HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 9, 2023 02:25:36  #31

Re: [@Time @Eliza @Galaxian] The door to the library is slightly open

Heaven tensed a bit as the echoes of animals sounded around. She wishes that she invested in some sort of sensing magic at some point. What if they were invisible? What was unseen around her?

Nevertheless, it's not something to focus on thinking about. Instead, she moves forwards to the large temple, studying the intricate decorations and the floating stones. She nears the entrance, studying the book and feathers. Anything of notable detail? Either way, she'll continue on going.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

March 9, 2023 17:47:12  #32

The books Heaven sees are hardcover and don't show any signs of titles or cover illustrations. Also, all of them are closed. The feathers look more like something feathery exploded in front of the gate. That's it for that part. Maybe the objects could even be considered some sort of strange and out-of-place decoration?
As soon as she crosses the entrance, it's as though the surroundings shift once again. A loud clang of metal falling echoes through the corridor--for now what lies in front of Heaven is a wide and dimly-lit hallway that somehow reminds her of the Clocktower's hallways, but lined with ancient pillars. If she were to turn around now, she'd find her exit blocked by the now-closed gate, which is impossible to see through as once again the fog gathered thickly on the outside. The only way is forward. To where, it cannot be known yet, as the heatless torches on the walls have only lit up in the area that directly surrounds the mage. Further ahead only darkness is visible.

Jenny sees that the few tiny books (the equivalent of stones on a path?) lying around can indeed be opened, although they're full of blank pages and have no title. Strangely enough... as soon as she thinks of something, it quickly appears illustrated on the blank page she looked at. Other than that, the pages that make up the path itself contain nothing but unreadable text: garbled letters mixed with symbols and accents and no pattern of consistent capitalization, all arranged into the neatest sort of lines and paragraphs  one would expect to find in a printed book. Trying to decipher the meaning of the "words" on the pages would be a futile endeavor.

Not sure how far up Lianhuan went, but it was enough for the rest of the faraway silhouettes to reveal themselves. The outline of the town and large temple building are now visible to him. As well as the endless expanse of ripe wheat fields bathed in violet starlight, with tiny paths that led to nowhere winding their way as they, too, strayed from the main book page road.  From this point of view Jenny is visible, her presence standing out amidst the strange scenery.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 10, 2023 02:30:17  #33

Lianhuan's feeling a little better about himself now that he's off the ground, ironically. He's normally the type of guy who likes both of his feet on it, but there's no way he would have felt right stepping on books or ruining the wheat field. And from what he can tell, flying on his sword isn't producing any abnormal effect, which he adduces to mean that he can count on some forms of consistency here at the very least.
And there's Jenny! Even the ominous silhouettes (ominous to him at least) don't put a damper on his feelings. He's really glad that he didn't have to look for her and even has to take a moment to tamp down an excited grin. The notion of her being a malevolent illusion doesn't even cross his mind as he rapidly flies over to her, paying little mind to the future that is a little more distant than the familiar figure on the abnormally paved path.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

March 11, 2023 09:56:55  #34

Jenny frowned, turning a few pages of the book, then looking at another one. She was so busy looking through them she didn't notice Lianhuan at first.

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

March 12, 2023 03:34:18  #35

"Boo-ya," goes Lianhuan, who throws a cotton ball at her head. He stands a reasonable distance away, probably so she can't reflex-sweep him across the head with her broomstick.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 12, 2023 22:00:59  #36

Indeed, reacting upon instinct Jenny immediately, swung her broomstick around to smack away whatever had been thrown at her, sending it shooting back to Lianhuan like a baseball. "Oh, it's you." Jenny said, recognizing him and resting her broom back on her shoulder.

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

March 12, 2023 22:45:45  #37

The second book Jenny looked through showed the very eloquent text of:

The scenery remains the same as before.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 13, 2023 01:27:42  #38

You have got to be joking. Heaven eyes the now blocked exit, and the clouded surroundings caused by fog and darkness. She decides to walk up to one of the torches posted upon the walls, and tries to see if she could take one off, and take it with her as she ventures forwards, into the dark.

Time

March 13, 2023 01:59:24  #39

Lianhuan catches the cotton ball smoothly.
"It is me," he responds, probably forgetting the word "indeed." "And you are in trouble. For coming in here."
He's definitely not fit for this teacher tone. It sounds so wrong on him.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 14, 2023 10:39:28  #40

"Oh yeah? Who's the superior around here? Last time I checked, it wasn't you."

March 14, 2023 18:32:35  #41

The torch came off into Heaven's hand with a slab of wall included. The flame didn't flicker off at all, strangely cool despite the way it illuminated the previously dark space in the hall. The only way to go was forward, though at the very farthest point the corridor led to a spiraling staircase.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 15, 2023 02:06:06  #42

Heaven hesitates as she looks down the corridor and staircase. Well, as the mysterious description narrator put it, there is no way to go but forward. That is what she does.

Time

March 15, 2023 03:12:10  #43

"Maybe not, but I'm older. And more right." At least the essence of the argument is there.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 16, 2023 13:14:43  #44

After going up, Heaven would find a corridor that looked exactly the same as the one she had just passed. The one difference is a light breeze that blew through the empty area despite having no windows.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 17, 2023 03:11:14  #45

Heaven looked back and fourth for any sort of other area that could possibly be a source of wind, such as some sort of hidden vent.

She decides to call out, "Hello? Anyone here?" Using her free hand to half-cup her mouth in a cone.

Time

March 17, 2023 17:01:28  #46

"Try me," Jenny said flatly. She wasn't sure how old Lianhuan was. He couldn't have been that old. And anyway, he definitely didn't know that she was a couple centuries old considering he didn't even know she was a vampire. 

March 17, 2023 19:39:01  #47

As soon as the thought of a vent entered Heaven's mind, one of the stones on the wall fell off to reveal a metallic and modern-looking vent. It's high up and not easily reachable.
The sound of the stone falling was the only one in the corridor for a few seconds, at least until the mage spoke out loud. Then, the silence somehow became more prominent, added to the feeling of a faint presence somewhere around. 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 18, 2023 00:30:37  #48

Was the environment reacting to her thoughts? Is that what kind of world this is?? Nevertheless, she will not be investigating that vent. It may as well be a bait.

Heaven looks around herself once again, as the feeling of the presence of another lingers, and the crushing weight of silence grows. Deciding that it would not be best to stay in once place due to possible dangers, she continues a move on down the corridor.

Time

March 18, 2023 02:39:32  #49

(Heaven sus)

"Sure, but we'll do that later."
Guess this'll be interesting to play out...off-screen, that is. Gotta love ambiguity.
"I think we should focus on getting this sorted out first," he reasons, with a serious look on his face.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 18, 2023 16:16:23  #50

((No she's not sus she didn't vent))

The area looks just exactly the same as the one below (save for the vent), lighting up as Heaven walked through until-

"Stop right there."

A monotone voice came from behind Heaven. The torches flickered for a second.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 18, 2023 21:53:36  #51

((Heaven not sus heaven not sus))

Heaven tenses up. Her first reaction was to activate her magic to light up the room, and prepare for battle. However, of course, this could appear threatening to the voice, and she doesn't know how hostile this voice is, nor it's capabilities.

So instead, she decided to do just what the voice demanded. She stops in her tracks, "It's about time I came in contact with someone." She says coolly.

Time

March 20, 2023 17:15:28  #52

"Why are you here?" The question didn't carry any curiosity, falling as flat as a statement. "State your purpose."
A continuous rustle of fabric like lightly fluttering curtains sounded from behind Heaven. No steps or breathing or anything else, though.

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (March 20, 2023 17:15:54)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 21, 2023 02:11:57  #53

"Investigating. A portal of sorts showed up nearby, and I entered, looking to Investigate. That is all." She decided not to reveal anything about the Clocktower or looking for Yvonne. For now. She didn't know what the voice wants.

She also didn't turn around either. The voice didn't say to do anything of the sort.

Time

March 21, 2023 15:12:14  #54

((After this post I'll wait for Lianhuan and Jenny to catch up))

"What is the purpose of the investigation?"

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 21, 2023 16:53:22  #55

Jenny nodded, agreeing with him for once. "We should go ahead and see if we can find anyone else," she said, looking down the path.

March 21, 2023 21:01:14  #56

"Maybe, but if this is a linear path we should come across them," he reasons. "Unless they can go to the sides, which I haven't tried yet," he adds, looking towards the fields at the sides in a funny contrast.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 22, 2023 20:03:56  #57

"Couldn't hurt to follow the path at any rate," Jenny said, looking down at it before starting down it.

March 23, 2023 01:35:09  #58

"But would it help to go towards the sides?" he counters, not moving yet. He's probably confident he can catch up to her when she's traveling by foot.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 27, 2023 17:58:09  #59

"What do you mean by that?" Jenny asked, stopping and turning around. "If anyone else is here they probably followed the path in just like we did."

March 28, 2023 00:58:31  #60

"Nothing really. I can't really be sure of it, but that place in the middle definitely feels like the place where we're expected to go. And for this case, I guess...who was the one who set these expectations? It's just something I've been thinking about," he explains, "and I feel like we won't have much time to think about it if we hurry to the center."
He shakes his head a little and mutters, "Maybe I'm thinking wrong."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera