HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 14, 2023 00:08:03  #241

Re: [@Specter] Nagesh and Laurie are heading for the meeting...

"But why?" Manai jokes, quoting the meme. 
Galaxian just says, with complete innocence, "I just think they would like it."
Somehow that answers the question and doesn't answer it at the same time. Weird.
"Okay. And was that you dittoing that?" Manai asks Laurie. "And just to be clear," she adds with a grin, "I don't know what to think if it was. But I won't judge. I hope."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

May 15, 2023 00:20:08  #242

She shook her head lightly. "I believe if Galaxian says it could work, then it can, but I am trying to figure out how. Would it be life-sized?"

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 15, 2023 00:59:10  #243

"We could wish for the ingredients and put it together," Galaxian offers. His right eye is noticeably brighter than usual. "I'd just have to reference what actual gingerbread houses look like, along with the constitution of their ingredients, so the proportions are okay."
"In that case, we could just wish for the gingerbread house itself," Nagesh points out with a hearty laugh, though his amusement indicates that he understands why the others seem intent on constructing the house from the base up rather than just obtaining a finished product.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 15, 2023 20:53:53  #244

Laurie looks thoughtful at Nagesh's last remark. "I believe it would have more value as a gift if we were to make it ourselves."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 15, 2023 22:39:07  #245

"That's true," he agrees.
"If we really needed to, we could just make a regular house and then size it up, like scaling an image," Manai adds after the exchange between Nagesh and Laurie. "Though we'd have to find a place to put it, of course. Like a room! I remember seeing a pretty big room around here somewhere."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 15, 2023 22:46:59  #246

"An estimate date would be useful too, so the gift isn't sitting around unused for too long."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 15, 2023 22:52:15  #247

"I guess that depends on if they'd eat it. The time frame would be tighter if they wanted to," Manai points out, twirling her finger around and around for emphasis for whatever reason. "Oh! And I guess that's assuming we'd be able to create an airtight container of the same size too. I think we'd need that for storage purposes."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 15, 2023 22:59:54  #248

Laurie put her hands together with a faint clap. "The room we store it in could be airtight, saving the effort of making a new container just to hold the gift."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 15, 2023 23:47:14  #249

"But wouldn't us entering the room let air in?" Manai asks with genuine curiosity. 
Fun fact: Galaxian hasn't breathed for the entire duration of this meeting, so he's just remembering that air exists. (:

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 16, 2023 17:12:29  #250

"I think the problem would be if too much air came in contact with the gift. In other words, if we entered and left the room several times." Laurie made sure to accompany her words with a hand motion. Except she's completly still, with only her hand moving, and it might look kinda weird.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 16, 2023 17:41:59  #251

"That makes sense," Manai immediately agrees. "Then I'll have to remember to not do that. Maybe we could wear hygienic clothing too, just to be safe. Like professional food preparers!"
"It would certainly not be ideal to get frosting on our hair," Chiyoko adds, though honestly she doesn't seem to be particularly bothered by the notion.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 16, 2023 19:34:38  #252

She nodded, pleased. "Yes, and we will need aprons too." A little pause. "And... I could try to help with hairdos to avoid messes on that part."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 16, 2023 19:46:10  #253

"But to tie this quality of hair would be a true pity," Nagesh counters with a handsome eyebrow raise and a not-so-subtle hair flip.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 16, 2023 20:00:49  #254

Laurie turned to stare at Nagesh.
"It will too be a pity when the quality of our gift decreases." 
Her words were not completely serious. A lighthearted tone accompanied her warning.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 16, 2023 20:19:06  #255

He pretends to promptly shrink from her gaze. "Then I suppose I will make an exception just this once," he relents with what must be his closest imitation of a resigned pout, though he keeps his hand near his hair as if to prove a point.
Manai is trying her hardest to discern whether her hair can even be tied in the first place. She can't really see it, though. She has a little grin on her face all the while.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 16, 2023 20:33:31  #256

Laurie closed her eyes for emphasis on her nod. "Good."
A tiny smile showed on her lips. She then tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear. Of course she could help the others with their hair if needed. After all, right now she had her own hair tied into a braid-decorated braid with hairpins holding everything in place. Definitely something that would look more like a woven style than braided if one were to look at it up close.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 16, 2023 20:58:36  #257

The others just have their hair loose, with the exception of Chiyoko, who always has her hair up in some elaborate hairstyle. 
"Teacher, teacher," Manai exclaims to Laurie, "are you able to tie my hair? Is it too short?"

(For reference her actual hair length is a bit shorter than in the drawing xD I do not specialize in drawing her hair length correctly)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 16, 2023 21:07:35  #258

She turned her attention to Manai, carefully looking at the girl's hair as if she hadn't already memorized her friend's appearance. "Because of its length, I would recommend pinning it back rather than tying it. An attempt at a braid can be done, but it would be short and I don't know if it would work out."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 16, 2023 21:12:27  #259

"I think a braid would make my head look inflated," Manai evaluates, flattening her hand against her face to achieve an exaggerated effect. "And it's important to look good while making a gingerbread house because..." She thinks hard on the subject. "We might make a photo album."
"A photo album," Galaxian parrots, with a tone that suggests he is 0.005 seconds away from getting distracted again if someone doesn't interrupt him.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 16, 2023 21:17:59  #260

A photo álbum... an interesting idea, for sure, but right now the priority was the preparations for the gift making.
"Not at all," Laurie replied to Manai with a shake of her head. "The braids would lay flat against your head because of how straight your hair is. Mine is fluffy, and that's the reason why my braid looks so large."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 16, 2023 21:24:16  #261

Thank you, Laurie.
"Oh, so that's how it works," she replies with what seems to be (and is) genuine excitement at learning something new. "Yeah, my hair is kind of flat now that I pay more attention to it," she adds, fluffing it a bit with her hand. "I guess I thought that the braid would somehow be against the back of my head."
Nagesh agrees non-verbally, mostly since he's usually the one to help her cut her hair and knows pretty well how little attention she pays attention to it.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 16, 2023 21:33:55  #262

"I could try a demonstration after the meeting, if you wish," she offered. Although this was a topic Laurie was very interested in, it couldn't take over the priority right now either. 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 16, 2023 21:40:10  #263

"Sounds good!" she accepts the other's offer with a happy smile. She doesn't mind others touching her hair, though in the first place most people probably don't think of doing it in the first place. "Then as long as we're good on keeping clean while we're doing the prep, then we just need to procure the ingredients? Or should we be doing something else first?"
"I would suggest establishing a date, time, and general plan," Chiyoko states lightly.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 16, 2023 21:47:34  #264

Chiyoko's comment was definitely very important for the not-so-planned plan. So, Laurie turned her attention to Galaxian, expecting a reply on the date. Earlier she'd mentioned that an estimate would be helpful.
After two or three seconds, she moved her sight to the others in the room, finally settling on whoever spoke up next.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 17, 2023 00:49:53  #265

"I assume these events remain unscheduled?" Nagesh asks Galaxian, who nods.
"I usually just wait for weather that I think they would like," he explains. After a moment, he adds: "This time I was waiting for a thunderstorm. I think they'd like those."
"Would it be alright if we forecast for such weather, then?" the mage asks again, to which the deity nods again.
"Of course," he says, making some sort of movement with his hands to level out his shirt. "I understand that that's more practical."
"Where would this weather forecast be centered?" Manai asks, raising her hand a bit as if doing so subconsciously. "I'm assuming outside of this space, so...would it be the place closest to here somehow?"
"Yep." The deity gives his affirmation again. "I believe the place would be in the Modern or Cyber Sect, but I'd have to check. Should I give you the coordinates?"
"Yes, please!"
While Galaxian teleports over to her and the two of them fuss over some numbers (which very much sound unnecessarily long), Chiyoko and Nagesh remain in their respective positions, seemingly content in their passitivity. After a while, though, Manai raises her voice a little to address the others again. "The next big storm's in 17 days."
Gotta love how they decided on a big storm. 
"It lasts almost the whole day," Galaxian adds besides her, as if that's particularly important.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 17, 2023 21:58:42  #266

If they liked that, then, well, good for them. She'd be happy if they were happy.
"Perfect. Will we need umbrellas for the storm, or do you think they would prefer to feel the rain on their skin?"

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 17, 2023 22:24:43  #267

"They don't have skin," Galaxian states, way too nonchalantly. With a smile no less.
...please, Galaxi, for the love of Forengard, add more context. ...he's not gonna though, huh.
"I believe that they exist in a state slightly different from most of us," Nagesh specifies, loosely steepling his fingers. "If I were to draw similarities, then perhaps they are closer to Galaxian than they are to us. Or Xolani, perhaps."
Chiyoko gives him a glance. Whatever its message translates to, he seems to get the meaning, since he further adds: "Physically they are more so an illusion than reality. I suppose I can phrase it like that."
Manai doesn't seem to be reacting too strongly. Either she is grappling with an urge to envision something inaccurate or just doesn't seem to perceive the descriptions given to them as being a big deal. Well, perhaps the reference to Galaxian helped. Even with his inconsistencies in appearance, he isn't too abnormal, after all. Perhaps that could be a defining factor in reacting to this new information.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 17, 2023 22:25:46  #268

(Bruh I'm sorry I realized I just buried your thread with this one again lol, the irony lmiao)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 17, 2023 23:58:16  #269

()It's okay, I think I'll be bumping it up and deleting the bump post whenever I post on this one.=))

Galaxian's statement made Laurie's mind flash back to the images in an anatomy book she had seen. The diagrams for the musculatory and circulatory system would have filled her thoughts along with an attempt to figure out what a skinless person would look like (a HORRIFYING thought), but thankfulluy the others specifying a bit more helped her train of thought get back on track.
Not without her eyes lost in a stare at the nothing in front of her for a good five seconds, though.
"...I am ...not sure ...that I completely understand the concept right now," she confessed. "But I will not worry about the rain, then."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 18, 2023 17:24:27  #270

"Okay," the deity replies with a quick nod, as if he didn't just imply at something horrendously grotesque to think about. 
Manai mouths a "Ditto" to Laurie even though the other might not be looking at her. Understandable, you two, have a great day.
"Allow me to circle that tangent back to our plan," Nagesh continues smoothly. "In terms of procuring the components of this 'gingerbread house' as well as assembling the structure, will seventeen days suffice? Or should further 'weather forecasts' be generated for general convenience? I must admit, my level of comprehension as to why this particular factor of this particular location was utilized is lower than what I would prefer."
"I thought they'd enjoy getting poured on as soon as they left the base," Galaxian replies to the second part.
He is really saying some borderline cursed stuff today, huh. Though at least it answers the question this time.
"I'm good with any time," Manai chirps brightly. She makes some small pumping motions with her hands, as if she's getting fired up already. She probably is. "Any time that works for you guys works for me."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera