HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 3, 2020 00:18:49  #31

Re: An Amateur Artist's Art Array ~ Specter's art collection

Behold the full extent of my art style seizures
Okay, maybe not that much.
Anyways, this got to the point in which I started wondering if I was drawing Germaine with different clothes or a completely new person.

I daren't color it. Anyways, yeah.

Actually, feedback for this one would be really appreciated? Please?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 3, 2020 00:23:09  #32

Alrighty, I really don't have the authority to give feedback--my art itself is in a phase too and my proportions suck. But with me putting my finger over certain areas on the face, it just seems off. Her eyes are about the same size/angle, implying a very frontal view, but her nose is at a pretty extreme angle and her face clearly signifies a view that's more like a 3/4 view. That seems to be the issue imo? All I know for sure is that it seems off.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

June 3, 2020 12:20:32  #33

Oh, that's fine. I think it's easier to notice errors in others' drawings than with your own xD.

Hmmm, that might be a recurring problem for me. Now that you mention it (tbh I hadn't noticed) I may have put too much effort into making the eyes look similar even though it is a 3/4 angle.
How to draw noses, though?

I honestly don't know if the hands are too large or not but I feel the arms are long. Eh well, practice will hopefully make me improve.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 3, 2020 14:15:53  #34

OOOOOOH!!!!

🧋🧋Boba be M I N E🧋🧋

Signed: Your local derp
~ Fallon

June 4, 2020 16:49:30  #35

I was trying to think up some stuff for these OCs, so I decided to draw them.
I used a base as reference. That's why the bodies look mostly okay while the faces are... not so great XD. But yeah. And also, this would be their "official design"?

I still don't master the art of clothing folds, but I try. Anyways, lately I've been trying to make my linearts smoother and not so sketch-like. Perhaps I'm succeeding, but who knows.

Well, it's Allen and Dalia.
There.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 4, 2020 16:50:39  #36

The paper is somewhat creased btw.
I mean to color it later but I probably won't show that, since I still have to try out the blending for the skin color and I need practice for that.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 6, 2020 18:51:59  #37

Awwwww, sibwing wuvAdorable

🧋🧋Boba be M I N E🧋🧋

Signed: Your local derp
~ Fallon

June 6, 2020 20:49:38  #38

So, a couple days ago, I mentioned I was testing around a program (Fresh Paint) that came with my laptop. Here's the most decent art piece I have from the ones I did. 
It's the Cheetah. I can't do her bangs correctly (they're supposed to be a little longer) but for now I'll blame it on the program. The colors are mostly correct Ig though. Casual dress.

Everything is automatically very textured to resemble real life painting hahaha
I used pencil tools, because the other ones (watercolor, oil, and crayon) weren't really to my taste. I suffered a bit since it's been quite a while since I last painted something without layers. Well, the blender thing didn't work but I think that adjusting the shades of color gives you a decent, rather smooth shading. And I didn't do the lineart I generally do because it would've smudged the rest of the painting.
I was, however, rather pleased to discover that the watercolors didn't mix in with the pencil! That's what I used to do the background. It's the most similar feature to layers I was able to find. 
In general, it was interesting. Having a drawing tab makes it considerably easier but yeah.

Also the fact that I can't change the canvas size afaik is.... ehhh,,,. Another thing I wasn't able to do was crop and resize and move specific parts around. So every error had to be fixed by hand with an eraser that left smudges on the canvas and the colors around it lol.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 7, 2020 19:32:53  #39

Honestly the program looks like an app I have installed on my computer haha.
Idk how your program works (it's definitely better though lol) but that isn't bad. There are obviously some parts that look messy (like she looks like she has bits of flesh stuck on her cheek that shouldn't be there), but yeah, overall, not bad.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 8, 2020 15:08:42  #40

👀 hehe.
Yeah, I ended up spending like forty minutes on that xD since I wanted it to look okay. I saw your suggestion and fixed the cheek a little while ago. I thought it wouldn't be noticeable hmm.

I might do more quick sketches of my characters there? I mean, it's the only program which works with my tablet in my account xD so even though I don't *need* it, it'd be nice to explore more and have a li'l bit more mastery over it.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 14, 2020 00:23:29  #41

I'm not resizing this one because I'm lazy but anyways, it's a cute Yvonne.
I used a base.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 16, 2020 16:43:31  #42

Practicing drawing little kids.
How in the world am I supposed to color an albino with the colored pencils I have??? Hopefully I did a decent job.

I don't love how it came out, but I think it's okay. I mostly like the clothing tbh. I suffered a bit wih the hair and more with the general proportions.
The clothing was supposed to look princess-like, but it turned to be too complicated and I simplified it a bit (maybe a bit too much haha) so now it just looks like regular fancy clothes.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 16, 2020 17:24:06  #43

She just looks like a short teenager to me lol but I like the overall scheme and the clothing textures. Is this Macaroni?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 16, 2020 17:29:43  #44

Yep it's the Macaroni.
Honestly I thought it'd be obvious by the file name but xD apparently not everyone opens the images to check the file names. I'll make sure to say who the people in my drawings are next times.

I did try to make the eyes a little bigger? Probs not very noticeable since I often do big eyes anyways. Face shape was oof.
Tbh I like the skirt. I think I did pretty well on the ruffles.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 16, 2020 17:32:22  #45

Open??? The images??? I need to edit your messages to even get to the links, you think a lazy donkey like me is doing that? And if you mean "Open Wikia" that's just a no here for me

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 16, 2020 17:34:24  #46

Oof okay lol. I don't upload them on Wikia though lol that takes too long.
I just do right click/prolonged tap and then open the image in another tab though Idk if that works for you or not.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 16, 2020 17:38:18  #47

That does not xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 16, 2020 17:42:27  #48

Big oof. Ah well. I'll try to be clearer in my descriptions then.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 16, 2020 17:48:27  #49

And here's a drawing from a few days ago too. I had an urge to draw dresses so yeah why not.

I have a single OC whose color scheme is white+orange so it should be obvious who this is XD
Well, I'll say I'm rather proud of the drawing in general. Especially the dress (even though the skirt is uneven on accident whoopsie) design, since it looks kinda aesthetic to me. I still don't master the art of coloring pale skin but Amande's skin isn't as light as Corinne's so it was a bit easier. 
The eyes are closed (and a little uneven as well) because her eyes are just,,, hard to color. White eyelashes tho. And the hair turned out okay I think. I added the headband thingy because it looks less plain that way. And why not as well?
I think I did better on the wings than the other times I've drawn, but they're not perfectly symettrical. Ah well. But the coloring was okay. 
And yes, yes I hid one hand because I got lazy and the other visible one is kinda weird.

Amande probably wouldn't wear clothing like this unless strictly necessary or something though.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 16, 2020 17:58:00  #50

Hmm, the left wing is supposed to be more melon-colored instead of white but it seems that the picture didn't catch all the hues. Maybe I'll have to press down harder on the pencils to make it more visible.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 16, 2020 18:03:09  #51

Love the colour scheme but that’s probably just bias because orange is my favourite colour
She looking like a New 2DS XL

June 16, 2020 18:26:10  #52

Thanks! I'm normally not a big fan of orange except for light accents here and there but I surprisingly like how it looks on her. 
Haha is that like a gaming device or something?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 16, 2020 18:36:31  #53

June 16, 2020 18:40:17  #54

Amande is a 2DS XL confirmed.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 16, 2020 21:19:03  #55

Behold, my latest masterpiece. It took me over ten hours to complete it.

It's supposed to be Queen Esther, but I think it could be any random lady dressed up for a party or something. I'm very proud of the background (it's the first one of this sort I've done, so yay!) and the clothing as well. The arms on the lady look weird but it's minor when compared to the full glory of the whole piece.
Also I haven't signed it yet but that's bc I'll use my actual name to sign it and uhhh well yeah lol I'm not posting that with the drawing online lol.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 16, 2020 21:32:20  #56

Nice!

June 16, 2020 23:52:52  #57

Nice indeed!

Backgrounds are hard to do lol.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

June 17, 2020 03:06:25  #58

Thanks! I'm extremely proud of it. I hope the other people who see it will like it as well.
Yes they are indeed! Mostly time-consuming, I'd say. (no pun intended I swear).

Now let's leave the topic of nice art behind and transition into something... weirder.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 17, 2020 03:08:48  #59

My brain works in weird ways. I still have no idea of why I did this.

It's not an original drawing. It's based off this one I found on Pinterest and a comment by Galaxian.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 17, 2020 03:09:42  #60

Germaine with cool pants

Board footera