GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 24, 2021 06:08:21  #331

Re: [HPA] The halls of Hope's Peak Academy are still peaceful...

"Yea!" Apollo nods happily.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

May 24, 2021 19:17:23  #332

Iollan gives him a thumbs-up. "Alrighty, let's go to the back, near the storage room," he tells the others, taking the lead.
It's kinda weird, but he almost seems like he's more graceful and natural here--kind of like a lithe tiger in his own territory, perhaps. He's certainly not a very territorial tiger, though. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

May 24, 2021 19:43:12  #333

So more like a tiger leading his cubs around.

Apollo and Calix follow along.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

May 25, 2021 01:15:51  #334

Germaine went after Iollan as well, her first steps more like a little dash because she had delayed her start by a few seconds.
"Have fun later, by the way," she told Apollo.

Specter
Never mind the rising light
There's no sign of day or dawning
In my heart it's still the night
And we'll stay up the morning!

May 25, 2021 05:30:24  #335

Apollo beamed and nodded.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 14, 2021 22:11:50  #336

That somehow made the mental image a lot weirder, Echo.
"We'll need to go even further," he informs even once they reach the back door, presumably leading to the outside (and subsequently, the outside storage room).

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 14, 2021 23:43:36  #337

"A little walking never hurt anyone," Germaine commented.

Specter

June 15, 2021 00:31:58  #338

Look man, the Narrator panics when having to POV, a'ight? A'ight. I am not responsible for what images you hallucinate when you read words.

Calix gave a slight nod.

Both he and Apollo followed along. There's not much to narrate on this end.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 22, 2021 21:32:00  #339

(A really long POV from my part just got swallowed and you guys wouldn't understand how frustrated I feel atm xD)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 23, 2021 03:22:58  #340

The weather outside is quite pleasant. It's not ideal according to this narrator's standards, though--notably, said standards of 'good weather' are where it's raining like a hailstorm, with each rain drop being like a small bullet, overall overstaying its welcome from the earth's flora and fauna. No, right now, it's actually partially sunny, with just enough sun peeking out from between hazy clouds to warm the face instead of scorching it, in general making the temperatures sit casually in the comfortable range of the early seventies. To add onto the ideal setting, some birds are singing from an unknown position atop the school’s rooftop, and if the teachers retain their silence, they can perhaps even hear some squirrels chittering from trees rooted somewhere nearby.
As for the platform on which the teachers are situated upon, that would be a ramp, leading the way to some pavement at the end. It’s surprisingly clean—after all, if one forcibly brushes either the support at the sides or any other part of the ramp with one’s hands, the hands will still come off without visible speckles of dust upon them. Meanwhile, the ramp’s incline is somewhere inside the ideal slope range of ramps—not too severe to be inconvenient, but also not too flat for the existence of the ramp itself to seem dramatic and show-off-y.
And then, across the small strip of pavement is another opportunity for which Hope’s Peak Academy gets to flex its monetary resources.
After all, other schools would likely have something like a quarter-mile track and a small field, with a view of the neighboring streets and neighborhoods. But for Hope’s Peak, there is only a massive field stretching out as far as the eye can see and beyond, complete with a very long (but, in the narrator’s opinion, possibly demoralizing) track.
Remember when the narrator said that as long as the teachers didn’t talk, they could hear critters chattering? That’s right, because this field and the other features within this space are so vast that there is no possibility of hearing anything other than a default silence. Whereas less prodigious schools would likely have heard cars hustling and honking about the streets, kids shouting away their last few days of summer vacation, and other such noises, this school has none of that. Instead, the only noise that can really be heard is the occasional breeze whistling past their ears. Even the hum of an airplane is nowhere to be heard; there is, in fact, not even the distinct white trail of an airplane still remaining in the sky above them, likely having melded with the neighboring clouds even if it had existed earlier today.

The ramp is wide enough for Iollan to rat-a-tat-tat his way down the ramp without colliding into anyone, in his overly eager, slightly impatient, yet obscurely endearing manner. Why the rush? Only he knows.
He's grinning a little to himself, too. He's not hiding it well, but then again, he's not really making an effort to hide it, either.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 24, 2021 13:28:26  #341

Calix looked out across the field as they walked, his eyes tearing up from happy memories. He didn't flat out cry, he just got a bit teary. Although, he was even more happy he didn't have to run on the track anymore. He definitely wasn't the type of person to run for fun, him getting winded easily. Adding on that he wore the mask throughout his time at the school as both a student and teacher.

Apollo looked at the track and had the impulse to run laps, but obviously he didn't act upon it. He liked the track. It was nice.

Both kept up pretty well, Calix a bit slower than Apollo.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

July 1, 2021 18:23:18  #342

Germaine held out her hand to feel the sun's warmth. After walking down the ramp, she stopped for just a moment.
Then she hurried to catch up with the others again. Her smile brightened.

Specter

July 15, 2021 17:48:07  #343

(The teachers, literally just having a normal walk down a ramp:
My overdramatic and excessive POV:
Random nostalgia truck passing by: )

Iollan waits for Germaine while stepping backwards quickly, and then he turns back around to face the field as he prances a little ahead, stepping forward and thrusting his right arm forward as if a ship's captain.
"A'ight, past the field we go!" he directs.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 16, 2021 18:54:24  #344

Apollo and Calix follow, Apollo getting excited and starting to go a bit faster.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

July 20, 2021 23:09:44  #345

Germaine's smile broke into a half-grin while she adjusted her pace to the others'.
She briefly remembered the first time she'd seen the field and the track. That had been back when she was a student. Now she had the position of teacher, in which she would get to watch her students admire the track.
But for the moment, she wanted to find out what the mystery gift Iollan mentioned was.

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (July 20, 2021 23:10:06)

Specter

July 21, 2021 00:33:25  #346

Iollan starts off again, trying not to run. So, the narrator asks, want a timeskip, you two?

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 21, 2021 00:38:38  #347

Yes, the Narrator over here says. Please.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

July 21, 2021 00:45:01  #348

((Wouldn't mind one, so okay!))

Specter

July 28, 2021 02:27:23  #349

Iollan wasn't kidding when he said it would be a long walk. The trek is more like a very short hiking trip. By the time they climb one of the hills to reach what is their presumed destination (as can be inferred by Iollan's grin, which widens and grows the more they walk), they're in the courts.
Obviously, "courts" doesn't refer to the legal kind. 
Well, the first thing that anyone who's been to this place can notice is...well, they're very different. They've been repainted for sure. And the fencing on the far side seems to be entirely different in color and composition. In fact, that fencing wasn't there before.
Well?

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 28, 2021 11:13:31  #350

Apollo, despite the long walk, runs up and down the sides of the courts like a dog exploring. How he has this energy? Who knows. He's definitely taking a long nap later, though.

"Ooh, cool!" Apollo could probably be heard. He's a pretty fast runner, surprisingly.

Calix doesn't say anything, and it's hard to see through the mask, but Calix is smiling. It might be because he's been teaching for a long time, but he's very prideful about the school, so seeing new things built for it makes him very... happy? Yeah, happy. Calix himself can't exactly describe it. Perhaps excited? Hm.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

July 29, 2021 19:52:12  #351

Germaine, despite being excited too (man they're all really excitable lol), chose to continue her moderate pace, just enough to keep up with the others. She scanned over the new colors, the new fencing, her smile unwavering.

Specter

July 30, 2021 00:57:14  #352

"Right?" Iollan calls towards Apollo, using his hands as a faux megaphone so he doesn't scream in a coworker's ear. In a softer tone, he announces: "Welcome to the gift! I mean, courts. Well, both are accurate."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 1, 2021 01:44:58  #353

Calix couldn't help but wonder how much it cost. The courts looked really nice, it had to be a large chunk of money for something like this.

Apollo's still running up and down the courts, seeing to be more like a student than a teacher in this moment (unsurprisingly).

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

August 7, 2021 23:33:30  #354

It's the gift! Now that she knew that, Germaine took in the view of the courts with more detail. She spun around on her heel to see everything at once. Although the attempt failed, for she went too quickly, she didn't drop her happy expression.
The students would love this. Germaine could almost visualize teenagers  running around (or maybe she just imagined Apollo as a teen lol) and practicing their sports in groups.
Just her imagination at the moment, but it still seemed to be a bright "future" that could happen (if everything went well).

Specter

August 7, 2021 23:55:56  #355

For some reason, the parentheses just make this narrator remember that the possibility of certain students instead clobbering each other over the heads with tennis rackets is also a very real possibility. They try not to think about it, focusing on Iollan's explanation of the gift instead.
"A couple families came together to recreate this part," he starts narrating. Probably gonna do a better job than his actual narrator. "And then one family did--that part." He gestures in another direction. "The entire part, I believe. I have no idea which one came up with the way they wrapped it up." He smiles vaguely in the direction of the fencing, probably happy about it but maybe finding it a bit extra--and as such, feeling a bit guilty about it all.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 10, 2021 23:38:11  #356

To be completely fair, it's pretty possible Apollo was one of those kind of rowdy students.

Calix is thinking, as usual, so he doesn't say anything.

To fill in the void of no noise, Apollo yells, "That's nice of them! They did a real awesome job!"

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

August 12, 2021 00:30:08  #357

"Right," Iollan agrees. "So," he starts, "would any you two like to test the courts out briefly? Apollo and Calix, perhaps?" He smiles apologetically at Germaine. "Sorry for the offer's exclusion, by the way. I wouldn't want any of you getting hurt so close to the first day of school for this term."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 12, 2021 00:38:07  #358

"Oh no no, don't worry at all! I'll gladly watch. It's unfortunately not practical for me to do exercise right now anyways."
Germaine directed her smile at Iollan, and then a more encouraging one at the other teachers. A chance to see the courts being used! Nice!

Specter

August 13, 2021 17:15:42  #359

"Ah, no thank you," Calix said.

"I will! What should I do?" Apollo grinned.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

August 13, 2021 23:45:05  #360

You know, Calix essentially just did Apollo in in that now Apollo is matched up with a guy who's an Olympic athlete. Not so subtle, either, hmm?
[color=#1e90ffNothing for now," Iollan answers as he veers off in another court's direction, "because I need to get the rackets. A ball, too. Wouldn't be much of a tennis round without a tennis ball."[/color]

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera