HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 24, 2023 05:23:36  #31

Re: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA- ash rambling about random stuff

thinking about my silly ghost. do you think mint could grow in purple soul ice

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAaaaaand i've reverted. Yay! there was too much sand in my lungs, anyways.
I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.
refer to me in the same manner the french refer to flesh.

okay that's all i'm going to cast divine skeleton bone blast now

January 25, 2023 00:33:36  #32

oh right i invented a whole soul and magic system that're intertwined. i'm not explaining tonight because it's midnight and a half but Soon.

I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.

January 25, 2023 00:44:55  #33

my eyes are fixed

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

January 26, 2023 12:14:02  #34

okay so i was sleeping like all of yesterday, it is time for the system explanation

January 26, 2023 12:24:52  #35

so first, souls. they are akin to the strings puppeting a material body, as well as containing the full and true mind of an individual. While chemical energy and such provide the energy to move your body, the soul provides thought to use it. all things that can think to any degree and live contain a soul. throughout the lifetime of the individual, their soul is disconnected from the planes of energy, realms both below and above the standard material one and function as afterlives of sorts, and does not use or provide energy.

however, magic is inherently connected to the soul. chunks of magic are, for currently undecided reasons, stuck onto most souls. the chunks vary in size, and overuse can cause them to "die", rendering the soul lacking. due to these two facts, some people have a natural affinity for magic, while others cannot make use of it at all. to channel magic into spells and wills, the soul pushes some of the energy to the body, which has to use chemical energy to make use of the magic since material vessels are not effecient at conducting magic.

January 26, 2023 12:29:59  #36

because of the varying nature of both souls and magic, most people that use it will develop affinities for specific kinds of magic. some will be great at healing or boosting physical properties, some can whip up a fire storm and control it to the most minute scale but cannot speed the growth of an apple, etc. etc.

Training magic in this system is not becoming more powerful, but rather honing the skill of using it. most people can throw a fireball, but trained pyromancers are capable of changing the direction it is flying, cause it to stop midair, force it to cease, etc. etc.

January 26, 2023 12:34:58  #37

now, the afterlives i mentioned earlier.

After death, one thing will occur to the soul. It will be moved to a different plane of reality, either made of energy or being reincarnated on another material realm. contact between the material planes is wholly impossible otherwise, however portions of souls in the energy realms can be called down and become a ghost

Last edited by AshTheAvaricious (January 26, 2023 12:42:52)

January 26, 2023 12:42:11  #38

souls sent to an energy plane after the death of their material body cannot be reincarnated without interference from outside sources, and cannot fully leave otherwise. they can harvest the infinite energy of the planes, which causes them to be leaps and bounds more powerful than any living being. However, this power has to be focused into a much smaller amount in order to project a portion of the soul into material worlds.

January 26, 2023 13:00:38  #39

Despite that, it is rare for a soul to be able to transport itself between realms, as despite functionally having infinite power, said power stills needs to be directed properly and with a powerful will.

People who've honed their capabilities in manipulating the soul instead of a material element can summon ghosts, and bind them via connecting them to a material object. this is typically considered taboo and heinous, unless the ghost had previously agreed to do something for the summoner/somebody commissioning the summoner at some point in the past. however this usually will not grant the summoner control of the spirit, unless their souls are linked through one method or another

January 26, 2023 13:11:40  #40

There has been one exception to the rule of the afterlives, and that is Lanuri. this is because very rarely, souls will have a unique property that lets them utilize magic in a way that literally nobody else can. lanuri has the gift of mirroring, which made his soul malleable and gave them the ability to copy his material form to obtain the skills of the connected indivual. it will also change his soul itself to copy that of the other's. and they used it on a ghost, which caused their soul to devour his physical form and take its place. this made them become unbound by all realms, and granted lanuri the capability to freely travel between all planes of reality, as well as being able to utilize his magic to the fullest extent. this came with the drawback of lanuri not having unlimited energy to fuel their soul, and thus still requiring sustenance and inactive periods.

January 26, 2023 14:55:24  #41

have i shared this song https://youtu.be/irauEWRYbSE

it has heavy pre-dust darkest devout energy me thinks

January 26, 2023 15:03:45  #42

most specifically

"The night is mine, mine, mine
I will worship as I bleed"
which is not the actual lyric but it's what i hear. the wrong part is that bleed is apparently please.

anyways, after her reimprisonment, dd could only worship at night, when the slavers had no use of it, and while recovering from whatever wrathful act they cursed it with during the day. the night became theirs, and she worshipped while it bled.

January 26, 2023 15:06:27  #43

also

"Guide me from this hell of hope. And bind me with your holy rope"
and
"Cut me with your vicious tongue, Make me taste what I've become. The violence, the violence, the perfect prayer"

January 28, 2023 04:14:46  #44

i should find a way to make ash relevant. is there a plot they can appear in, besides the anatina thing. i have an idea for how ash could be helpful for when the status quo is being debated once more in that kingdom.

January 28, 2023 05:50:35  #45

oh right i'm used to just being like "hehe i have ideas. never elaborating btw"

ash could be relevant in felix taking back the kingdom, mostly because he's a god but also because they're uniquely suited for endless violence. but mainly, ash could be made relevant because, as far as i can remember, ash is the only person who has won against dust. others, like ark, have managed to drive it off with severe costs; but those are situations where nobody wins. everybody is moderately to severely injured, etc. etc.

ash on the other hand, has had a solid victory against dust. which makes sense, dust has basically only fought mortals and non-combat deities, and also ark. it's also thoroughly bullied crimson with ease in a burning forest while he tried to preach morals to it like a shonen protagonist. but ark has only managed to drive it off after several minutes of trying to hit it in a way that matters, the mortals have basically only been toyed with, crimson's special thing was nullified by dust just eating his energy before he could weaponize it, and the noncombat deities just didn't stand much of a chance.

January 28, 2023 05:56:00  #46

semi-related, but if you read this ishmael is there a canon place where orphos gets the masks? because if not, i think it'd be fun if he found the wolf mask embraced in ancient shadows. shadows willed into form by a will far too old to need such a small trinket for devouring, as the shade removed from time does not follow its progression.

January 28, 2023 05:57:42  #47

also i want to introduce shadow hell as a realm to ggad, so who wants to be on THE *clap* WHEEL *clap* Of *clap* HOORRRRRROOORRRSSS?!?!!!!

January 28, 2023 06:18:56  #48

Orphos canonically received the key three's masks from The Raccoon, but The Raccoon does not work for Orphos if that makes sense. Raccoon is the one who makes the masks and he happened to sell those ones to Orphos. The Masked Ones picked up The Raccoon and he was just kind of chillin with them as long as they let him make things. With the Masked Ones functionally disbanded/inactive (Jackal ran off with the Eagle to lick his wounds and the Hyena is AWOL), The Raccoon is making Firebeasts for Shiloh on some random chain of volcanic islands, which is something I haven't officially introduced yet but I've mentioned a couple times.

Also sign me up for the Wheel of Horrors!!! Is it like an afterlife thing or just a spooky name?

Shayfer James absolutely slaps btw, I have some of his songs on character playlists all over the place

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

January 28, 2023 12:49:07  #49

so what you're saying is that orphos got the three main masks from the raccoon, whom makes all of them. but that doesn't mean that he got all of them from the raccoon directly.

shadow hell is not an afterlife, it's dust's territory in its realm of shades. there's things outside of shadow hell, such as an entire universe filled with people who've never seen light, but that probably won't be relevant because dust controls everything in its territory. also when dust pulls back the facade of a coherent realm, shadow hell is very, very hungry. and it will devour all of you if given half a chance.

January 28, 2023 12:51:31  #50

also shadow hell is the only place where dust can be properly killed(when killed elsewhere it will just go back to shadow hell and heal for a couple hours to a few weeks), which means it's very careful to never steal anybody that could threaten it there. which means ark is banned from the hungry hungry darkness

January 28, 2023 21:15:36  #51

that's really cool

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

January 29, 2023 10:24:34  #52

yeah there's three main traits of dust that are always consistent, and they are: hunger, wrath, and darkness

January 29, 2023 10:27:31  #53

but just as loki is not a god of lies, nor zeus a god of one-night stands, dust is not a god of hunger or wrath. it is a god of theft, punishment, and shades

January 30, 2023 02:24:38  #54

I read that post on characters vs Dust and I though that Crimson definitely is just like a Shonen protag.

Anyways as said before. I'm down for the spooky shadow place, just contemplating who to use. Like the idea a lot as well!

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

January 30, 2023 12:43:08  #55

crimson is a shonen protagonist who doesn't realize he's not in a shonen anime currently, which means that he's one of the only things dust and ash have ever agreed on(they think he's lame)

January 30, 2023 12:47:26  #56

to clarify, dust thinks crimson is lame as in he sucks at actually using what power he has, and ash thinks he's lame because he's a poor guest

January 30, 2023 23:06:09  #57

i know it'd be way too overpowered, but imagine if dust could absorb light energy. like this shade is fucking eating the sun

January 31, 2023 01:35:29  #58

om nom nom

Call me Ishmael.

January 31, 2023 20:27:10  #59

thinking about making a god of beasts and blood

January 31, 2023 20:35:30  #60

my ideas thus far: its blood is like the old wolf of farron's blood, where drinking it is basically being blessed by the god. the only drawback to the consumption would be losing some higher brain functions, and thus magical capabilities, fortunately the beast's blood would grant strength and speed; further sight and teeth and claws.

the beast would be worshipped much like pan in ancient greece, having very few temples constructed; followers finding its sacred halls to be that of caverns and trees. it'd be prayed to for good hunting, to drive beasts from farms, and for strong blood(strong blood basically being stronger resistance to disease and a long lineage/bloodline). i could see a common ceremonial symbol/weapon being a bloodletting knife carved from bones.

Board footera