GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 5, 2021 22:48:31  #1

(@Marsh) Well, sneaking around a palace is fun!

Firstly, Apollo wasn't sure where he was. Really, he always ended up in the weirdest situations! But, upon seeing the palace, he got a little curious, so he snuck in. Assuming there are palace guards, Apollo found a way around them.

Currently, Apollo was strolling through a hall in a carefree manner, gazing around at decorations and whatnot. He never have been in a palace before! It was pretty cool. He hummed softly, content with himself.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

April 5, 2021 23:12:33  #2

Re: (@Marsh) Well, sneaking around a palace is fun!

Elaine happened to stumble upon the intruder by chance, letting out a loud shriek when she saw Apollo. A huge chunk of amber immediately surrounded him, trapping him in place. "Who are you and what are you doing here!" She demanded, holding a sharp piece of emerald, which had just manifested out of nowhere, at his throat.

Normally she would just have Frances deal with this but since he's currently out hunting she has to deal with this herself. What a nuance.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
----------------------------------------
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 5, 2021 23:32:15  #3

Apollo's humming slowed to a stop as he processed the situation he was in. He gave a lazy grin, his indigo eyes glancing down at the emerald and then back up at Elaine. He tilted his head a little, observing her carefully.

"Huh, not everyday someone demands to know me so quickly. Usually that happens so much later on in a conversation. Haha... hmm... oh! Yes, my name!"

His grin got a little bigger, looking a bit confident, if not arrogant. He gave a pose, flexing his arms and flapping his large raven wings a little. He fwipped his goldish auburn bangs, preparing himself for his little introduction. geez, this dude definitely thought highly of himself.

"I am the great, amazing, awesome, gorgeous Apollo! The god of the magnificent sun, the beautiful constellations, and the wonderful pastime of daydreaming! And who are you?"

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

April 6, 2021 10:51:57  #4

Elaine glared at Apollo, she hated the type of people who thought they were above her in some way (hypocrite). "I am the Queen of this palace, and you are trespassing on my property. Deity or not, you don't get to just waltz right in whenever you want!" She seemed a bit worked up over this, her eyebrows scrunched together and her lips in a small pout. Who knew Elaine was this territorial, geez.

(rip the current guards, they're definitely getting fired after this)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 6, 2021 11:29:26  #5

"Aww, that's no way to treat a guest," Apollo said. "But I guess I'm a bit of an unexpected one, so I'll give you a pass."

Apollo stepped out of the gems trapping him. When he did so, it was almost like he melted and refracted through the shadows and light, and then his physical body appeared perfectly fine once he was through. He stepped around the amber, his form wavering a bit before it seemed solid again.

"It's a nice palace you got."

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

April 6, 2021 11:35:10  #6

Unable to pass up an opportunity to feed her ego, Elaine momentarily forgot about the fact that there was a stranger in her house, "Why thank you, I made it myself." She smiled proudly "plus there's so much more to this place. If you think this dull little area looks nice then I'm sure you'll be absolutely stunned by the other rooms!"

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 6, 2021 15:16:57  #7

Apollo's sleepy eyes looked amazed.

"Can you show me around? I can't even imagine how cool the full place is!"

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

April 6, 2021 15:27:33  #8

"Of course I can-" wait, what am I even doing. I don't even know this dude.. She eyed Apollo suspiciously "wait a second, is this some sort of plot so you can scope out my domain before you make an attack or something?" Elaine pointed an accusatory finger at him "Whatever your plotting, give up on your plans now because I, Elaine Valentine, is not one to be messed with!" There she goes, jumping to conclusions, so paranoid.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 6, 2021 16:35:06  #9

"Nah, domain taking and attacking is so boring. Like, I could just make my own if I really wanted to, and I get enough fighting by protecting mortals," Apollo said.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

April 6, 2021 17:30:02  #10

"Protecting mortals? Why would you protect mortals?" Elaine asked, confused.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 6, 2021 17:44:14  #11

Apollo answered as his eyes shifted over to the amber, now admiring it.

"Well, a lot of them have no one else to protect them. They die so easily too. So, why not? It's not like much can kill me, other than other deities of course, haha. But, like, it's a nice thing to do."

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

April 6, 2021 17:53:14  #12

The amber melted into the floor seamlessly. "...deities can die?" Elaine asked incredulously "That was a joke right? Deities can't die, we're immortal for goodness sakes!"

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 6, 2021 18:54:43  #13

"Immortal... until we're not. A deity for a deity, as they say. Did you truly not know that? Deities been killing other deities for thousands of years... hmm.. it's a sad thing that shouldn't happen, but it happens. I think that's really the only thing that can kill us: each other. And I guess ourselves."

Apollo shrugged as if he didn't just explain a morbid topic.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

April 6, 2021 19:29:05  #14

Elaine felt like her life was a lie, the whole reason why she even wished to be a deity was for the immortality. Though, only deities could kill each other so she supposed that was a bit better. She frowned, mumbling something to herself. The sound of a ringing bell cut through the air, chiming twelve times before it stopped. "Oh it's noon already...ah well, though you are a trespasser, you're also a guest I suppose, so would you care to stay for lunch?"

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 6, 2021 20:20:08  #15

"Lunch sounds good. Thank you," Apollo smiled.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

April 6, 2021 20:30:28  #16

"You're welcome." Elaine said, mostly out of habit. She began walking down the corridor, not even looking back to check if Apollo was following. There seemed to be very few servants given the size of the palace, and those who passes by the queen had their heads bowed and scurried away as fast as possible without running, it's almost as if they were scared of her.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 6, 2021 20:35:52  #17

Apollo was following. He watched the servants scamper away, going into thought. He tried giving a relaxed wave to a few, as well as trying to smile to them.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

April 6, 2021 20:44:41  #18

A few of the servants smiled back but most of them just started walking away even faster. To Elaine, the walk down to the dining room seemed a bit awkward so she cleared her throat and attempted to make small talk "So...what were you doing in Edona anyways? Specifically my palace in Edona, how did you even get passed the guards?"

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 6, 2021 21:07:23  #19

"Well, to be honest I have no idea how I got here direction-wise. I guess I was going for a bit of a flight-" He flapped his wings a bit. "-And got distracted by my daydreams. Eventually I saw your castle and was all like 'ooh, cool', so I wanted to check the place out. It's not like every day I come across a super cool palace! Oh! The guards! That was easy: all I had to do was do a little shadow teleportation aaaaand boom! That's how I got in. I've been here only for a little while, though, maybe ten ot fifteen minutes."

Apollo made large hand gestures as he talked, happy to explain the little journey.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

April 6, 2021 21:30:21  #20

Elaine sighed, reminding herself to figure out how to make her palace deity proof, perhaps she should just make a wish.

They soon arrived at huge golden double doors that was adorned by intricate designs and patterns. With simply a clap of her hands, the doors swung open, revealing a large room with one long table at the center of it. The table seemed to be made out of some form of crystal, as is everything in this palace, and was at least 20 yards long. What's strange was the lack of food covering the table, one would expect to be greeted with a giant feast yet there was really only food placed at the far end of this long dining table. Granted even then the food looked good, and it was no small portion for sure. Roasted turkey and I'm gonna break character for a sec because I actually don't know any foods besides Asian foods so uh idk pretend I described a decent European styled meal or smth, idk I don't eat European food often lmao. (now back to your regularly scheduled program) There seemed to be only two servings though, which was odd because either Elaine had somehow told the head chief to prepare something for the unexpected guest or someone else was also supposed to eat with her. "Ah, um have a seat. I'll have you know this meal was cooked by the best chief in all of Edona so I'm sure you'll enjoy it." She said, walking all the way to the end of the table.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 6, 2021 22:01:56  #21

Apollo tilted his head a bit in curiosity, but he was the kind of person that went with the flow of things so he didn't question much.

"Ah, sorry, give me a moment." His wings shifted and disappeared, the sound of bones popping being made. His face twitched in a short bit of pain, but soon he calmly walked over and took a seat near Elaine.

"Hmm, it may seem strange for a deity to do this, but I must pray to someone before I eat. You can go ahead, though. I'll only be a few minutes."

He closed his eyes and bowed his head slightly. With his hands, he made a diamond shape and placed it over his left collarbone, right above where his heart would be. He prayed for a couple minutes before saying aloud, "Όλα χαλάζι." He lifted his head and blinked a few times, his eyes readjusting.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

April 6, 2021 22:18:49  #22

Elaine gave Apollo a look that clearly said she was judging him for all the things he just did, including the whole, wings disappearing thing. Despite how rude and entitled she usually is, her table manners are as perfect as can be so she ate her meal quietly, sitting up straight and using all the right utensils for all the right things (Y'know like the soup spoon for the soup and the salad fork left untouched because who even likes salad).

She briefly wondered why Frances wasn't back yet before deciding he was mature enough to take care of himself and that he's probably just taking a stroll through the forest or something.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 7, 2021 04:19:48  #23

Apollo watched Elaine for a bit before starting to eat, copying and memorizing what utensils she used for which food. He had good table manners as well. He sort of glances around the room, taking in what it looked like. He seemed uncomfortable by how quiet it was, so he hummed a bit as he ate. It was a little childish.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

April 7, 2021 11:10:11  #24

A voice called from outside the dining hall, "Elli I'm home! Sorry I took so long, it was a really nice day outside so I decided to take a little stroll-" Frances entered the room and immediately stopped in his tracks upon seeing Apollo. He blinked once, twice, then rubbed his eyes to make sure he wasn't seeing things, "Who are you?"
Frances seemed to have forgotten he looked like a complete mess, his clothes were dirty and disheveled with what appears to be blood stains on the sleeves and his hair looked like he just quickly ran a hand through it and hoped for the best. The umbrella in his hand definitely looked out of place with it's pristine crystal handle and light blue canopy, the end tip of the umbrella was what appeared to be a four leaf clover made out of amethyst, no doubt one of Elaine's creations.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 7, 2021 12:15:56  #25

Apollo swallowed his food before answering. 

He flexed a little, fwipped his bangs, then said, "I am the great Apollo, god of the beautiful sun, the splendid constellations, and the relaxing moments of daydreaming!"

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

April 7, 2021 12:45:58  #26

Frances' eyes darted between the two deities before he sighed "Well aren't you two a matching pair." he sounded vaguely jealous.

"Look, Fran Fran, he's just simply a trespasser and well it just so happened to be lunch time so I thought it's be rude to send a guest away at such a time so that's why he's here." Elaine explained, temporarily putting all her utensils down and leaving her food alone.

Frances let's another sigh, this time he seemed more disappointed. "So you're telling me, you just let a trespasser enter your palace?? And you're now having a meal with said trespasser???? Do you know how dangerous that could be? What if he had bad intentions, or perhaps maybe he was one of the rebels. Even if you're immortal now, deities can still hurt each other.." he continued on, ranting about all the things that could've gone wrong.

"Frances sweetie, I'm glad you're worried about me and such but can you please go take a shower and get a change of clothes? You're gonna dirty the floors..." Elaine said, stopping his rant. He blushed with embarrassment when he realized she's right. Quietly excusing himself, he left the room in a hurry.

Elaine sighed, shaking her head a little as she mumbled something under her breath that vague sounds like "stupid worrywart Frances, I can take care of myself. Not a child anymore"

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 7, 2021 14:38:27  #27

Apollo said after a bit, "I hope he's okay. He had blood on him."

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

April 7, 2021 14:54:26  #28

Elaine just shrugged, "It's not his blood..I think." She didn't seem at all concerned about the blood, just returning to her meal as if it was a normal occurrence.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 7, 2021 16:59:15  #29

"Hmm."

Apollo stared at his food in thought for a couple minutes, his eyes' irises switching from indigo into sunset oranges and pink. He seemed to have gone into daydream-mode.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

April 7, 2021 17:02:43  #30

Elaine just watched curiously, not quite sure what was happening.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

Board footera