HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 29, 2022 02:09:50  #91

Re: [Intro] A city filled with trade...

Well, up and off.

Arcan stands and starts to walk, taking alleyways and other backends to avoid the bustling of the crowds and any attention that may be drawn from carrying a sack of money around.

It seems the walk to wherever Arcan is going to might take a while, maybe 20, 30 minutes? Would Crimson like to pipe up at all to break the silence? For most of the walk, Arcan is silent. He too can stay silent and just past the time walking if he wishes, of course.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

November 29, 2022 11:10:38  #92

"Is your name derived from Arcana magic?  And why are you so against being a thief?  Clearly you hold some decent level of skill."

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I do change this siggy often too. 

November 29, 2022 19:10:27  #93

Arcan shakes her head, though she keeps facing forwards towards where they are heading, "I hadn't really thought of the origins of my name, but I suppose arcana may be one. Although, I'm not very good with magic, to be honest. My mother decided on the name though."

Last edited by Time (November 30, 2022 01:42:23)

Time

November 29, 2022 20:24:50  #94

"Back at my home, I've read a good number of book that speak of names and words holding magical powers.  It's possible that could be the case.  But I'm a blind man with one good arm, what would I know." he jestered. 

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

November 30, 2022 01:44:45  #95

((Bro the last sentence be very confusing since it's missing a subject I just went and edited it))

"Maybe... maybe..." She thinks on it, "I think I'll look into it sometime. I just always viewed the word as my name, and nothing more. The word is mine and mine alone... does that make any sense?"

Time

November 30, 2022 09:49:40  #96

((I was hoping you would catch that XD)) 

"Aye, I get it.  My name personally isn't mine at all.  It was more or le  ss inspired...by a certain group I was in." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

December 2, 2022 02:16:19  #97

"I assume you'd not wish to go further into it? The past of others can be a very private thing, after all."

Time

December 2, 2022 21:29:22  #98

"It's a story for another time that is all.  It's a small piece that is apart of a different puzzle.  Much like how I am here.  For what reason I know not.  And can you hand my a branch?  Any size will do." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

December 3, 2022 19:14:02  #99

She looks around for a stick, and spots one. It's a wooden pole among other wood pieces, left unattended on the side of a building. To her, it seems like it's just been left behind and forgotten, so hopefully nobody, especially Crimson, would make a fuss out of her taking it.

She swiftly snatches it up and holds it out to him, "Here you go."

Time

December 3, 2022 23:31:00  #100

Crimson takes the stick and leans on it.  "Makeshift cane.  My Limiter isn't in good shape and it's not exactly going to make the guards happy if I have a mechanically magic arm in their presence I bet...." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

December 7, 2022 01:04:17  #101

Arcan eyes Crimson for a moment, then turns around, "Alright. Let's go then."

Time

December 8, 2022 15:48:49  #102

"Lead the way.  You know your way around better than I do." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

December 11, 2022 03:24:20  #103

Arcan nods and turns around to do so.

After walking for some time once again, they exit the alleyways and arrive at a guard post located on a somewhat busy street. It's a citadel tower about 3 stories tall and made of weathered brick walls.

She stares and shifts on her feet for a bit before looking back at Crimson, "We're here."

Time

December 12, 2022 22:03:41  #104

"How old is this place?" Crimson placed his hand on the brick and muttered to himself.  "This doesn't feel like any stone I've ever known.  Then again, another world.  But it almost feels too old..." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

December 13, 2022 01:33:18  #105

Arcan shrugs, "I wouldn't know. I assume this city has a long history. Maybe this one is just one of their old outposts."

She approaches one of the guards standing outside, hesitates for a bit, and then says, "Excuse me?" hefting and adjusting the sack behind her which made a slight clink.

"What is it?" The guard asks, his voice gruff, but overall neutral.

Time

December 17, 2022 10:54:07  #106

Crimson watched the sack and hesitated for a moment.  "We'd like to return some money that was recently stolen."

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

December 19, 2022 21:01:10  #107

The guard raises his brow, "We were aware of some sort of robbery in the trade district."

Arcan looks to the man, "Yes, this is the coin."

"Where's the thief now? What happened to them?" He asks, almost immediately after Arcan answers.

Time

December 21, 2022 03:02:13  #108

"There is no clear indication of a thief.  I had tracked and found them earlier, but they surrendered the gold and themselves to me.  I had the thief pay in other means in addition to the stolen money.  So there is little need to get a higher authority involved.  Regardless of status, the money is here, down to the last coin.  If any problems arise from this I shall take full responsibility on my part for executing judgement as I saw fit."   Crimson told the guard, rather boldly.    

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

December 22, 2022 03:40:38  #109

The Guard sighed, and responded with his gruff voice, "I admit you've done a great service to us by returning what was stolen. You have saved us a lot of time an effort" He nods to affirm his point, "But we can't accept your supposed sentencing for the thief. They enacted a crime in our city, so they must be punished in accordance to our law and authority."

Arcan hands the guard the sack, to which he hefts it to another nearby guard, who takes it away, probably to a secure place to await its return. Other members of the city watch gather as well to listen in.

The guard shifts to lean more on his spear, "Do you remember where you last saw the thief? Do you have a description? We're looking to take them in to be punished by our own rules."

"If there's someone left to punish. Of course." He adds.

Time

December 22, 2022 11:26:49  #110

"With all due respect, I am a deity of Judgement.  Your law is neither above or below my own.  On equal ground the thief is both of us.  Guilty on my part by accommodation.  But under no law or right should you take it upon yourself to punish a petty thief that has been caught.  Imprisonment is the best and only thing to place us in.  Nothing more or less.  We are not murderers, but two people trying to get around."

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Board footera