GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 10, 2023 12:24:05  #91

Re: [PLOT - Domain of Flowers] - 0: In a Land Overlooked by the Pantheon..

Ishmael wrote:

raaaaaaa im so behind))

wolffighting2768 wrote:

"Don't worry about it.  We cannot stop the slow dripping of corruption and darkness into mans heart, neither mortal or immortal is safe from such a plague.  And I can't enchant things, it's just a small offer.  I understand the caution.  And I do know quite a bit of people.  I'm born of blood that is not of this world.  Flare, Cor and I are from Arithnia, an alternative timeline and world.  Flare and I came here on orders of the High Council, a sort of pantheon if you wish, to come and watch and support him.  They brought him here to help him learn more about what it means to be more human since that's a trait he lacks severely now.  I'm here because I am a sort of vessel to bring out special weapons for Crimson to use and it helps him use and control more of his...chaotic power...I guess to call it.  Flare is here to act as a heat sink for Crimson but to also make sure no one gets killed because of him.  Cor has...committed some really severe acts of war and all that...but it wasn't on purpose.  He's a bit...broken mentally I guess to say.  I could tell ya a lot more but I'm kinda takin' up time for you aren't I?"

Shiloh smiled ruefully. "I used to know someone like that. Though I think he got too soft. Humanity isn't everything, you know. How is your Crimson think he's going to win something like this if he can't kill anyone? He's got an advantage here. If he achieves divinity through an Ambrosia Flower and you all return to your... timeline, you won't have to deal with the consequences of his actions here. Assuming divinity transfers across timelines. Though I don't think I'm qualified to answer that myself."

"Divinity?  Ambrosia flower?  That's what all of this is about?  If he knew that's what this is all about he would either wish us back home, have more stability over his power or use the wish on a sandwich.  He's not exactly the sharpest tool in the forge now.  And he doesn't exactly need to achieve divinity, he already is.  Er well, that's a slight lie.  Cor is in possession of a Emperor Soul shard.  This shard is the core of a man who once raised Cor when he was being experimented on.  The only members of the Council approached him and gave him power over and total control over the mind of mere man and animal.  He was asked to use this power to bring a sort of order to the world to set up a base for the Kyngs to move in and build on top of the ground already set.  When Leonidas died, his soul was given to Crimson and the rest of us -- The Scarlet Guard -- as the Council calls us.  So with each of us having a shard, we don't control minds or actions, but we are able to keep ourselves connected and prevent us from being lost.  As well as receiving a slight boost to our abilities and power.  But Cor also has blessings and curses from the Council, so being divinity is the last thing he would want .

(I have no idea how the quoting thing works so if this does work, I'm a freaking genius.)

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I do change this siggy often too. 

January 10, 2023 13:58:33  #92

Ishmael wrote:

"I can definitely do that," Orphos replied. "And yes, it would be up to you. Any particular preference on your gadget? Necklace? Ring? Sword? Rusty screw? I've got just about everything."

"Necklace sounds good, preferably small and light. Something easy to hide y'know."

Time wrote:

"Maybe she has a grudge against him. Or maybe he has to repay her. Maybe he's important to an ally of hers." Arcan theorizes, "Maybe we should ask him when we meet him. If we ever do. Do you think he'll be participating?"

"Hmm maybe." Marsh responds, not quite paying attention, "Nemesis told me he's a participant, but nothing else really." Currently, they're actually just a few blocks away from Patil's location, but even a few blocks is hard to see through with the amount of people who are milling about.

((The plan is, (bc I'm actual trash at planning) just make marsh go in circles until the deal is done lol))

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
----------------------------------------
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

January 10, 2023 14:10:38  #93

Ark sips his drink and smiles. "I'm gonna stack on that bet. I think you're both gonna be wrong, and something unexpected is going to happen. We are dealing with god flowers, after all."

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

January 10, 2023 17:07:56  #94

Chronos raised her eyebrows, getting a very shrewd look on her face. "You're planning something again, aren't you?"

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

January 10, 2023 22:48:23  #95

Time wrote:

Alethea halts for a moment, "You enjoy it? Any life for the right price?" She looks to focus more on H. Eyeing her decaying eye and trails of smoke.

"The money is nice, sure, but...it's all I know, anyway," H replies evenly. "I don't know how to do anything else, and I'm good at it. Why would I stop?"

xenon 
he/him || 19 || god of scones || your local rebel noble gas

January 11, 2023 02:21:01  #96

Time shakes his head, "I'm not planning anything. I think this is a process that needs to be as natural as possible. If I'm not allowed down there, then I won't be. As for Ark though..." he looks to the other magic god, gauging his reaction.

---

xenon wrote:

"The money is nice, sure, but...it's all I know, anyway," H replies evenly. "I don't know how to do anything else, and I'm good at it. Why would I stop?"

Alethea continues to look upon H, and her gentle smile reappears upon her face, "Very well then." She stays quiet for a moment once again, her eyes studying the assassin, then asks her, "What is the smoke that follows you?"

Last edited by Time (January 11, 2023 02:23:39)

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

January 11, 2023 05:45:09  #97

“Whaaat? Me, plan something? Unspeakable! In all seriousness though, I don’t intend to mess with this. My powers have been acting a bit weirder lately, and I don’t want to accidentally go overboard and trigger-“ He pauses for a second and goes silent. “Point is I’m not planning anything. Let’s just enjoy the mortals fighting!”

Axel
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

January 11, 2023 09:25:53  #98

Chronos laughed. "I get the feeling that we're going to be involved whether we like it or not."

"I know I am!" Naiyan said, waving her hand in the air. "I'm supposed to be involved! I think."

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

January 11, 2023 17:37:25  #99

Time frowns at Ark, then looks to Naiyan, "How will you be commentating? I was assuming you'll be broadcasting to those outside."

Last edited by Time (January 11, 2023 17:37:36)

Time

January 12, 2023 12:45:52  #100

"I dunno," Naiyan replied, shrugging. "But I'll figure it out!" she added brightly.

January 12, 2023 23:13:48  #101

Time stares at Naiyan for a small moment, a hint of a quizzical look on his face, before replying, "If you say so."

Time

January 13, 2023 02:29:37  #102

Time wrote:

Alethea continues to look upon H, and her gentle smile reappears upon her face, "Very well then." She stays quiet for a moment once again, her eyes studying the assassin, then asks her, "What is the smoke that follows you?"

"Part of my curse," H replies. "Something about a reminder to follow me everywhere I go. It's very annoying in an enclosed space." 

X mutters something like you can say that again under his breath. 

xenon 

January 13, 2023 08:43:55  #103

Ozark nods. "I can see how that would be irritating. Any of you know when this thing is supposed to start?"

Axel
I aten't dead

January 13, 2023 10:43:58  #104

Time wrote:

Time stares at Naiyan for a small moment, a hint of a quizzical look on his face, before replying, "If you say so."

Naiyan grinned, rocking back and forth in her chair absentmindedly.

January 13, 2023 22:33:55  #105

ThreePunchAxel wrote:

Ozark nods. "I can see how that would be irritating. Any of you know when this thing is supposed to start?"

Alethea shakes her head, "I do not know. But I feel it'll be soon. Surely it's been enough time."

"Say, when it does start, it would be favorable to have some allies. Yes? What do you say? The four of us?" She looks between Ozark, H, and X, and after a bit of hesitation, she says, "Well, at lest the three of us. You've been very quiet X, are you participating?"

Time

January 13, 2023 22:38:37  #106

X looks up and says, "If only to aid her," and gestures to H. "I have no need for a flower myself."

xenon 

January 14, 2023 18:01:05  #107

"Hm." She nods, "So, How about it? Ozark? H?" she brings it up again.

((I suppose we'll start soon just wanting to give time for Ish and Marsh to wrap up the deal))

Last edited by Time (January 14, 2023 18:02:07)

Time

January 16, 2023 08:51:07  #108

Ozark shrugs. "Why not."

Axel
I aten't dead

January 17, 2023 13:06:07  #109

"Great!" Alethea smiles.

((Let's give it a bit of time, and if no development, we start))

Time

January 21, 2023 06:25:28  #110

wolffighting2768 wrote:

"Divinity?  Ambrosia flower?  That's what all of this is about?  If he knew that's what this is all about he would either wish us back home, have more stability over his power or use the wish on a sandwich.  He's not exactly the sharpest tool in the forge now.  And he doesn't exactly need to achieve divinity, he already is.  Er well, that's a slight lie.  Cor is in possession of a Emperor Soul shard.  This shard is the core of a man who once raised Cor when he was being experimented on.  The only members of the Council approached him and gave him power over and total control over the mind of mere man and animal.  He was asked to use this power to bring a sort of order to the world to set up a base for the Kyngs to move in and build on top of the ground already set.  When Leonidas died, his soul was given to Crimson and the rest of us -- The Scarlet Guard -- as the Council calls us.  So with each of us having a shard, we don't control minds or actions, but we are able to keep ourselves connected and prevent us from being lost.  As well as receiving a slight boost to our abilities and power.  But Cor also has blessings and curses from the Council, so being divinity is the last thing he would want."

Shiloh, ever a woman of secrets, was inwardly cringing at the sheer amount of information this near-stranger was offering about her competition. Still, who was she to pass up on some free intel? "That is uh, quite interesting," she replied. "Your Cor certainly sounds like a handful."

|xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx|

Silverphoenix580 wrote:

"Necklace sounds good, preferably small and light. Something easy to hide y'know."

Orphos grinned. With a rather needlessly dramatic flourish of a magician performing a sleight-of-hand, a silver chain necklace appeared in his hand. It had a small, delicate pendant of a stylized eye that had some polished citrine inlaid as a pupil. "The guy I got this from said the crystal's supposed to attract wealth and prosperity. I don't believe in that stuff, but if it's actually true, you can have that for free, I guess."

He stuck out his other hand for the mortal to shake. "We got a deal?"

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Bones are creaky, knees weak, voice is squeaky

January 21, 2023 12:21:09  #111

Ishmael wrote:

Shiloh, ever a woman of secrets, was inwardly cringing at the sheer amount of information this near-stranger was offering about her competition. Still, who was she to pass up on some free intel? "That is uh, quite interesting," she replied. "Your Cor certainly sounds like a handful."

Fang stayed silent for a moment and sighed.  "Don't think any of this will work to your advantage.  Cor can still kick butt even without us.  So if you're planning on using this to your advantage, have fun learning it the hard way.  And we may be of another world, but this doesn't mean we don't have our own fair share of secrets.  On top of myself and Flare aiding Cor too.  Be careful what you think will work to your advantage." she replied almost grimly, as if she knew where all this would lead, or that something like this has happened before

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I do change this siggy often too. 

January 21, 2023 19:14:19  #112

Ishmael wrote:

Orphos grinned. With a rather needlessly dramatic flourish of a magician performing a sleight-of-hand, a silver chain necklace appeared in his hand. It had a small, delicate pendant of a stylized eye that had some polished citrine inlaid as a pupil. "The guy I got this from said the crystal's supposed to attract wealth and prosperity. I don't believe in that stuff, but if it's actually true, you can have that for free, I guess."

He stuck out his other hand for the mortal to shake. "We got a deal?"

Patil eyes the necklace with some skepticism, but still took Orphos hand and gave a firm shake. "Wealth and prosperity huh." He repeats, musing over the words. He took the chain and clasped it around his neck, tucking the pendant safely under the collar of his shirt. "Thanks, I'll see what I can do with it." 

As the exchange ends, Marsh, in a totally-not-planned-at-all-by-anyone manner, spots a head of messy black hair. They flew over the the figure and gently tapped them on the shoulder, fingers crossed that they finally found the right person. 

Patil startles, immediately turning to face whoever had just managed to sneak up on him. He was expecting maybe Crimson, or some of the other relatively friendly competitors but he was not expecting to see a complete stranger. "Uhh, do I know you?"

"Nope!" The deity chirped, "I'm Marsh, Nemesis sent me to look after you."

"Right, Nemesis." He scoffs, his eyes land on Arcan, "And you? You're here for Nemesis as well?"

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

January 22, 2023 00:08:05  #113

wolffighting2768 wrote:

Fang stayed silent for a moment and sighed.  "Don't think any of this will work to your advantage.  Cor can still kick butt even without us.  So if you're planning on using this to your advantage, have fun learning it the hard way.  And we may be of another world, but this doesn't mean we don't have our own fair share of secrets.  On top of myself and Flare aiding Cor too.  Be careful what you think will work to your advantage." she replied almost grimly, as if she knew where all this would lead, or that something like this has happened before.

The nymph’s expression turned cold. “I would mind your tongue if I were you. Your confidence in him may prove to be foolishly placed. There are many here, not just me, with secrets and motives of their own. Events like these tend to bring in the worst Forengard has to offer. I doubt anyone will come out of this unscathed.”

With that, she turned away from Fang and disappeared into the crowd.

|xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx|

Silverphoenix580 wrote:

Patil eyes the necklace with some skepticism, but still took Orphos hand and gave a firm shake. "Wealth and prosperity huh." He repeats, musing over the words. He took the chain and clasped it around his neck, tucking the pendant safely under the collar of his shirt. "Thanks, I'll see what I can do with it."

“Don’t worry about returning it to me, it’ll find its way back eventually,” the god said. “And if you die in this thing, I will be looting it off your body.” 

He listened quietly as Marsh spoke to Patil. It seemed like the latter was important enough that others were also looking out for him. Perhaps Orphos would keep an eye on him during the event as well, so long as something more interesting wasn’t happening.

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

January 22, 2023 15:06:48  #114

Silverphoenix580 wrote:

"Right, Nemesis." He scoffs, his eyes land on Arcan, "And you? You're here for Nemesis as well?"

"Uh, well, no." she shakes her head, "I really don't even know who Nemesis is. I'm here just to stick with Marsh. As well as to compete. I'm Arcan." she hesitates on deciding or not to outstretch her hand to shake.

"Who's that?" She looks quizzically to Orphos, peering over Patil's shoulder, "He looks sketchy."

Time

January 22, 2023 20:42:49  #115

((I figured I should do this as well. We can plan more on the planning thread, but I'll just write a little signal))

As time passed in the surrounding town, the the already tense atmosphere, tightened even more as an ominous low sound rumbled out from further in the Domain of Flowers. A low growl that sounded similar to a horn, but not an exact copy. It was as if it was a signal to all that it was time to finally decide to step in, or to step out, and to make their way towards the threshold and the boarder of the domain.

Time

January 24, 2023 01:34:12  #116

Shiloh looked up sharply as the sound rolled through the domain. "That sounds promising," she muttered to herself. She quickly turned into an owl and flew over to the threshold. She didn't know who all was participating, and it was probably best she lay low, at least at the beginning.

|xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx|

Orphos frowned a little at the comment. "I'm Orphos." That was all he got out before he was interrupted by the hornlike sound. "Looks like the party's starting."

Call me Ishmael.

January 24, 2023 06:01:21  #117

Ark peers down at the city, then summons a few more chairs. "It looks like it's starting. Let's watch the fun!"

####################

Ozark rises from where he was crouched on the ground. "It must be starting. Let's go."

Axel
I aten't dead

January 24, 2023 23:54:58  #118

Time looks to Naiyan, "Looks like you're up." He looks down upon the mortal crowds, eyeing the few figures starting their way towards the threshold. He then looks to Chronos, "You should take a seat, I think this may be a while."

-----

Arcan looked at Orphos for a moment, as if trying to remember if she heard the name anywhere, but as the horn sounded, she gave a look that said that she wished she could talk a bit longer, "Are you participating?" She asks, tugging the straps of her gear and lightly touching the fletchings of her arrows, likely in anticipation or nervousness.

-----

I would say that Alethea smiles as she looks to Ozark, but that's already her default face. "Let us find who is who." She starts her way towards the center of the town, where the entrance awaits.

Time

January 25, 2023 15:13:57  #119

Time wrote:

Arcan looked at Orphos for a moment, as if trying to remember if she heard the name anywhere, but as the horn sounded, she gave a look that said that she wished she could talk a bit longer, "Are you participating?" She asks, tugging the straps of her gear and lightly touching the fletchings of her arrows, likely in anticipation or nervousness.

Patil loudly clears his throat, cutting in abruptly. "Hey, why don't we make our way over to the domain, I'm sure the competition is starting soon." He nods his head towards the general direction of that loud rumbling sound.

Marsh's gaze bounces between Patil and Orphos, trying to figure out what was going on.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

January 26, 2023 12:35:54  #120

Arcan nods to Patil, "I guess. Are you ready to go?"

((I suppose we run this thread a bit longer and then move onto another thread or do a small time skip until everyone stands at the entrance))

Time

Board footera