HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 17, 2023 22:59:22  #1

[@Time @Eliza @Galaxian] The door to the library is slightly open

These days, the Clocktower is as peaceful as ever with everyone minding their own business. At least, that is Yvonne's case. The now-official librarian keeps to herself in the library like most of the time, minding her own things but always open for a little chat or interaction. Of course, her unusual sleep schedule continues as usual, but the library remains as orderly as can be.

So, today, the library door is sliiightly open. It's not completely closed or fully open like other days. Had Yvonne forgotten to properly close it this time?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 18, 2023 17:38:30  #2

Re: [@Time @Eliza @Galaxian] The door to the library is slightly open

((I'm waiting a bit before sending my characters in))

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

February 20, 2023 02:25:14  #3

(Okay, I was waiting for a cue from Eliza to see if she'd start, but I'm not sure if she's waiting or hasn't seen the thread yet. Should I just go?)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

February 20, 2023 12:05:08  #4

(i was waiting for someone else to start ashja)

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

February 20, 2023 13:41:34  #5

((Oh how silly I'll do it loll))

Heaven was doing whatever Heaven does in the Clocktower during more downtime things. Running errands, casting magic experiments for Time, whatever she does, but it looks like at some point she realizes the needs some artifacts from the library. She makes her way to one of the entrances, and notices the door being open.

Knowing Yvonne is someone who closes doors (I'm just assuming she does) Heaven decides to slowly approach the door, and creak it open, peering inside, "Hello? Yvonne?" She calls out in a hushed tone, because, you know, it's a library.

Time

February 22, 2023 18:10:10  #6

((I was about to write more description in case nobody replied but thank you Time haha))

As soon as Heaven pushed the library door, it opened completely in a sudden movement at the same time a soft gust of wind blew onto the mage's face. A dirt path leading somewhere was behind the door instead of books and shelves. It's hard to tell where it led to, since the area was dimmed with dark fog all around, but it certainly doesn't seem to be the library anymore.
What's more puzzling perhaps is the fact that the insides of the area appears to have its own gravity. Backstepping would be a hard thing to do now. The path and its surrounding fog exerted a strong yet not violent pull on Heaven's body. 
Will she go inside willingly and explore, or try to do something else?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 23, 2023 02:06:30  #7

((Yea np))

Seeing the dirt path, the gust of wind, and the dark fog immediately places Heaven on alert. First, she sends out a notification to the other mages, as well as Chronos and Time (probably via some telepathic communication link or magic signal messaging system). She then gazes into the dark fog for a moment of time. Taking a deep breath, she prods the dirt path before taking a full step and venturing within. There's still the issue of finding Yvonne, after all.

Last edited by Time (February 23, 2023 02:08:59)

Time

February 23, 2023 22:58:11  #8

The path has stable ground. A s soon as she stepped inn, the pulling force vanished along with the entrance, thoigh she might not notice that unless she looks behind.
The next time Heaven blinked, she found herswelf in the midst of a wheat field's path. The surroundings are still hard to see in, but the fog is receding and a few twinkling spots of light can be spotted high up in the darkness.
This dirt path may lead somewhere.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 24, 2023 01:56:37  #9

Lianhuan happens to be heading to the library around this time, which is fortunate seeing as Forengardian telepathy doesn't work on him. (Though maybe the messaging system for Clocktower mages isn't telepathic?) In any case, he's holding a longbow for whatever reason and has just reached the library door, whereupon he screeches to a halt, quizzically stares at what he's seeing, and actually doesn't just jump right in. Instead, he backs away two steps and eventually wrestles out a sword, swinging it around three or four times as if testing if the boundary space around the library has changed any.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 24, 2023 10:04:43  #10

Jenny followed up behind Lianhuan, looking quizzically at the dirt path and the fog. "Did you do this?" she demanded.

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

February 24, 2023 16:36:42  #11

Heaven inhaled and studied her new surroundings. Any panic or anxiety setting in would be extremely detrimental.

She looks off into the strange darkness and the small twinkle of lights. Exhaling, she slowly started her path down the road, scanning over the fields and fog

((Totally not making her move slower to give the others time to catch up lol))

Time

February 24, 2023 17:40:10  #12

((Tbh feel free to have your character go in any direction they might want to head in))

There is no change on the outside area of the library, though the same force that affected Heaven began to exert its pull on Lianhuan's sword and arm. Other than that, the door remains open, the path still unchanging and mysterious as seen from outside.

Inside the "library", the obscuring fog dimmed with each step Heaven gave, almost as if the area were accepting her into it. The spots of light increased in number, and finally the fog parted overhead, revealing a myriad of stars in the sky with a shiny cluster that cast a soft violet glow over everything. Although the horizon was still dimmed by an unexplicable grayness, a silhouette of what is presumably a building can be seen through the air. 
The main path continues in that direction, with many other faint beginnings of ways that lead into and disappear into the fields, lacking destination. Ripe, golden wheat covers the surroundings as far as the eye can see except for the single way towards the large silhouette. Everything is silent, the breeze not making a sound save for a light rustle of plants where Heaven stepped.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 24, 2023 17:40:50  #13

(Image for reference, but imagine wheat fields instead of lavender)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 25, 2023 02:11:26  #14

Lianhuan's side look to Jenny pretty much conveys his response ("why would I do something like this? [It involves no ice cream]"). Though, he's first and foremost startled by the space's pull on his arm and so hops back a few steps, staring suspiciously at what they're seeing. 
"This is really weird," he finally states, sheathing his sword but not stepping again towards the door. Looks like he's more cautious about entering foreign spaces than he is about usual situations; in fact, he even decides to create a magic-sourced orb and hold it closer to the space, probably to test if it has any mana-sucking properties to it. In the meantime, he says to Jenny: "And to answer your question, I didn't."
He pauses to check for whatever effect the space might be having on the magic and then adds, "What do you think about this?" 

(@Time - Sorry but my character's gonna do a little talk-no-jutsu lol, feel free to have Heaven move along. I think the others should be able to catch up as long as what Lianhuan's testing doesn't defy my expectations)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 25, 2023 11:41:05  #15

Jenny frowned. "At this point, I've learned the accept that anything can happen here." she sighed, hoisting her broom on her shoulder. "Think we should go inside or nah?"

February 25, 2023 21:43:44  #16

Heaven narrows her eyes at the large silhouettes, as if trying to make them more clearer in view (with probably no success) and starts to move forwards. There was no exit behind her, so the only way is forward, right?

While walking, she holds up her hand, snapping a few times to see if any magical sparks of flame were created. She wanted to know if her magic was still operational in an unknowing location like this.

Time

February 26, 2023 01:45:05  #17

"Not right now." The words bring a grimace to Lianhuan's face--a rare feature if you will. Nonetheless, he sighs audibly and takes another step back again. It seems even he's picked up on just which mage this occurrence might be related to. 
"At least that's what I think. Maybe we should wait to make sure the others at least know this is here, so they can look for us if something happens."
Despite his more responsible tone, it seems his words really just cut down to him waiting for some kind of approval, from Jenny or otherwise.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 26, 2023 21:41:41  #18

The pull dissappears as soon as Lianhuan steps away. He wasn't as close as Heaven had been to the door, so it was an easy task to get away from the pulling force. As for the orb of magic, it began to elongate ever so slightly, apparently not immune to the mysterious space's properties. The effect isn't as noticeable as it was on more solid things, or one's body.
At the moment, Lianhuan and Jenny are standing far enough that they're not affected by the space within the library.

Heaven can make out the shape of a large structure without much detail plus some shapes floating in mid air and some trees on the ground. As she approaches, extra silhouettes appear. This time they look house-shaped, much smaller in comparison to the larger, more imposing one.
The mage's flame sparks vanished into the atmosphere within a moment of being created save for a larger one, which lasted for a full three seconds before dissipating. Magic works; however, it feels like using it would need more energy than usual.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 28, 2023 02:30:47  #19

Interesting. Longer effect times, but more energy to use. It will certainly require some getting used to. Hopefully she won't have to though, as in she hopes her visit will be brief. In and out.

Heaven continues on her way down the path, taking a mental note of the silhouettes and what seems to be a small town down the line. As per usual, staying ever vigilant.

Last edited by Time (February 28, 2023 02:31:04)

Time

March 1, 2023 19:36:18  #20

The nearest silhouettes cleared up, showing that the road passed between two houses and then led through an array of other houses with little frontyard gardens and a couple wooden structures. The area didn't look overpopulated, with a generous amount of space between each house. Also, the wheat around the path was getting sparse the closer it was to the houses. Up ahead it's even visible how the fields stop altogether just a ways off the medieval-sect-looking "neighborhood". As Heaven approaches, echoes of lively birdsong reach her ears.
It seems she's still too far to make sense of what the larger silhouette is. However, for a second that she looked away, it appeared to take the shape of the Clocktower from the outside. The notion disappeared as soon as the mage's attention fully went back to the silhouette.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 2, 2023 01:55:14  #21

(As a note, I'm waiting for Eliza!)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 2, 2023 09:53:28  #22

(hsgjdiufkghja whoop--)

Jenny looked back into the doorway from Lianhuan. "I mean, that'd be the safest option..." she smirked slightly. "But we never do anything safe here, right? What if the others don't come back?" she lowered her voice dramatically at the last sentence.

March 3, 2023 03:33:43  #23

“Then one of us goes in and the other makes sure they come.” He looks at her pointedly, probably because he knows she’s trying to scare him, but his face eventually breaks into his usual grin.
“So who’s going to be the turtle? You?”
As an explanation, “turtle” in Chinese is connected to the saying “缩头乌龟,” quite literally “turtle ducking its head back into its shell.” So basically a coward, but in a joking way.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 4, 2023 03:30:47  #24

What a peculiar but ominous place... was her eyes playing a sort of trick on her, or was that actually the Clocktower? Nevertheless,  she continues on, looking left and right, studying the houses and gardens for any sign of human life. Could she even spot the birds making the song?

She traveled down towards the large silhouette, thinking about how she would report this back to her superiors.

Time

March 4, 2023 11:52:10  #25

"Pfft, no." Jenny said, smirking good-naturedly. "Looks like the turtle's gonna be you," then she ducked into the doorway and disappeared into the mist.

March 5, 2023 23:04:14  #26

((Wanna know for sure if Lianhuan will go in or not before I continue narrating)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 7, 2023 02:05:18  #27

(Sorry about this, I needed some time to think but probably did not use it wisely)

Lianhuan, although not necessarily surprised, stares into the empty space where the girl had been before eventually shaking his head. "Young people these days," he complains under his breath.
Jenny has then has some time to scout out the surroundings, since he goes halfway around the Clocktower just to make sure that he leaves a note on their whereabouts before he eventually makes his way into the space as well. Ooh, Jenny's in trouble.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 7, 2023 21:19:32  #28

No birds visible in sight for Heaven. The chirps stopped the further in she went through the path. At some point, noises of clucking came from a nearby chicken pen, but closer inspection revealed it was empty. Other than that, everything else is silent.
The large outline became clearer at last. It appears that the houses are all built with it as the town's center. As for the building itself, from up close Heaven can see that it's a ruined structure of stone. Parts of its top are suspended in mid-air as if gravity froze before they were allowed to fall to the ground. Aside from that, the decorative carvings and pillars on the structure are reminiscent of a forgotten, imposing temple.
Some debris is around and the path stops here as well. The next destination would be the open gate entrance up ahead. Strangely enough, books and feathers are strewn at its sides.

For Jenny and Lianhuan, their entrance had a similar effect to Heaven's as described in the beginning, each in their own moment. The obscuring fog parted gradually in front of their eyes to reveal the otherwordly scenery of the place. This time, the path they're on is "paved" with book pages. And if they were to look back at where they came from, they'd find no doorway and no entrance. The path and wheat stretch far behind them now.

Just as reference: the place where Heaven started off is directly opposite from where the other pair entered and is at rn. The characters don't know this, obvs, but if they go straight towards the town center (temple silhouette) they'll probably meet there. Also if they want to explore the area or enter the houses or anything else it's fine as well, I have descriptions ready for that case.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 8, 2023 01:20:26  #29

The mage's rather composed expression (which is rather goofy, if the narrator may add) belies his actual thoughts. On one end, he's itching to explore this place's strange scenery. On the other, the paved road feels uncanny to him. Maybe he's just thinking about how he'd be punished for walking on top of literal book pages. Maybe
First catch up with Jenny, and then...well, they'd go over that later. Focusing on the notion, he springs atop his sword and flies above the wheat fields.
Looks like he ended up straying from the path after all.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 8, 2023 09:41:52  #30

Jenny looked down at the path curiously, crouching down to see if perhaps the books could be opened up. Wonderful priorities, Jenny.

Board footera