GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 18, 2022 18:54:50  #1

[@Echo] Must be nice to be the one followed for a change

He would have made for a good stalker if he were that sort of entity. Maybe it comes from having extensive experience on the opposite end. 
But he's making it rather obvious, likely due to an awareness towards parallel situations. He's even allowing his presence to bleed out a bit, which is something he usually doesn't do. And his face is right out there for others to see. 
He hasn't changed much physically. In fact, he hasn't changed at all. His features seem to be timeless--pale blond hair, deep green eyes, an airy presence that could disappear at any moment. His thin frame is clad with a medium-length grey cloak. And of course, he's walking at a good distance from wherever she is--and away from whatever company may be with her as well.
He's just going to allow some time for her to notice him. If she does and chooses not to speak to him, then that's fine as well. 
Though, he does have to think...it would be rather unwise if she were alone, all circumstances considered.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

June 18, 2022 20:47:54  #2

Re: [@Echo] Must be nice to be the one followed for a change

(literally suddenly so excited LET'S GOOOO)

Echo, from what it seemed, was alone. Or at least there was only her presence. She sat in an area of grass, fiddling with a few pieces between her fingers. With her other hand, she reached into a large bag of off-brand, dollar store Doritos. She would eat a chip and then put one in her pocket, which was strange enough. But, hey, she's a strange kid.

Echo had noticed him some time ago, but wasn't sure if he was there coincidentally or if he was lingering for another reason. She didn't feel scared, nor did she feel creeped out.

Echo just thought it was weird.

Echo, trying hard to not be obvious, turned to glance at him. It took her full upper body to turn to do so, so of course it was actually very obvious. Adding on, she did it quite a few times within a couple of minutes, so it was confirmed she had noticed him.

It's unsure if she recognized him yet, since she would turn and glance a bit too quickly to take in his features. Which is also most likely why she had turned to look at him so many times. She squinted a lot at him, which meant that he was probably too far or she needed glasses.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

June 18, 2022 21:49:21  #3

He'd thought about waving, but she kept turning around too quickly for him to finish the motion, or at least in a way that he preferred. He tilts his head a little, thinking her actions curious, but then continues to move towards her.
He's speeding up, and clearly so. His hands by his side moving leisurely with his every step, he is clearly aiming to lessen the distance between them within the least time possible.
At least, until he stops.
At this distance, if she still can't see him, she definitely will need glasses.
His features aren't the most clear-cut in the world. They weren't really built to be that way. But they're also not the blurriest and most forgettable. Paired with the now-visible smile on his face, he should be memorable enough.
Unless she has memory loss. Which she did. A lot of those who knew him have it, now the narrator thinks about it. They smirk a little cruelly. Huh.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 19, 2022 00:07:49  #4

Echo noticed him coming closer to her, feeling his presence a bit better now. At first his presence reminded her of what had happened in what felt like a long distance ago, and her arm pulsed with a faded ache, causing her to flex it slightly in an attempt to make it stop. She didn't want them to get worried, especially in such a vurnable state. Her arm paused it's phantom pain.

She turned to look at him, her face reading only an expression of calm and curiosity. Once Echo recognized him, her eyes brightened and she smiled.

"Oh! Oh! Hello!"

They squirmed gently around in her pocket, so Echo reached over to the chip bag, plucked a Dorito out, and set it in her pocket. There was the slightest sound of a crunch.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

June 19, 2022 01:37:05  #5

"Hello, Echo."
As it always is with him, there's that flash where it feels like the world is null of anyone except the two of them. Everything is reduced to a single simplicity. And then the feeling is gone.
He keeps up the smile. "I suppose I should have approached from the front?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 19, 2022 02:15:45  #6

Echo nodded.

"Mm-hm! It's hard to see when you don't have eyes at the back of your head. Wouldn't it be cool, though? To have eyes on both back and front of your head? You could see everywhere! Or almost everywhere, I guess. I guess you would have to have short hair, too. I got short hair!"

Echo ruffled her own hair, bowing her head a bit to show him.

"Papá actually trimmed it the other day! Isn't it nice?"

She quickly paused and realized she had started rambling.

"Oh! Sorry! How are you?"

Echo grabbed another chip and put it in her pocket.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

June 19, 2022 02:29:52  #7

He doesn't mind. He's used to others talking more than him--he prefers it, in fact--with the tendency being especially prevalent towards kids, or at least from his observations. And once upon a time, he was the one who talked more. Now, he keeps up with her words by nodding at the right places and peering attentively at her hairstyle when she shows him it. He likes to think that hairstyles can show, at least to an extent, the personality of the ones who created them. And for this one, he thinks he would have been able to guess the barber had she not already told him. An interesting point, he thinks, that he should definitely ponder over later. Especially since she had just asked him a question.
"I am quite fine, thank you," he lies through his teeth, as per usual, and then smiles at her as if he wants to ask her the question back but wants her to respond honestly rather than being like him. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 19, 2022 02:50:55  #8

Echo waited for Hitan to speak, having taken note sometimes earlier in her life how when one person asked a question, it was common for the other to ask it back after answering.

I'm gonna get an A plus in socializing! Echo thought, determined. A perfectly reasonable and normal thing to want and succeed!

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

June 19, 2022 02:57:57  #9

Well, at least this gives him a chance to do away with that question. It's one of the slightly tiring formalities that he rarely is able to circumvent, though he does it now by asking rather straightforwardly, "Is a Dorito monster accompanying you?"
He somehow makes it sound like saying "Dorito monster" is perfectly acceptable from a social viewpoint.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 19, 2022 08:05:09  #10

"Uhm... uh..." Echo wasn't sure how to answer. Fortunately for her, she doesn't have to.

In the most fake mob boss voice, from inside Echo's pocket spoke, "What's it to ya?" Out from Echo's pocket rolled... a pile of blood? Oh, nope, it's just a tiny blood-red slime! A pair of blue eyes glared at Hitan, which is some what creepy coming from the slime.

"Badda bing, ba- Hey, wait, I know you! You're, like, that one guy!" Silence dropped the fake voice, although with their natural accent it sounds similar.

The slime's eyes seemed to glimmer. Then they reached into the Dorito bag with a tendril and... ate some? Well, they made a gap under their eyes and threw the Doritos in there, closing the gap and seemingly chewed them.

"Mmm, munch, hell yeah! I'm the scariest Dorito Monster there is!" With a slime tendril, they make a wonky "ILY" sign.

The longer you stared at them, the cuter Silence seemed to be, actually.

Echo smiled a bit wider, although glancing around.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

June 19, 2022 11:18:46  #11

He doesn't seem surprised. Very little can faze him at this point.
"I am indeed 'that one guy,'" he acknowledges with a nod. "Silence, was it? Or perhaps Dorito Monster? It is nice to meet you again, especially given the more pleasant circumstances."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 19, 2022 11:34:00  #12

"Yeah! Good to see you!" Silence bubbled. "Just call me whatever you think fits!" Silence shifted into their humanoid form, shoving more chips in their mouth.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

June 19, 2022 12:09:41  #13

"Circumstantially speaking, I do believe it would be the latter," he says, with a little chuckle. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 19, 2022 14:20:39  #14

"Doritos are so good! Want some?"

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

June 19, 2022 14:29:39  #15

What's up with Hitan and Silence universally canceling out Echo's presence when they interact?
"I'm good, thank you," he refuses lightly.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 19, 2022 15:09:37  #16

RIP Echo, who is currently eating a chip. She thinks Doritos are okay, she liked Sun Chips better. Echo is staring at the sky, watching a group of birds pass by.

Silence shrugged and ate more Doritos.

Echo stated, "It's very nice out." To be fair, her opinion shouldn't be taken too seriously in this matter. It could have been pouring rain and the teen would have said the exact same thing with the exact same content.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

June 20, 2022 00:48:07  #17

For whatever reason, he smiles a little more at that and replies, "I agree." 
Oh yeah, he's remembering that time he told a certain someone that his favorite weather was "cyclones." Though, his memory isn't actually centered on what he said.
More context would get concerning, so please don't ask for it.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 20, 2022 09:52:32  #18

C... Cyclones???

Echo then pointed up at the sky at a different group of birds than what she watched before.

"What kind of bird are those?"

Silence looked up and squinted. The only bird they knew were ducks, crows, and cardinals, and that was it. They didn't think the group of birds were any of those, and it showed very clearly on their face that they did not know.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

June 20, 2022 16:45:06  #19

Hitan would answer, but the narrator can't tell because, y'know, those are words, not pictures. Please give the correct answer so that they can do so.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 20, 2022 17:46:05  #20

The Narrator was giving the other Narrator the freedom to chose what birds they are XD

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

June 20, 2022 17:59:43  #21

Heck.
"They seem to be starlings," the young man says. At this point the narrator will stop narrating him smiling, because he is and usually will be. "What a beautiful plumage," he adds as he hones in on one.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 20, 2022 21:14:07  #22

"Starlings!" Echo echoed, throwing her hands up in excitement. She put her hands down and said it a few more times before nodding, "I like that word. They must come from bits of fallen stars, then! Yep! That's how I like to think of it."

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

June 20, 2022 22:08:12  #23

"Well, they do come from the superfamily Muscicapoidea, which somewhat resembles the word 'Music,'" Hitan says, which is kind of his version of borderline nonsense, seeing as it seems to have almost no relation to what she said.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 21, 2022 00:04:20  #24

"I wonder if they sing pretty? Do they?" Echo would think they sounded pretty even if it was a horrid sound, to be honest.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

June 21, 2022 00:16:43  #25

In that aspect, she is reminding him a lot of another entity whose name also starts with E.
"I believe you should be your own judge for that," he suggests. "However, they are known for being masters of mimicking sounds."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 21, 2022 00:18:35  #26

Hanckqkkfkqd the Narrator actually can't think of names atm and probably needs to reread the wiki at some point XD.

Echo looked amazed.

"I'm gonna get one to meow one day!"

Wh

What.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

June 21, 2022 00:21:38  #27

Hitan takes it in stride, probably because he crushed on a girl who literally had her favorite food listed as napkins at one point. "I wish you good luck in advance."
This thread is really just coming out to show that Hitan has known a lot of weird people, isn't it?

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 21, 2022 00:33:51  #28

"Thank you! I think it will be very cool."

Silence nodded, slightly smiling at the idea of a bird meowing.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

June 22, 2022 18:32:31  #29

"And then, may I ask, what then?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 22, 2022 19:47:42  #30

"Chaos." Echo had that very excited shine in her eyes that revealed her to be a little imp of a child.

"Hell yeah, kid!" Silence praised. "I taught you well!"

Silence shouldn't be allowed to teach kids anything.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

Board footera