saying. "I don't think that place is a bad choice. I think it's a good place to put the tent, too. Nothing gets damaged."
He blinked with his large green eyes, gaze flicking between the chosen place and Sunny's face.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

July 23, 2023 18:09:25  #77

"I believe I brought a repair kit for the tent in case any damage does occur." An implicit wish that something like that doesn't happen simply isn't voiced. Instead, Sunny sets down the bag he's holding next to a rock and gives the area another visual estimate.
"Please feel free to take a seat and rest for a while," he says to Caster, his gaze landing on a rock nearer to the trees as way of suggesting where to sit should Caster find it hard to make a choice himself. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 17, 2023 21:11:55  #78

"Okay."
Caster gave a brisk nod and proceeded to do as suggested. Since he had been watching Sunny, he went directly to the spot of focus.
There, he sat down with his elbows on his knees and chin on his hands. He'd watch attentively. It was a good idea to see how this tent worked (and how his Master set it up).

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 18, 2023 22:11:12  #79

Within the span of the few seconds that it took for Caster to find his spot and sit down, Sunny managed to take out a sizeable portion of the contents of the tent bag. More specifically, all the frame parts. Given, they're all wrapped up in individual bags for organization purposes, but it's still impressive.
He's staring at a particular bundle like he's sizing up an enemy. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 25, 2023 21:59:20  #80

Blink, blink. Caster's inspected each of the tent material bags he could see. That was supposed to unfold into a tent? Probably not an easy task.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 29, 2023 00:48:17  #81

Sunny does what looks to be a small poutish scowl at the bundle before begrudgingly starting to open it. 
A stick immediately juts out in an effort to impale his right cheek. How cute.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 30, 2023 18:21:27  #82

((Do you wanna narrate the whole process of setting up the tent? I was just going to have Caster watch so maybe there's something special you want to do/want him to do, or perhaps you'd rather narrate a timeskip?))

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 30, 2023 18:29:01  #83

(I dunno lol, but it sounds like if Caster isn't gonna do anything else it'd be time for a timeskip)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 30, 2023 18:54:56  #84

((Spectator mode fr. A timeskip would be nice cause Caster's just sitting there, I'll narrate his actions afterwards if that sounds good!))

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 30, 2023 19:16:43  #85

(Y'know what, after some more thinking, what I'm gonna do is put this AU on hold until further notice as well. It doesn't feel right continuing it, at least as of right now. Thanks!)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 30, 2023 19:19:33  #86

((👍🏼))

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 9, 2023 17:06:23  #87

(Feel free to not respond for awhile, I'm just putting this here to get it off my mind for a bit. The biggest problem atm is that I don't know how I can get Caster to interact or Sunny to be less boring :') )

After expertly dodging the tent stick's murder attempt, Sunny gets to work on setting up the frame and connecting the fabric portions of the tent into their proper locations. 
To be honest, it's boring work when you're not being a part of the process. But at least Caster gets to see the thrilling moment when the tent's shape is finally sustained--specifically, when Sunny finally gets the last pole to bend like it should, and everything doesn't just explode and force a complete do-over. 
Though, he probably gets to see this twice, since Sunny sets up two tents. 
It seems the mage in question is accustomed to being watched, since he doesn't look at Caster or move with unease the entire time. He's clearly comfortable with the actions he's doing, like he sets up a tent every other week. But still, it feels like he can't quite be called graceful. There's a strange contradiction to him, perhaps able to be represented by his attire. As mentioned prior, he's wearing a nice jacket, but beneath it, Caster can now see that he's wearing white, which is a particularly peculiar choice for the wilderness. 
Hey, look, he's looking at Caster now. Maybe now that he's done, he wants the other to come over and scope out their residence-to-be?

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 11, 2023 20:53:15  #88

Caster followed each of Sunny's movements during the process, sight only straying occasionally towards a falling leaf or a rustling bit of grass. He certainly seemed to be extremely alert towards everything happening around, not unlike the way a cat constantly twitches its ears towards the faintest of sounds. More details of the mage's movements and appearance were commited to memory.
Once everything was done (and after being stared at for a bit) Caster stood up briskly and headed towards his Master with a curious glint in his eyes. He had already watched the tent for a long time but he looked over it once again. Then, he stepped to the side to check out how it looked from the other angle before looking back at Sunny with a small smile. 
"I think they look interesting," he complimented, clapping four times to make sure his congratulations were clear. "And they look waterproof too."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 11, 2023 22:14:31  #89

Sunny merely stands completely still as he's approached, and only exits his trance-like inaction when the other claps.
"They are," he affirms with a brief nod of his head, and adds: "Bulletproof as well."
He pauses.
"I assume you will not be in need of bullets yourself?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 12, 2023 18:59:44  #90

"Of course not." The answer came quickly along with an eyebrow raise. "I don't use that. Why would I?"
Perhaps he wasn't expecting an answer, as he just turned his attention back to the nearest tent and poked the side to feel the material. 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

Board footera