HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 23, 2021 11:24:14  #91

Re: [@Specter; future] Split from the normal day at the Clocktower...

Yvonne just grinned.

I guess they're entering the library now, but I don't have a description for it since it belongs to Time (and Eliza too).

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 23, 2021 17:33:51  #92

The narrator has a good idea of what it looks like, so it's fine. 
Nagesh has to cut down on his voice projection a bit. Usually he speaks like he's giving a presentation to someone across the table. A long table, or not, depending on the circumstance.
"Not many people here," he observes wryly, which he means no one else is here. Probably the only person who'd think of studying right before a possible invasion is this guy, and he dragged Yvonne into doing it with him, too. Well, finding books for his studying, anyways.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

March 23, 2021 22:55:57  #93

Yvonne offered a shrug.
"the library doesn't get a lot of visitors most of the time."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 24, 2021 00:55:13  #94

"So the person who told me 'The Clocktower is full of booklice' was overexaggerating, then..." Nagesh murmurs to himself softly. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 24, 2021 01:06:26  #95

"...booklice...?"

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 24, 2021 01:17:48  #96

"They introduced me to just about all in the vicinity with 'Booklouse,'" Nagesh answers all innocently.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 24, 2021 01:20:36  #97

Yvonne covered her lips with her hand. Her shoulders are shaking.
She really couldn't hide the fact that she was barely holding in a very loud burst of laughter.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 26, 2021 00:41:14  #98

Nagesh grins.
"Well then, Miss. Yvonne, mind introducing me to how to search for materials in the library?" he asks.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 26, 2021 00:51:14  #99

"Well, I never finished alphabetizing the books. Or even separating them into sections. Ah... it's a long but entertaining task. If we get lucky, it could be possible to find a whole section about what you want. In general terms, what is it you're looking for?"
Something's different about her voice. It sounds firmer now.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 26, 2021 00:53:12  #100

Nagesh takes a while to think. He indicates his thinking by slightly moving his eyes around, though he doesn't usually do that. 
"Hmm, I don't know how to describe something without a name, which is why I'm looking for it in the first place. It's my way of magic, I suppose. Would you need an example of it? I'm sure it will be helpful." 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 26, 2021 10:00:11  #101

"Of course, but only if it's practical. I'll try to screen through topics after your example."
Yvonne turned her attention to Nagesh. As a comment, she added, "It's a hassle to find individual books one by one."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 1, 2021 02:35:18  #102

The mage laughs slightly at that. "I dare say I'm not that unrealistic. Don't worry; this will only take a few moments." 
"I'll make the example small." And with that, he begins. Small glowing particles envelop his left arm, but it is his right arm that he raises. Without particular precision, he directs the direction of which his arm is facing towards a row of bookshelves; the particles bind together quickly, one by one, as if reaching for the shelves as well.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 13, 2021 10:46:53  #103

"Hmm..." Yvonne observed carefully. "Don't think I've seen that kind of magic before."
She's not at fault. Her roleplayer is just being kinda dense and not really understanding what's going on tbh.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 13, 2021 17:54:48  #104

The narrator would actually be more vexed if she said she'd seen it, since for all they know, this type of magic is literally an original concept and thus should have never been seen.
"Good. I'll take that as praise for me being somewhat creative," he says with a laugh. Notably, he's able to do so because the magic didn't involve chanting in the first place. As he speaks, the particles reach the bookshelves, amalgamating and then spreading. The spreading process takes less than a second--it's as if the particles enveloped the shelves, keeping careful distance from the books themselves, and then within a second, just about everything on the bookshelves rearrange. Everything being...books, of course. There's not that much on that particular shelf. But the books change their positions within a second, and the particles disappear as well, without any particular dramatic flash or similar effect.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 2, 2021 18:21:36  #105

Yvonne nodded slowly at the result.
"I suppose that was some kind of advanced book-sorting method? Looked very aesthetic."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

July 2, 2021 23:02:06  #106

"I suppose. Really, it's just magic, even if the method is due to a specific type. At least, according to information I have seen so far, such a description would be accurate," he informs. "Thank you for the compliment, by the way. Very interesting way of putting it."
How convenient would it be if the CDs were just books that he could re-shelf, huh.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 29, 2021 23:57:38  #107

"Magic here isn't 'just magic'," Yvonne said with a soft smile on her lips. "That 'specific type' is what makes the method useful. And interesting to study, too."
She glanced at the shelves again. "Very well, so what's the next step?"

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

July 30, 2021 00:05:06  #108

"I don't suppose you've seen it before?" he asks back, sounding a little hopeful.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 30, 2021 00:17:32  #109

"Ahaha, no, I haven't. Actually...I'm curious to know more about it now."
Yvonne straightened a strand of her hair. "Maybe one of these days you'd be as kind as to show me more about that type?" She asked, turning her sight up to Nagesh.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

July 30, 2021 00:22:33  #110

"If we find ourselves in each other's vicinity in the near future, I would be glad to show you. Though, the demonstration would not come with labels and subtitles," he adds. 
He means if they find themselves fighting in the same area, she'll probably end up seeing it anyways.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 10, 2021 01:46:09  #111

"Oh yeah, don't worry about it. A time for that will eventually come and I can wait." Yvonne shrugged. "Well, then, so about the books here...?"

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 2, 2021 01:58:30  #112

"An excellent question." He regards the books passively as if looking over a herd of sheep. A weird comparison, but an imaginable one considering his primary weapon of choice.
His smile is climbing back up his face as he admits, "I suppose I asked you here for permission to use some magic here instead of anything else in particular. Though, this would usually not be the case, but if it's efficient..." He grins, letting the sentence trail off and close itself off in a finish.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 2, 2021 23:00:53  #113

"Can't recall any 'no magic' rules about this place, so it's okay," she assured. 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 2, 2021 23:02:50  #114

"If there were, I'm sure the rule has been broken enough for this transgression to be viewed lightly," he reassures back.
For instance, remember when ducks were summoned in here, Yvonne--

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 3, 2021 00:06:50  #115

"That's true." Yvonne's sight went all the way up a bookshelf. "Interesting things sometimes happen here,,, but I like it more when it's all orderly."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 3, 2021 20:11:46  #116

"I'm sure you do. You seem like that type of person," Nagesh evaluates. His smile is supposed to convey that he is still well-meaning, not teasing her, but he adds, to no help: "It would also seem like you are also someone who unintentionally added to chaos once or twice, however."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 5, 2021 01:22:09  #117

Yvonne tucked some loose hair behind her ear before replying. "Complete order would be dull. But don't get me wrong, because it's also important, like... "
Her voice trailed out and she smiled at Nagesh, assuming the end of the sentence didn't need to be stated.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 5, 2021 02:14:53  #118

He smiles back. "In a sense I cannot say that I understand, but in another way, I do retain that understanding," the mage admits. He lifts his arm up. "Perhaps it is because Abstraction is somewhat like what you said," he compares as thick, glowing golden strands loop around his uplifted arm and make the bottom of his irises glow bright with their hue. "Chaos within order; order within chaos. One cannot exist without the other, and thus neither can be complete without being together. What a strange yet endearing world this is, just as all worlds are," he states, the strands dimming, combing into ever-fading strata, and then dissipating into the surroundings' majesty.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 5, 2021 21:58:06  #119

Yvonne's sight got drawn to the glowy strands and then to the other mage's eyes. She didn't hold the stare for more than two seconds.  
"True that. It's the same definition for a world inside another." She gave a step forward. "It should all be balanced. Funny, it all sounds like some kind of philosophical talk to me, but it's simple to understand."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 13, 2021 23:14:33  #120

"Good. I could barely understand the bases of philosophy myself when I was young," the mage says, watching the last of the strands fade. His eyes, too, fade back into their usual maroon. "Not that I can teach the subject now or anything of that sort, but at least I have not become someone I would not have been able to relate to," he clarifies with a small smile at the corners of his mouth.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera