HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 14, 2023 22:25:20  #331

Re: The Pequod- Ishmael's Homethread

I could have sworn I posted a comment about somehow I didn't put the Pequod and Ishmael together until recently despite knowing that the Pequod is the ship in moby dick dude but I guess I didn't (idk how I missed such a detail)

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

December 24, 2023 03:57:36  #332

Ishmael wrote:

I'm planning on getting some health stuff checked out. I have a large family, and it's often been not "my turn" to have a medical problem (sort of a joke) but it looks like the cards are in my favor this time. As long as no one does anything crazy, I can get some things sorted out.

You're never gonna guess what fucking happened 

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

December 24, 2023 04:12:09  #333

So, my dad got laid off last week. And with that comes the end of his benefits which included health insurance. If you're unaware how American health insurance works when it's provided through your workplace, if you're laid off/fired you are-- in most cases-- able to hold on to those benefits until the end of the month, and then if you so wish you can go through something called COBRA to still retain those benefits to some degree until you're fully covered again (a gross oversimplification). 

HOWEVER through some HR wizardry, the company managed to weasel out of providing that coverage so we're in the lurch until the COBRA goes through, and even then we would likely not be staying on that plan (it's very expensive) so I can't get anything important done until we figure out the plan going forward. I've been able to get some basic stuff done but uhhhh

Ishmael wrote:

I love chronic pain I am so excited to be moving upwards of 60 pounds of things down two flights of stairs while moving out this will definitely not have long term consequences for my physical health yes whoohoo yippee

Remember this? This wasn't just chronic pain! I have been most likely walking on a cartilage tear in my knee for the better part of 4 years  

In order to know for sure, I need an MRI, which I can't get until our medical insurance situation stabilizes, which probably won't happen until at least February or so. It's not like it's an emergency, I've been walking around and doing physically strenuous activity for this long so my knee probably won't explode or anything but I'm,,,, A Little Frustrated that I can never seem to have things go right when I'm trying to address my myriad chronic problems 

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

December 26, 2023 15:57:13  #334

I really don't have much to say other than

That shit is fucked man.

I've heard of some crazy things that corporates does to get out of having to pay extra for employees and stuff.

Time

December 27, 2023 16:30:12  #335

Yeah, we love corporate greed!
I can't say much that would be helpful, just that you should probably take it easy, and I hope your dad gets his job back soon
We love Murican health insurance lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

January 7, 2024 03:38:12  #336

I'm still alive 

Haven't felt much motivation to be on here because *gestures vaguely at last few posts* but I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season! We got some medical insurance figured out so I actually was able to meet up with my doctor and he was able to throw some pills at me and get some blood tests done (I was right, shit's fucked in there lmao) and I'm getting an MRI for my knee next week. It's a good time all around 

Call me Ishmael.

January 8, 2024 01:12:20  #337

It's good to hear that you're still alive! Good to hear those sorts of updates indeed.

Time

Board footera