HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 27, 2021 14:14:37  #31

Re: Time also decides to make this one too: An IDEA thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQAHFFi5mMQ

I feel like this right now

I have the compulsion to do a redesign for almost all of the characters I just generated right now.

But hey, that means there developing! I think?

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

November 27, 2021 14:40:50  #32

Listing developments I should get onto maybe

Danny's hat must be redesigned. His eyes are now green (originally blue). His jacket may possibly be redesigned. The Dragonlance will be redesigned.

Sek might get more catlike eyes?

I might redo Kels's hairstyle. Maybe a large braid on the back? Maybe hair that is more firey?

Gilles's armor and weapon are going to be redesigned. But to what though... Idk. Did you know his hair is so hard to draw for me? I'm still going to keep the hair though.

Allizha... atm she's safe from the redesign. Good for her

Maybe I should actually get done with the rest of the characters before thinking about redesigns though?

Time

December 23, 2021 17:51:43  #33

Now thinking about it. I need to change Kel's weapon as well, those ripcords are kinda weird, and it's hard to create a possible backstory. But maybe that's the challenge that is needed.

Or maybe I should create a weapon that's separate from her. Maybe.

Time

December 28, 2021 23:51:06  #34

You know of course you favor some characters more than others and that rises and falls.

Rn it seems the possibly delusional narcisstic elf with anger issues is making a surge in my mind.

Time

January 11, 2022 00:02:14  #35

I'm also thinking about names. Maybe name changes too.

Time

January 12, 2022 12:46:11  #36

Ok random question for any of you guys if you read this and care.

Do you prefer larger posts, smaller posts, or maybe something in between for reading ideas?

I usually have a lot of ideas floating around in my head for character(s) and usually I condense it and post it out in larger posts. But idk if that's nice and easy to read.

I def know that more often than not I read smaller posts over larger ones. I think maybe I should try to read longer posts. If I write long posts of ideas, than I suppose I need to read long posts of ideas

Time

January 12, 2022 13:06:14  #37

I like writing long posts, though when I read them, I prefer to read proofread and well-developed posts, like they could be casually published or whatever. I am drawing a distinction between the two because I would be rather hypocritical otherwise, not putting much thought into organizing what I write personally when I expect what I read to be well-organized and developed.
Of course, I also tend to read posts that I'm interested in (topics, themes, characters I'm interested in), so if I'm interested, then I don't care how it reads as long as it's comprehensible. Ironically, though I write long posts about angst, I don't particularly like to read similar posts (like rants) due to my own emotional nature at the moment. That's likely not something you would consider, however.
I think that when I write large posts, others don't read if they don't care, so that's something you probably need to take into consideration. That is, that no one might respond or no one might even read, but you're posting for yourself.
I'm not going to outline my entire preference of things, since you could probably tell if you read what I post usually, and it's irrelevant anyways. But again, it's just a matter of doing what you want to a practical degree.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

January 12, 2022 17:43:50  #38

Oh I understand about no one being interested or no one reading. And I'm fine with that.

Its just that when I post stuff, I'm sharing it with you guys. If i didn't want to share it, I would just be kept away in the document I wrote it in.  Just wanting to hear what people's preferences were if they ever ended up being interested in anything I write.

Time

February 3, 2022 01:25:24  #39

A talk on world building magic in this world of mine

Magic
In this world Mana is a flowing source that exists around people. People have their own reserves, and most mages can only use their reserves and have to rest for a refill. However, more experienced mages learn to not only use their reserves, but use themselves as a conductor for casting magic, and use the mana flowing around them. Now the question for experienced mages is how long they can be a conductor for mana until they are exhausted. It is certainly longer than MOST mana reserve mages, however.

Magic is a extremely diverse field and there are an unimaginable number of techniques that can be chosen.

Type 1 Mages
On average, the ratio from normal humans to NATURAL mages that can access their reserves is 100 to 1. From there, out of 100 mages only about 2 can use their body as a conductor.

Mages that can not use their bodies as a conductor require a casting focus. Like a staff, wand, or amulet. Conductors can use their body as a casting focus.

A mage can learn how to become a conductor. However, it might be harder for others, and easier for some. It depends on how in-tune one’s body with the mana around them is.

Type 2 Mages
Non Spellcasters can become spellcasters through rituals. This can be a thing of passing power down from one to another, or creating a pact with someone or something for them to grant the non spellcaster some of their power.

The second option usually requires the one providing the power to be very powerful in their own right. So usually the ones giving out deals are immortal beings and things, or legendary spellcasters. Both parties must be consenting, and follow the terms of the pact if they are any. This rule is usually for the receiver of the magic. Pacts greatly vary on how much power is granted, if there are any terms, punishments, and more.

With both of these techniques, they usually are limited in what the new spellcaster's abilities are. Most likely based upon what was passed down to them, or what specific abilities the giver had granted them. Of course, however, there are exceptions.

Non-spellcasters using magic
Non-spellcasters can also use magic through the use of enchanted items, which are normally created by Type 1 magic users or Providers of magic as mentioned in Type 2 mages.

Last edited by Time (February 3, 2022 01:44:26)

Time

February 3, 2022 01:29:08  #40

Currently, out of the characters I've shown you, the only Type 1 mage is Alliza, the healer.

As for Type 2, I am considering making Sek a Type 2 mage. She's the one with the cloak.

More mages to come within the team?

Everyone else currently has no magic or is using an enchanted item

Last edited by Time (February 3, 2022 01:29:32)

Time

February 6, 2022 02:23:28  #41

Hmmm a splurge on magic, I wonder who is supposed to come with this information.

I also wrote a good bit on the history of  the development of magic in this world, though Idk if I want to post it. Quite a rough draft and one of the few ideas I had when thinking of how the world's magic was supposed to be.

Time

February 7, 2022 01:21:52  #42

I'm hesitant to put out any new info on characters tbh bc usually that's in tandem with the art thread when I put out a new design.

But rn I still need to transfer over copies of my art to my computer since it's been completely wiped clean from the crash.

So I have info on other things ready but no art to come with it lol

Time

March 31, 2022 23:25:49  #43

Oh I totally forgor to give a drop on how magic people are created.

"Tuning"
Magic is not given randomly, rather it is determined by the "tune" of the person. If they are tuned for magic, then they're a natural mage, also known as a type 1 mage.  If not, they are simply human (or whatever race/species they are).

However, this is how non mages become type 2 mages. Through rituals, contracts, or whatever method in which a type 2 mage is generated, the body of the receiver of magic is "tuned" to be able to become proficient in the art. Of course though the tuning is more often than not quite specific.

Knowing of this, this can also lead to anti mage weapons, technology, or anti mage mages, where they disrupt the tune of the targeted mage. Usually the effect is temporary, giving a window of time where the target is vulnerable. This technique or technology is EXTREMELY rare. In fact, I would say most people don't even know that it's a thing.

This anti-mage magic isn't usually useful against the greatest of mages. This is due to the mage being aware of their own tune, and understanding how to keep it steadfast when facing anti mage tech. This may at times apply to unaware natural mages, or some type 2 mages. With the unaware ones having their body "strongly tuned". With type 2 mages, it could be due to the giver of magic placing a security against anti mage tech.

Now I did say the greatest of mages understood their tune. Does that mean they could change their own tune themselves to benefit them?

I'm not sure right now, but I'm saying yes. However there are even a smaller number of mages who actually know how to control their tune over one's who just know how to keep it steadfast. They probably can't tune themselves to become overly powerful, but more like changing their skill set. I will most definitely mention that doing so is an extremely dangerous technique, and it can result in injury, loss of spellcasting abilites, and even if it is really bad, death.

Time

April 2, 2022 01:13:58  #44

I think I should post most of the other stuff I ended up writing with the new mage character at some point.

Maybe tomorrow lol

Instead today I just made some minor updates to the previous characters' things. Like stats, hobbies.

Time

April 5, 2022 00:38:28  #45

I said tomorrow and I haven't posted anything lol

How about this little thing for now too?

AFFINITIES
Does the magic of the world bestow mages' affinities and talent? Yes. A mage can have one, two, or many natural affinities of varying degrees or none at all. They can have loads of talent or none at all. Not all mages are created equal.

For affinities, it must pass a level of requirement and compedence in a feild to be considered one.

There are actually magic spells that can give 'stats' and rate mages.

Last edited by Time (April 8, 2022 22:39:33)

Time

April 8, 2022 22:33:12  #46

I still haven't posted it yet lol

Well better late than never.

Thaohal Grand Library

The Thaohal Grand Library is a legendary library that was said to have a vast knowledge of magic. The most elite of the elite mages resided there to conduct studies and research. 

However, its location was lost to time, as it was believed to be destroyed during a great conflict. Or something, WIP on how it's lost. (Think of it like Atlantis, maybe for a real-world comparison.) 

It was believed to be founded and led by the House of Thaohal. Its main founders may have been twins, as the story says. However, not much else is known of the House, only that they were highly knowledgeable, expert magicians. If they have any descendants, it's quite hard to tell. It seems they don't want to show themselves.

Last edited by Time (April 8, 2022 22:34:31)

Time

April 8, 2022 22:36:04  #47

Ok time for finally posting info on the character I labled 'arcane' and the not-Time-clone-referance.

Strength: 2/5
Agility: 3/5
Combat: 3/5
Vitality: 2/5
Stamina: 3.5/5
Magic: 5/5
Attack power: 3/5
Reaction time: 2/5
Intelligence: 5/5
Social: 2/5
Will: 4/5
Empathy: 3/5

Name: Nulark of Thaohal Grand Library
Race: Human…? Human??
Height: 5'8
Weight: 129 lbs
Blood type: Unanalyzed
Origin: Unknown (claims Thaohal Grand Library)
Birthday: Est. March 01-11 (celebrates on the 1st)
Eye color: Black (gold when using magic)
Hair Color: Black
Hobbies: Research of theories, writing
Dislikes: Loud, annoying people
Weapon: Magic
Magic user type*: Type 1 (assumed)

Time

April 8, 2022 22:37:04  #48

Nulark
I think I'll hop out of the narration of the character bios for now bc I just can't tell everything I want to from that standpoint. So I'll just normally talk about them.

Nulark of Thaohal Library is a young mage of rather an unknown origin. He claims that he is the only living resident of the Thaohal Grand Library, and possibly it's caretaker.

He has an exceptional talent for the magic arts, and according to an IAM test, he has passed the tests to be considered to have at least minor affinities for all known magic schools. Quite rare, one could say that he has an enhanced generalist-type mage. However, his most prominent affinities seem to be more skewed towards divination and transmutation. While this would have been something immediately announced, Nullark has kept it quiet.

Though, if he really was from the TGL, one would think that the only known inhabitant of a legendary library would be more… dignified, mysterious, powerful, charismatic, anything! He just doesn’t give off the aura you would expect. However, it may just be, that he's deciding to choose to appear this way.

Real aura/appearance or not, he seems to be quite a serious individual, maybe to a fault. He often misses ques or subtle messages when it comes to people, such as picking up jokes. Or body language.

As expected for almost any studious mage, Nulark has a thirst for information and seems to enjoy reading up on topics. Since he is actually quite unfamiliar with modern technology, he enjoys reading that too. He also likes reading about folklore and fairy tales, apparently.

He has motivations of his own, as it is why he says he left the library. Maybe it has something to do with his interest in healers and restoration magic.

Last edited by Time (April 8, 2022 22:37:30)

Time

April 23, 2022 14:03:55  #49

Ngl, I have really been considering changing Sekrethel's name. It just doesn't ring right with me. Only the first part of her name. Not the "Strive" part.

I've made like, 7 names to pick from lol

Also thinking about changing Kel's placement in the team and thinking to change it up.

Time

April 24, 2022 14:41:33  #50

I've been always thinking of stories that show like more reliability or truthfulness in characters. Like fear or something of the sort during tense situations.

If I were to create a story with the characters I'm currently designing, I don't think they could be this way for at least most of it.

Is it time to look to design a few more other characters? Maybe I should actually try to read more stories in general. I think that would be a better way to go about it.

Time

April 25, 2022 21:28:39  #51

How in the world do people think of time travel and alternate realities in a story when isn't not even the main point

like how

I mean I understand how but like I'm kinda thinking how in the world do people think of that stuff and then do some cool ideas that I've never really seen before.

Actually just ignore this entire post because I think I'm just spouting out thoughts

Time

April 25, 2022 21:29:52  #52

Ok maybe if you're reading look at this post then.

Maybe what I'm thinking of is an extreme integration of magic and technology/science. That's really cool. I wanna do that.

Time

April 25, 2022 21:37:10  #53

Also read this one

I'm a story thief, and I'm going to steal all the cool ideas from the stories I like.

So I think I'm going to try to read more cool stories.

Maybe I'll ask for some story recommendations after I finish some series I've been vaguely interested in for a while.

I think I just need to DO IT.

Time

April 25, 2022 21:54:20  #54

I'm sitting here rn, and there is no way I could create a perfect story containing everything I want. No way. There would have to be at least 2.

Time

April 25, 2022 23:52:03  #55

Time wrote:

So I think I'm going to try to read more cool stories.

Why must I be this way

"I shall go read some cool stuff"
*Immediately goes to look at major spoilers and gets spoiled

Last edited by Time (April 25, 2022 23:52:16)

Time

April 30, 2022 02:48:16  #56

As of current Danny is the only character of the main team that can "fly". None of them can actually fly. Not even Danny, but he does have swords that he can control and hold onto while he levitate them.

He could ride one like a board lol.

I think if I were to design some of his battles in the sky, it would be pretty cool. Especially with the fact he can't fly, but there's a good chance the opponent(s) can.

Time

June 8, 2022 02:36:01  #57

Wow a post another month later

I never ever think about voices for any of my characters. Its kinda weird to me. In any form. Personal or for ggad or anything of the sort.

But just as of today I have technically decided on a voice for personal character Gin Giles.

Well who's voice is it? None other than me, of course.

I was doing an animation/art project and I decided as a part of the sound design, he'd be narrating it. Though since my characters are quite personal, I never tell anyone about them, so that of course left me to voice him.

I wouldn't think I would want one of my characters to have a voice similar to mine. So I say technically, because it is most definitely not staying. It does make me think a little bit as to what character voices could be though...

Time

June 29, 2022 16:51:09  #58

Hey hey another month passing another post yeah?

I'm thinking of how I can further develop my group of characters. Atm I'm dry on character ideas for the rest of the team, so for know I've been thinking of the stories behind the characters I have to be developed more.

Last edited by Time (June 29, 2022 16:51:21)

Time

July 15, 2022 00:00:42  #59

Guys can you help me out here with another favor?

Do you guys know any animals that have: No limbs OR tentacles?

Like octopi or snakes?

Time

July 15, 2022 00:19:26  #60

Worm?

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

Board footera